It started last summer..I went for a ride,turned it off and returned 10 mins later and it wouldn't restart..get all the right dash lights(can't recall if the safety msg came up) ,kill switch was off and would press the brake and nothing.Try a few more times and it started...got to my destination,went to leave a couple hrs later and it did the same thing..putzed around with the cables and all of a sudden it started...When I got home,I got the battery tested and it was on it's way out..Bought a new one and everything was good.

Fast forward to the fall and it did the same thing...I would go to start it by turning the key and it would not show the safety message and go straight to the menu screen.Checked everything,checked the cables which were tight and it started so I thought it was just a wonky cable on the post.
Brought the battery in for the winter (it gets -50 with windchill here) and had the battery on a maintainer.Install it fully charged and again it bypasses the safety message and and won't turn over when I press the brake and press the engine switch and nothing.So I checked my cable/posts again,everything is good and tight.Try it again...wouldn't start then a few tries later and it starts.

I let it sit a week (cold spring) and go to start..same scenario...checked the battery and its at 5volts.Take the battery back(still on warranty) and they do a load test and the battery is good.Bring it back home,fully charged,make sure cables are tight...double and tripled checked and still bypasses safety message screen but goes straight to the display and still won't start.Checked all my fuses/relays..everything looks ok.Take the front cover off find where the + and - cable goes to(from the battery)..put my meter across,read the same as at the battery...-12.74V ..and the connections are tight.

This has me so flustered,it's a SE5 and when I try to start the dash shows it in 1st gear but from what I understand,when it starts ,it slips into neutral..it just won't start!
Anybody have any ideas? It's just so intermittent and I have read almost every "bike won't start" post here just to get some ideas...Just thought I'd ask for advice beffore I have to trailer it to the dealer who is an hr and half away.
Thanks in advance!