So at the moment no immediate family members are interested in riding. My brother does but he’s in Colorado and about to move to Berlin. My solo rides have all been short so far but a few have been long enough where I have enough idle brain cycles to consider “life”. It got me to thinking about a former coworker that did a 3 week solo trip to Alaska each year to clear his head and I started to wonder what you long time riders contemplate and discover when only in the company of your own thoughts. How beautiful this planet is? How wonderful it is to do it alone or to share it? Roads not taken in life or roads taken?

For me it is the beautiful world we live in juxtaposed by the anger we have in too many cases with differing viewpoints that prevent us finding a better world for everyone because when you get to travel it, it’s a beautiful marvel and perhaps the only meaningful things we do in life are to help others. I have also learned though that amid my many failings I have done good things and there is more good to do still. Find a purpose that matters, gather with friends you cherish and invite new ones into that circle, and without your health money and everything else is secondary.

Bless you all and I hope I run across you, even for a wave, someday!

Cheers!

LeftCoast