So, in anticipation of getting my Ryker- I’ve been starting to research/purchase gear.
After reading/watching a lot of reviews, I decided to get an HJC RPHA 11 helmet... I got a smoking deal on it ($255), and was feeling pretty amazing- until I watched this review:
https://youtu.be/SpYYJkt8Z58
He makes a point several times of saying this is a racing ONLY helmet & that it would be a terrible choice for touring.
I don’t know enough to know whether to be worried or not, lol.
I’ll be riding the bike, here in FL, mostly short trips (under 2 hours to Tampa & Orlando from where I’m at... roughly 1 hour to either the Gulf of Mexico, or the Atlantic), certainly not what I’d consider ”touring”, I guess... which I always considered like driving across a few states or whatever.
That being said- it looks like the riding position on a Ryker is pretty much fully upright; am I correct in saying that? What kind of inefficiencies will I see in my racing helmet, in that riding position? Just a bit noisier? Can I solve most of it w/ the chin strap? Will I have to dip my head a bit to get proper airflow? Lol- these are the things going through my mind... I welcome any and all info/advice.