Hi all...
While it's not yet ryding season...
I'm thinking of installing a dual USB outlet on my 2016 ST-S to power my phone while it's in the Ram/X-grip...similar to as described in this post:
https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ghlight=switch

I have 2 unused switch blanks, so I have a convenient place to install.
I do want it to be switched to ignition-only, and assume I can find some wiring to connect to, but will this still give me a battery voltage reading? Or would I be better off wiring direct to battery?
I've bookmarked Pierre's video but not watched it fully yet.

I may want to acquire heated gear before next winter, so thinking it would be worthwhile to install a power port at the same time while I have things unbuttoned and already fishing wires and such.

Is there a "standard" type of connection that is used, or is Gerbing different from HotWired vs Others brands?
What type of plug is typical for providing power? Cigarette lighter-type or USB or other?
Should this also be connected to be ignition-only?
I'd plan on using the other of the 2 unused spaces mentioned above, or should I think about some other location?

And...should I be thinking of adding a fuse block at this point, or is connecting somewhere in the existing fuse box sufficient? I'd potentially be powering heated jacket liner/pants liner...possibly for both myself and my wife.

Thanks in advance!