So after years of two-wheel tent camping I have purchased a 2016 F3-T which I consider the perfect vehicle for pulling a small motorcycle tent camper. I am planning a number of trips in 2019 to the Ozarks, Smokies and possibly a 2-3 week Colorado/Utah trip. Not getting any younger and want to get it off my bucket list while I can. I am hoping I can tap in to the experiences of those Spyder Lovers that tow small campers.

The camper I will probably pull the trigger on is the Mini-Mate by Kompact Kamper. I have tried to find a used one which is near impossible so will buy new soon. The unit is shown in the following: www.kompactkamptrailers.com. Trailer weight is 265 pounds with a tongue weight of 25 pounds. I always travel one up and want to keep the set up as simple and light as possible. Here are some of my questions:

•Which Hitch should I use? Suggestions are welcomed! My first thought is to go with the BRP hitch but it is certainly pricey. The Show Chrome hitch is much less but is it a case of “you get what you pay for” ? My dealer has said they will install the BRP hitch and wiring harness for $600-$650. Pierre at Spyder Accessories has one as well. I would like to know the +’s and –‘s of hitch set ups.

•What can I expect with the handling of the F3 when towing a loaded camper? I would suspect it would handle it fine with just allowing more stopping distance given the added weight. Any tips would be helpful.

•Can towing effect the warranty at all. I thought I heard at one time you had to use the BRP hitch or the warranty might be effected…true or false?
Anything else I need to take in to consideration? Total cost on this camper and hitch purchase will be pushing $4,500 so I am trying to do all the research I can. I am sure after a 2-3 years use I can always easily sell the camper and recoup some of the investment.

I would appreciate your collective thoughts and suggestions.