It happened again. My 2010 is throwing P1614 after only about 1200 miles since the throttle body was replaced with the 3rd generation part in September. I always run premium fuel and use Sea Foam or Lucas fuel treatment every 3rd tank or so. Aaaargh! This is the 3rd time this bike has stranded me 100+ miles from home. My confidence in this machine is completely shattered at this point.

Prior to owning a Spyder, I'd never even had need to become familiar with what a throttle body is/does let alone be staring at repair bills of $1,200 or more every thousand miles (or thereabouts). Given how much these things retail for, the Can Am Spyder should be the ultimate performance/luxury sport-touring platform. Not so much. I've owned 1 Suzuki, 2 Honda, 1 Kawasaki sport-touring class machines and NEVER had lame issues like this. Thought I was stepping up when graduating to a Spyder but it's really clear this was a downgrade.

Super disappointed. Shame on you Can-Am for not classifying this chronic issue as a full-on recall and doing right by Spyder owners. I really want to like this bike but I'm pretty much over it.