HI,
Hopefully someone will be able to help. My wife recently purchased an 08 Spyder touring model, it has a manual transmission. So I'm guessing it is an SM5. The trike was donated to our church and she made an offer which was accepted. Don't think I've ever seen her so excited to try something new. I have been doing my own wrenching for years. 01 Dynaglide, 02 Ultra Classic, 72 Ironhead Sportster, 04 K1200lt, 04 Goldwing, various Yamahas, Suzukis, Hondas, Kawasakis, and now Can Am Spyder. Don't have a service manual yet, but have been able to remove the touring bags, trunk, most of the tupperware, fuel lines and etc. It is my desire to get this trike running for my bride. Happy wife, happy life!!!! The trike has been sitting for 3 years. The previous owner indicated electrical problems and I already know the fuel system will have to be repaired. The gas smells like vinegar. I would like to remove the fuel tank, do a complete clean, replace the fuel pump, screen, fuel filter and so on. Then move on to the electrical. Removal of the fuel tank has me stumped at this point. All the bolts have been removed, fuel lines removed, and I have pulled the bolts on the brake cylinder, just haven't been able to pull out the tank. I must be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ed