The Ryker is the perfect three wheel blank canvass. It is the basic cycle with all kinds of possibilities, limited only to one's imagination. I am really glad I bought one. I have said this before, I am a long time Harley guy and now find it almost impossible to ride a two wheeler. I was really getting down about losing the ability to feel the freedom of the road. Now, I can ride without worrying about using my clutch hand in order to change gears. My one knee was replaced and the other one is due for the operation, limiting my ability to balance my bike, especially with my spouse on it. Now, I have the Ryker and can see how those folks test riding one on Youtube are giggling like school girls when they take them out. This thing is amazing. Once someone takes one out for a ride, they do not want to bring it back. They are immediately sold on it. Everyone that has one becomes a salesman for them. It's hard not to. The Ryker draws all kinds of questions from folks that have never seen one before.
The price is right and all those improvements that everyone wants on them will only add to the purchase price. I am modifying my own as parts come available that will fit. Yes, I want more comfort, especially for my wife. Yes, I want a heavy duty spring for it so that I do not have to worry about overloading it with two heavy bodies. I would like to know if the max mount can handle a heavy load. I think the limit they give the bike in load is mainly just for handling purpose, not for the strength of the frame. Just guessing, of course. Both us us need to lose weight, but that is not the point right now. We are seniors and we want to enjoy our twilight years. This Ryker is fantastic. Believe it or not, it was my wife that suggested that I try it out. She also talked me into buying my first Harley, even though I already had a bike of another brand. I have a fine wife.....eat your hearts out..
The point is that the Ryker is the best deal out there for ANY three wheeler. Yes, it needs improvements, but those improvements can be made by the purchaser. I can hardly wait to see the after market inventions that come out in the next couple of years for the Ryker. And I love looking at the paint jobs some folks are doing on it.
I am fairly new to this forum. I will be learning from everyone elses experiences with their Rykers. I have already installed a lock gas cap, parking brake lock, windshield, passenger seat. I just took delivery on a new rear fender that I plan to install, once I get a little more knowledge of the process. I have the Rally and do not like the exposed fender so I am replacing it with the standard Ryker fender that I picked up for about $64 on line. I took someone's advice on here and got me a 2 1/2 inch socket from Amazon to use on the hub nut. Sorry, I digress.
I like the Ryker as is for the price. I know that if they give us what we want added, it will cost more. My opinion is that they just do minor improvements such as paint and quality control, before it leaves the factory. As the kids say or used to say, this thing is the bomb.