First, I do not want to minimize any of the problems people are having with BRP Connect … as I have faced some of them myself. And, like TheJuiceMan, I am extremely tech savvy (more than 30 years in software library design and support will do that to you). However, for those whos posts are recent on this thread …. please check your dash SW version …. SOME of the issues detailed here are supposed to be fixed (I believe the latest version is 20.xx.xx and prior was something like 19.3.x). Note that I have not yet had my dash updated, but do plan on it at the first service -- putting miles on the RT while trying to get a CB issue resolved; so it may be a few weeks. Additionally, I tried the "free trial" version of Genius Maps and didn't like it. About that time, BRP added Sygic and there was a "Sygic Sale" in their own store, so I got a discount on the upgrade that gives lifetime support (nearly half off, if I recall). Sygic is not perfect, but it does work and it is more "Garmin like" than Genius Maps. The main issue I am waiting to get resolved is "no music" in the BT headset (my J&M CB will be paired as a headset and I would like to hear both it an music in the headset). According to the description of the SW update, the "no music" issue is resolved with the 20.xx.xx dash update.

Finally, I agree that BRP missed the mark by going with proprietary BRP Connect instead of somewhat proven tech like Apple Car Play and Android Auto. Though, truth be told, I have heard that Honda has had some issues with their new digital dash as well (it uses Apple Car Play and Android Auto).

Good luck to us all. Love the F3 … don't have enough time with the new dash to say if I like it or not.

All the best …. Ann