Thread: Handgrip heater

Spyder Garage

Default Handgrip heater

My left grip heater stopped working, has anybody replaced one or had this problem? the right one is working fine.
    2013 RT SE5 Pure magnesium metallic
    Leader GPS mount
    Russell Day Long seat
    Seadog power outlet DIY
    Mirror LED lights DIY
    Yokohama S drive
    Federal formoza's
    Daytime running lights DIY
    A name we shall not mention fender tip lights
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

I will be watching for answer's here too. Took in my 17 RTL for the 2nd yr. service. Told the service writer that my hand grips got way to hot on low an I would have to turn them off they got so hot thru gloves. Their answer from in the shop was, it has a low an high switch there is no ajustment for heated grips. WTH I knew that. So 3 weeks now the right grip on low still heats but barely, and on high is even less warm than low. And the left grip quits working on high an on low barely anything. Totally screwed up. You would of thought they would have at least checked the damn grips. Now warranty changed to the extended Best warranty an it will cost me the deductable if the guy that works on spyders decides there is a problem besides, there is a high low switch. Sorry for the rant in your thread.

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting....🤔

Does sound like an electrical connection problem. Could be that the grips are not connected to the switch High to High and low to low, something they should be able to check out easily enough. Might check with another shop/dealer. Many bikes have heated grips and there must be more information out there....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Spyder Garage

Some times the little wires that run into the grip get pinched, brake, or short out! There small and the grip some times twists that's when the gremlins come out and play!! Good Luck!! Or you could have a switch acting up, they do see water now and then!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Some times the little wires that run into the grip get pinched, brake, or short out! There small and the grip some times twists that's when the gremlins come out and play!! Good Luck!! Or you could have a switch acting up, they do see water now and then!
    Thanks, I'm going to take it apart and look for pinched or broken wires tomorrow.
    2013 RT SE5 Pure magnesium metallic
    Leader GPS mount
    Russell Day Long seat
    Seadog power outlet DIY
    Mirror LED lights DIY
    Yokohama S drive
    Federal formoza's
    Daytime running lights DIY
    A name we shall not mention fender tip lights
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s