Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
True story.
Years ago I was bicycling on a country road with some friends. As we passed a house, a boy and a dog charged out the front door. The boy yelled something to the effect of, "Go get 'em, Spot!" The (scary) dog flew out towards us.... and was flattened by a car. We rode on, leaving the boy standing there.
(3) of us residences lived on a country, dead end, dirt road. Me in the middle. Neighbors between me and the HWY had a pit bull that would run beside and the pull in behind me no matter what I was driving. Neighbors seemed to encourage him and did nothing about it. Pulling the boat to the lake one day, dog comes out, runs beside, and goes to pull in behind. Trailer tires runs over him. He is laying in the road bleeding heavy out of his mouth, convulsing, and pretty battered up. Neighbors were not home. Went to my vehicle and got the 44 and put him out of his misery. Neighbors didn't talk to me for years. They thought I should have taken him to the vet, 30min away. Later, not sure they would have paid me back, as they also thought it was my fault he got run over.

Regards,

Don