Need someone's help in understanding what is "possibly" happening here, and how to know for sure....then how to fix. Here is what I know :

1. First noticed yesterday that when I started the Spyder, the right front headlamp appeared to be in "high beam" condition, with no light at all in the left light.
2. Tried the hi/lo switch, and the switch would not stay in the lo beam position but the shutter sound (which I actually had never heard before and didn't even know about) appeared, and the right light seemed to show both beams trying to be on for an instant.
3. Pulled both fuses and tried one at a time, but no light from either side unless both fuses were in.

That's where I am right now. I'm tending to lean towards a bad rocker switch on the dash, but............not sure how to check further.
Would 1 burned out bulb cause this ??? Doesn't seem so, but with this setup, who knows....

From searching on this site for "headlight issues", I'm sure this isn't new to some of you. I have read about changing to LEDs and may do so while resolving this.

Any help appreciated.