PDA

View Full Version : USER NAMES/HANDLES - What does yours mean? Where did it come from?

Pages : [1] 2

BumbleBee
12-14-2009, 08:29 PM
This ended up to be a fun thread, let's see if anymore SpyderLovers will tune in!!

How did you obtain or come up with your user name?

One day shortly after I bought my yellow/black spyder, we went out ryding, and a boy pointed at me and said "Look that's BumbleBee".

It then stuck with me.

The name reflects the BumbleBee character in the Transformers Movie.

Desert Spyder
12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Uh, I live in the desert?

Frig
12-14-2009, 09:00 PM
My last name is Fragale. I picked up the nickname in a high school that I taught at. My brother was on the football team at the time and it really started with him.

killerbee
12-14-2009, 09:07 PM
My husband (killerbee) has a pest control company, thus his name. His Spyder is also yellow and black. I have a red and black Spyder and go by Ladybug.

Neez
12-14-2009, 10:03 PM
So, after they replaced both my kNEEZ at the hospital: " Can I still ride, Doc?" "Yes, but dont be dropping any more bikes." Hmmm, what kind of a bike is hard to drop.....?

Motza
12-14-2009, 10:18 PM
My riding buddy is Italian and I call him pizza, me being jewish he calls me motza.

However I do like the name "Barking Spyder"

GA-SPYDER
12-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Uh, I live in Georgia?:roflblack:

NancysToy
12-14-2009, 10:21 PM
The Spyder is Nancy's, and so am I, hence NancysToy. Maybe I'll have to change back to "Scooter Scotty" as I have been known since the mid-sixties, after my own Spyder RT-S is delivered.

tatt2r
12-14-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm a tattoo artist

Some Guy
12-14-2009, 10:54 PM
I tried for a long time to come up with some clever screen name with no luck. I finally came to the realization that, to everyone else out there, I'm just some guy....then the "Ah Ha!" moment... SOME GUY! :D

Yo Bee...I really like this thread idea, good job! :thumbup:

(Oh yeah...your license plate still makes me think of a light bulb in a bathroom!!!)

WackyDan
12-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Great thread.

Someone coined me "WackyDan" once many years ago. I think I got on the Internet circa, 1993 and that is essentially what my handle has been since then...

It made online dating more of a challenge however...

RodO
12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
My mother made me do it ...

RTGENE
12-14-2009, 11:26 PM
I have been a member of the Patriot Guard Riders for 2 plus years and was nicked named BMWGENE because of the bike I was riding. When I ride the spyder I am still BMWGENE so no need to change.
It may be something you would want to do after you take a look.
http://www.patriotguard.org/

Some Guy
12-14-2009, 11:33 PM
It made online dating more of a challenge however...
Hmm...maybe it's your picture! :D Although, even though you're an alien-metal-dude, you still look better than Porboy!!! :roflblack: :roflblack: :roflblack:

truck 85
12-15-2009, 12:02 AM
truck because it is short and 85 for the year my oldest son was born. not very exciting but that is it.

Tripod
12-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Well, I use a cane, kinda like three legs, I ride a trike and a Spyder, all with three wheels, hence...Tripod.

Tripod :joke:

bone crusher
12-15-2009, 12:35 AM
I crush people for a job and for leisure...:shocked:

BillGargan
12-15-2009, 12:53 AM
I am just an old phart that is baffled -- and often disturbed -- by the anonymity that is bred by the web. Stop it and show your faces -- er names.

WackyDan
12-15-2009, 01:14 AM
I am just an old phart that is baffled -- and often disturbed -- by the anonymity that is bred by the web. Stop it and show your faces -- er names.

I do at the post office. :yikes:

pathfinderjoe
12-15-2009, 01:19 AM
At the end of a long day of hunting me and my hunting buddy would always get into a discussion (some times heated) about the fastest way back to camp. I was normally right and so he started calling me pathfinderjoe (with just a touch of sarcasm). The truth is - he couldn't find true north with a compass.

NewRider
12-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Pretty simple. At age 67, I purchased my first motorcycle. And THAT happens to be my dear '09 Spyder SE5..!:f_spider:

QuadManiac
12-15-2009, 02:10 AM
As per my sig, I have a few quads... and started using the name on a Yamaha Raptor 660 forum - kept it here to keep my confusion factor low.

irish2themax
12-15-2009, 04:30 AM
Hmmmm...maybe because I love all things Irish? Used to be ancientmariner on another site years ago

Mo Lee
12-15-2009, 05:22 AM
I agree this thread is a good idea:2thumbs:
I like to keep things simple, my last name and the name most know me by is Lee. When I started hanging out on the Valkyrie site someone had that handle so I added the Mo because I'm from Missouri, so again to keep it simple I use Mo Lee on both sites. My CB handle was Missouri Hillbilly back then.

musicarcade
12-15-2009, 05:44 AM
My name comes from a Neil Young song. I used it when I joined a Neil Young mailing list back in '96. I collect more music than a sane person should, in all types of formats. Hence, music arcade.

BumbleBee
12-15-2009, 05:52 AM
I love the responses and reasoning behind your user names :2thumbs:, some are really funny :roflblack: Been wanting to do this for awhile now :D

2+1
12-15-2009, 05:59 AM
By trying to live by the quote "Keep it simple stupid".
Hence the simple math of the spyder.

retread
12-15-2009, 07:38 AM
I'm old (experienced?) enough that it fits (I think), and now I've found out there's a club for people like me (experienced) called "Retreads". It's for us old pharts that ride.

john

skypup
12-15-2009, 07:46 AM
I have loved aviation since I was a kid. I have built and flown 3 ultralight aircraft over the years. One I had plans for back in the 80's but never built was called the SKYPUP.

skypup
12-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Someone coined me "WackyDan" once many years ago. I think I got on the Internet circa, 1993 and that is essentially what my handle has been since then...

*Mower deck in development*

Wacky Dan

When I first showed my wife a video of the spyder she couldn't stop laughing and thought it looked like a commercial lawnmower.:roflblack:

shansmow
12-15-2009, 07:59 AM
As stated before.....Great Thread :2thumbs: I've turned into my mother whom we used to call a "mean ole woman" and since my daughter's name is Shannon.... I was thinking of changing it to Roll Tide Mama :D

woodz428
12-15-2009, 08:20 AM
My name is Dave Wood, the nickname Woodsy got applied early on and I couldn't shake it. More people know me by Woodsy than my actual name. I specialize in 60s era Ford performance cars with a passion for 428CJ engines...hence woodz428

BLACK WIDOW
12-15-2009, 08:42 AM
When I bought the Spyder and brought it home for the first time, my good neighbor came over to see what kind of contraption I had bought this time. When he asked what they called the thing, I replied "SPYDER"; His reply was "should be called BLACK WIDOW since it looks like the thing could kill you".
thus, Black Widow.:D

Michael:doorag:

blaquevenus
12-15-2009, 08:52 AM
my name is from highschool also. my little "big" bro played football & they called him "black" as he got bigger it was "big black", LOL:) now i was a member of the danceteam & cheer squad, they always called me "black's sis" so 2 prevent offending anyone i changed the spelling of black 2 blaque on our spirit gear & instead of them calling me "blaques sis" it became BlaqueVenus. I use it 4 my screen names on everything, sometimes shortened: blqvenus, blqvns -- I have reserved the VA motorcycle plates 4 my RTs as BLQVNS and 4 my trailer GWLBOX ;)**Awesome thread, look 4ward 2 seeing the responses**

Yazz
12-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Its neat to learn how everyone came up with their names. Bumblebee, great idea!

Long ago, I belly danced and got good enough that I needed a stage name. Pondered long and hard and came up with the name Yazz. The knees gave out but the name stayed on.

Lamonster
12-15-2009, 10:05 AM
Cool post :2thumbs:

I got mine from my partner on the Valkyrie board. I was always taking my Valk apart right before a big ride or show and was down to the wire on getting it back together. About the same time the show "Monster Garage" was pretty popular and I was a welder by trade just like Jesse James so I was crowned the "Lamonster". My real name is Lamont. :doorag:

KNIGHTRIDER
12-15-2009, 10:21 AM
My flying call sign was "Nightrider" , now retired and a member of the Blue Knights Int M.C. so it just evolved to Knightrider.

DynamoBT
12-15-2009, 10:46 AM
"Dynamo" was a nickname when I was young. Have it on two license plates. DYNAMO, first on my BMW Z3 and now on my Subaru. DYNAMO+ on my F250 SuperDuty truck. Still have the Z3. I have it put up as I am ryding the Spyder so much.

I like the name so much the Bull Terrier in my avatar is "Corsaire The Dynamo". Corsaire is the kennel name. He did some serious winning in breed conformation. In DynamoBT the BT is for Bull Terrier. I coined this name for beginnerbikers.org. Dynamo would be my kennel name if I ever bred bull terriers.

So simple really.

ZOSO
12-15-2009, 10:57 AM
On Led Zepplins fourth album is the zoso logo for Jimmy Page, I have a
gold zoso metal that has been on my neck for 33 years.

porboy
12-15-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm a boy, and I'm por, so poor I only use one "o".:roflblack::roflblack:

Questions
12-15-2009, 12:12 PM
I fly radio control helicopters.>rcheli

nudle
12-15-2009, 12:25 PM
:popcorn:Nudle was a nickname my buddy gave me when I was 10, the name has stuck with me and now I am 68 yrs old and my friends still call me Nudle

sabunim5
12-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Sabunim is the Korean word for instructor and 5th degree is the highest rank of the various black belts I have, hence sabunim5. Marriage, Motorcycling and Martial Arts are the three constants in my life. :ohyea:

effgjamis
12-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Very simple. I think..

F. G. Jamison is my name..

F. spelled " eff "
G. " " G "
Jamison " Jamis "

thus.... " effgjamis "

3whlLefty
12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I've been riding 3 wheelers since 1991 and have been left handed for a 'bit' longer than that. ;) That's how I picked this name but it turns out that it is really hard to type. Hmmm! Coulda done better but now I can't figure out how to change it so I set the flag to have the board remember me. Works fine.

Questions
12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm called nightcruiser,simply enough because I like to ride at night.

Sarge707
12-15-2009, 12:33 PM
Well "Sarge" I ran a National Guard Unit 22 Years and my Sea Doo Race # was always "707." Simple!:popcorn:

PCBeachBum
12-15-2009, 01:22 PM
I moved from CT in Dec 2001 after visiting a friend here in Panama City Beach, FL, 4 months earlier. Looking for a new profession that had Eye Popping benefits :shocked:, my friend suggested in becoming a beach bum. After a year of on the job training, I became a full time beach bum.

Its a tuff job, sitting on the beach all day soaking up all those dangerous UV Rays, to protect those nubile young bodies in their tiny bikini's, but someone has to do it.:yikes:

I see hundreds of new bikini's on hangers in stores now but, they really do come to life, when worn on the beach.:D

That's where PCBeachBum came from. I'm alone now with the passing of my beach Bum friend, who was more like another younger brother to me but, I'm determined to keep the Beach Bum Tradition alive. Its going to be tougher now with the :spyder2: but, I'll do my best!;)

GI Jane
12-15-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm not creative. My sister started calling me GI Jane when I first joined the Army 32 1/2 years ago. Then came the movie...... It's easy for me to remember :joke:

SpyderGirl
12-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Um, cuz I'm SpyderGirl.... what more is there to say? :doorag:

ataDude
12-15-2009, 02:08 PM
A version of mine was provided by one member of the Valk riding group ("hotglue" sometimes posts here) when I turned the Valk over in 1998 during a u-turn... broke my foot... way out in the boondocks. It was "atta boy"... similar to "way to go, dumba$$".

The bike, BTW, wouldn't restart (problem with the turn-over switch), and we had to wait about four hours in the 100+* Texas heat for a wrecker. The wrecker turned out to be Farmer John with his hay-coated trailer. Had to ride "b*&^%ch" back to town.

In any case, I morphed "ataBoy" over time to ataDude... rhymes with "attitude". It used to fit... I'm a mellow fellow now. :D

My Valk license plate reads "ATA"... "allergic to asphalt".

trikester
12-15-2009, 02:34 PM
I chose "trikester" because I had built two dual-sport trikes, with the double wheels in front, (one is in my avatar photo) before the Spyder appeared on the scene. I was about to design and build a highway only version (bigger, more power, etc) when I saw a pre-production article about the Spyder. I thought; "to hell with building a road trike, I'll buy one of those". About two years later (longer wait than I expected) I became the proud owner of one of the "Original Owner's Group" Spyders and I've never regretted not building a third trike. However, off road, I wouldn't trade either of my "homebuilts".

Somewhere, way back in this forum, there are some more detailed photos of my "Yamaha" trikes, if newer members want to see more, but don't ask me where they are.

Trikester

medican
12-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Well, Im a Paramedic by trade so MEDIC is short for that. MEDIC CAN shorten that up to Medican...........:doorag:

Roaddog2
12-15-2009, 02:56 PM
My 2001 Screaming Eagle Road Glide was dubbed bye H-D as Roaddog in 2000 First year of Limited Production I purchased one second year hence Roaddog2

Gimpy Girl
12-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Really fun thread Bumblebee!

I had a motorcycle accident this summer and had to use crutches for 4 months to get around. I'd tell everyone to go ahead of me cause it took me a while to gimp my way to where ever we'd be heading. Even though I'm walking on my own now, I still kinda gimp- and the name just stuck! ;)

jgwoods
12-15-2009, 03:42 PM
My name is Dave Wood, the nickname Woodsy got applied early on and I couldn't shake it. More people know me by Woodsy than my actual name. I specialize in 60s era Ford performance cars with a passion for 428CJ engines...hence woodz428

Thats' funny- I'da thought you would be Woody, not Woodsy.
My last name is Woods, I got called tree a lot because I am so tall, but for forums I use jgwoods for Joseph Gordon Woods. I prefer real names or close to.

Oh and I had a 428 Ford long ago- a 66 emerald green convertible - great car!

COOLMACHINE
12-15-2009, 03:48 PM
Try as you might, you'll never guess how I got mine :)

Tom in NM
12-15-2009, 03:54 PM
My name is Tom and I live in and ride New Mexico.

(it was almost Mot ni MN , since I am Dyslexic, but would be too confusing to others.)

Tom

Texmac1011
12-15-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm from Texas, last name is McNulty and B-Day is October 11th. Not too original, but by golly, I never forget it!

max continuous
12-15-2009, 04:09 PM
I fly helicopters for a living and there is a "max continuous" power setting on some models. Some of my employees started calling me Max Continuous since apparently I'm a work-a-holic. (Or maybe a slave driver!)
Max

3wheeldemon
12-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I got the demon part when I was young and rode a red Ducati that I laid three times. I played with the three wheels and that to get to the 3wheeldemon. Now, dislexic guys like Tom in NM think it is "3 wheeled mom" and that p..ses me off! :D

3WD

The_Spyderwoman
12-15-2009, 04:37 PM
I tried to create the handle SPYDERWOMAN because my license plate says that and everyone at the place I do bike business calls me that and where I work that is what they call me. Spyderwoman was already taken--go figure!:roflblack:

So I resorted to Terribull. Everyone called me Terri growing up and my maiden name was Page. Kids used to kid around and say hey Terra Page then it was just expanded to if I married Tom Fick I would be Terrifick, if I married Joe Tory I would be a Territory and so on.... I always liked the one...If I married Sitting Bull I would beTerriBull!!

So there........long drawn out story.....:shocked:

bikeguy
12-15-2009, 05:12 PM
A couple years ago I joined a Ford truck forum and chose Bikeguy for a screen name because I thought I might be able to remember it. Since then I've used it on every forum I've joined for the same reason. I wish I was as creative as some of you are but I'm not. Just want something easy to remember.

Cotton

2Gunns
12-15-2009, 05:26 PM
John G. , that's me (not very original I know)

In High School I got tagged 2Gunns ...after the song by Tommy 2Gunns. Maybe you guys know it: "Jenny I've got your number...867-5309"

it's actually Tommy Tutone...that's how I got tagged!

Roger
12-15-2009, 05:47 PM
i started with ironman because i have had my share of accidents and someone elses but keep on going and the movie was popular at the time then i thought why hide be yourself and so i use my real name. Roger

BumbleBee
12-15-2009, 06:03 PM
This thread turned out great and is a lot of fun to read. :2thumbs:

Very interesting stories indeed. :2thumbs:

Nothing wrong in being yourself :2thumbs:

2spyders
12-15-2009, 06:25 PM
My name is Tom and I live in and ride New Mexico.

(it was almost Mot ni MN , since I am Dyslexic, but would be too confusing to others.)

Tom

:roflblack: I laughed out loud! I have a brother, Tom, who spelled his name "Mot" when he was learning to write, and we still call him Mot! :roflblack:

2spyders
12-15-2009, 06:32 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=164&pictureid=1373

Smylinacha
12-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I have had this nick for YEARS and I can't remember that far back. It was meant to be sarcastic :2thumbs:

vtrider
12-15-2009, 06:47 PM
When I purchased my Spyder, I was one of the first few that had one in Vermont. My dealer is the only dealer that sells spyders in Vermont as far as I know. I don't usually get a chance to take many rides too far from home, so I guess I consider myself a Vermont Spyder Rider ''vtrider"

vtrider
12-15-2009, 06:51 PM
I have had this nick for YEARS and I can't remember that far back. It was meant to be sarcastic :2thumbs:

So where does the "yellinacha" below your handle come from? :D

spyder3rdr
12-15-2009, 06:55 PM
mines simple ... Spyder 3 Ryder though i thought of changing it to my license plate ... Vynomus

Smylinacha
12-15-2009, 08:03 PM
So where does the "yellinacha" below your handle come from? :D

LOL! I was yellin on a thread on here and something was mentioned about Yellinacha and then Lamonster stuck it in there:2thumbs:

opticat
12-15-2009, 08:33 PM
A superhero cat that wears glasses ? ? ? ?

rnet
12-15-2009, 08:33 PM
Well, If I told ya I'd have to shot you:roflblack:

GA-SPYDER
12-15-2009, 08:47 PM
The Spyder is Nancy's, and so am I, hence NancysToy. Maybe I'll have to change back to "Scooter Scotty" as I have been known since the mid-sixties, after I my own Spyder RT-S is delivered.
Hey Scotty,
With all of the bikes you have parked on your garage, you should change your handle to "Collector".:thumbup:

Tripod
12-15-2009, 09:29 PM

No can do...witness protection you know.

Longlegs
12-15-2009, 09:36 PM
My (then 4year old) daughter called me Daddy Longlegs. Then we got a spyder. Oh and at 6 and a half feet tall I have longlegs.

boborgera
12-15-2009, 09:47 PM
My last name is Orgera frist name bob. I spelled bob backward's to;

keep my anonymity.:spyder:

SpyderWolf
12-15-2009, 09:47 PM
My last name is Wolf, and of course WolfSpyder was already taken so I had to switch it around.

Cool thread idea. :clap:

BajaRon
12-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Great thread...

I used to live in San Diego and did as much fishing as I could in Baja. I was always trying to get people to go with me.

People started calling me BajaRon and running it all together ribbing me about being some kind of guru on the subject.

You have to know what you're doing when you fish Baja or you can get yourself in a lot of trouble....Just ask Lamont about it! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:: yikes:

Big Arm
12-15-2009, 10:52 PM
I worked as a construction electrician, and had this name tagged on me about 40 yrs ago, while setting large switch gear into place, during construction of our local powerhouse. I was pushing on one side, while others were suppose to be pushing on the other, but were really watching me move the the gear by myself. (don't think I weighed 130 lbs soaking wet at the time.) Not much more than that now. :roflblack:

Motza
12-15-2009, 10:57 PM
Great thread...

I used to live in San Diego and did as much fishing as I could in Baja. I was always trying to get people to go with me.

People started calling me BajaRon and running it all together ribbing me about being some kind of guru on the subject.

You have to know what you're doing when you fish Baja or you can get yourself in a lot of trouble....Just ask Lamont about it! :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:: yikes:

I LOVE FISHING is the Baja fishing great?
I've been to Costa Rica, Florida Keys, and Canada.

jima1153
12-15-2009, 11:50 PM
Well the Jim A - self explainatory - 1153 was my pin# for initiation into Alpha Gamma Rho Fraternity at Purdue in 1982.

NautiBrit
12-16-2009, 12:52 AM
The Nauti part comes from my love of sailing, the Brit is my birthplace, Britain. A slightly different spelling, given to me by my wife, suits my alter-ego when I play football (soccer) and get overly aggressive, NaughtyBrit.

Toys42
12-16-2009, 01:17 AM
I came up with my handle several years ago while living in Idaho. At the time, my wife and I owned a motorhome and we towed a trailer with two snowmobiles. I lettered the trailer with the name and later added TOYS 42 vanity plates on the motorhome.. No kids, just toys.

obiwanbill
12-16-2009, 01:36 AM
Got my nickname years ago...as I was a counselor at the hospital and a sponsor within my 12 step group (wearing 2 hats), one of my patients started calling me Obiwan as I was his mentor/instructor for him to get into sobriety. I, in turn called him LUKE.

Whereas I also had a grey beard, the name stuck

SethO
12-16-2009, 01:48 AM
sethO, because i agree that people should have their real names up online but I am in the minority, before I got hurt I used my trailerrailer name on all forums but it works better i have found to have your name or part of your name in your tag, makes conversations more personal.

PCBeachBum
12-16-2009, 05:36 AM
When I purchased my Spyder, I was one of the first few that had one in Vermont. My dealer is the only dealer that sells spyders in Vermont as far as I know. I don't usually get a chance to take many rides too far from home, so I guess I consider myself a Vermont Spyder Rider ''vtrider"

vtrider, After reading your post, I gotta ask you this question, since my 82 year old neighbor who lives in Illinois but, winters here at the beach asked me the same question, when I got my Spyder home.

How many people asked? Where did you have it converted at?

I said converted? He said yeah! I've had enough snowmobiles to know one when I see one. How did you come up with this idea? Well!!!:roflblack:

G-Man
12-16-2009, 08:00 AM
While serving in the Army, the majority of the people I encountered and worked with had a problem pronouncing "Gerspach" (go figger). My name was often shortened to "Sergeant G", or just "G-Man". The G-man stuck with me. The handle applies even more now that I am a government employee.

woodz428
12-16-2009, 08:28 AM
Thats' funny- I'da thought you would be Woody, not Woodsy.
Oh and I had a 428 Ford long ago- a 66 emerald green convertible - great car!
Both were used when I was younger, but during the 70s the "woodsy"(s) outnumbered the "woody"(s). I was living in a geodesic dome on a river at the time, and apparently some of the people that came out to check it out thought I was called Woodsy because I lived in the woods;). I found that out when soneone asked me what my real name was. When I said "Dave Wood, why do you think they call me Woodsy", he replied "because you live in the woods", aaaahhh such a simpler time,LOL. or is that simpler mind??
I used to really like hi rpm 4-speed small block Fords( has to be a Ford). Because of availabilty in the used market in 1972, I bought a 428 CJ Mustang with an automatic. My tastes changed instantly. I raced the car for many years and later drove it on the street until 1990 when I sold it to a Mustang restorer/show car guy. He bought it specificly because it was the Ford magazine test car that was circualted to many of the magazines. It's most prominent appearance was in the 1969 Car Life road test( still have the copy). I didn't know when I purchased it but found out sometime in the late 70s when I opened it up and realized it had been balanced and blueprinted. I understood why it was so damned quick out of the box. I still build and maintain several 428 cars of the era including a couple Shelby GT500s and a couple of 428 Mustangs ( '70 Mach I and a '69 GT). Oddly, I own 3 Mustangs currently, a '68 ragtop and 2) '70 Boss 302s....not a single big block....except in the Cobra roadster.

MSGTDOC
12-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I retired a Master Sergeant from the Air Force and was a Navy Corpsman when I was in the Navy. The Marines used to call me DOC. A good friend always calls me MSGTDOC. Hence the handle.:dontknow:

ISCI Billy
12-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I work for ISCI (making floorboards) and my name is Billy. This one was a tough one to come up with.

txknight67
12-16-2009, 06:12 PM
Great idea for a thread. I have always had fun seeing if I can figure out why some peoples screen names are what they are. I find I am right about 90% of the time.:clap:

Mine's pretty simple. I was, am, and always will be a texan at heart. I didn't truly realize that until I joined the Air Force and lived other places. When I returned to TX, I could always tell when I crossed the border, even when flying. Thus, tx.

I enjoy medieval fiction and have always tried to live my life by the "Knights Code". Since My Lady and some close friends tell me I do a pretty good job of it, I settled on that.

And 67 is my birth year.

I am like some of the others, I use this screen name everywhere to avoid confusion.

vtrider
12-16-2009, 06:31 PM
LOL! I was yellin on a thread on here and something was mentioned about Yellinacha and then Lamonster stuck it in there:2thumbs:

Well it does go well together!!!

Although, I think I'd rather be..."smylinacha" than be..."YELLINACHA" :joke:

redspyderlady
12-16-2009, 09:17 PM
You can tell how uncreative I am... I'm a lady with a red spyder :-)

dltang
12-16-2009, 09:39 PM
You can tell how uncreative I am... I'm a lady with a red spyder :-)

I think I am even less creative, how about first initial, second initial and first four letters of last name.

ozzie
12-16-2009, 09:46 PM
ask my mom she gave it to me.

Dukester
12-16-2009, 10:24 PM
My father was a huge Duke Snider fan and when my mother was giving birth to me, back in those days the men went to the bar not in the delivery room. He was listening to the Brooklyn Dodgers game and my Dad said if he hits a homerun at his next at bat and my wife gives birth to a boy, his name will be Duke. I guess you know the rest of the story. I got Dukester from work, because everyone calls me that. Oh yea, John Wayne (The Duke) is the true American.

ddaybc
12-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Very cool thread bumblebee.

I got my nickname 10 years or so from friends of mine. They said I reminded them of dday from animal house. Among my friends I was the only one riding at the time. The name dday has stuck ever since. I live in British Columbia, Canada, thus ddaybc.

So far I don't own a Spyder but am working towards getting an RTS in 2010. :D

Brevet05
12-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Great question, and my handle, like so much else in my life is a combination of events. I go by Verb, which you'd think was unique enough to use, but it seemed like it was always already in use, apparently by someone named Verbosky, so I reversed it (Brev) to see how I liked it. That then reminded me of the old military brevet ranks and, as a cyclist, long distance rides,so I chose Brevet, which was also too common, so I appended the 05 to use the same handle on most sites. Wordy, but true.

aerialdall
12-16-2009, 11:21 PM
My husband recently retired from the Fire Dept. & what better dog to have but a Dalmatian. So our 2nd Dalmatian was named Aerial after the aerial ladder truck. Hence Aerial-Dal. This nickname is better than our 1st Dalmatian's name which was Haz-Mat as he left lots of Hazardous Materials in the back yard. :joke:
And if anyone is paying attention..Yes there is an extra L in the Dal part. That's because when I 1st joined here somehow I got locked out with that name so I had to add an extra L so I could log on again.

jimclarkf1
12-16-2009, 11:23 PM
It was in the 60s, I started to read and watch racing on TV, like the indy 500. and started to follow the career of a Lotus F1 driver, named JIM CLARK. I always looked up to him, how he could drive so good and fast. then he died in April of 68, During a race in Germany, I just never forgot him. He became a HERO to me.

pastorchuck
12-17-2009, 06:58 AM

jwfranklin
12-17-2009, 09:01 AM
It's my name, John Wayne Franklin. I go by Wayne, as my Dad was John Everett, and went by John.

flyjake
12-17-2009, 09:19 AM
When I turned 50 some years ago, I decided to finally do what I had always wanted to do... to fly. Then, at 55, I decide to begin motorcycling. Since then, I have owned and flown two different types of ultralight aircraft, a VTX 1300, and now my Spyder. (I did have to sell off my ultralight two years ago when the field was sold for development... probably saved my life!)

tajohn
12-17-2009, 02:50 PM
tajohn

Tim & Annamarie Johnson reflects the 50/50 partnership of over 40 years.

ntxYguy2009
12-17-2009, 03:43 PM
ntxYguy2009:

ntx - live in North Texas :2thumbs:

Y - I love the "Y" factor :yes:

guy - I was born that way ;)

2009 - year I purchased by :spyder2:

David

spyderenthusiast
12-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Spyderenthusiast, as I don't own a spyder but really like them; hence "enthusiast" as apposed to "owner"
-se

XXX 74
12-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Moderator altered my post.
I was not aware that a picture of a girl wearing a bikini would offend anybody...

I guess this forum is beyond PG.

xpeschon
12-17-2009, 04:28 PM
My users name,,, Well to be honest theres really no reason for it,, I just added the x to my last name... No story to tell... Sorry..
Joe

AntelopeSpyder
12-17-2009, 05:41 PM
Not very original, but I live in Antelope (CA) and plan on being a :spyder2: owner as soon as I can sell my GW-Trike.

ameobe
12-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Spelled incorrectly, (amœba is correct), micro organism. I needed an email address at work (laboratory) & that is what I came up with.

AMTJIM
12-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Aircraft Maintenance Technician~Jim

BajaRon
12-17-2009, 07:36 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=164&pictureid=1373

Your little Spyder has more tire than your big one does!

2spyders
12-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Your little Spyder has more tire than your big one does!

You're right! I never noticed that before. :clap:

I miss them both right now, buried in the back of the garage until the snow is gone... :(

MRFIRE
12-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm a MR. and a Firefighter

hawkiii
12-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I used to work with a gentleman that was around 6 foot 5 and came in at 300 pounds. He was a MASH fan. My last name is Pierce so he started calling me Hawkeye after Hawkeye Pierce on MASH. When I went to get my first email address as a beta tester for Pacific Bell Internet the handle Hawkeye was taken so I changed it up to Hawkiii. I use hawkiii in lower case.

The guy that pegged me with Hawkeye turned out to be like my second father. He was quite a character and just a big ol teddy bear when it came right down to it.

carrotstew
12-17-2009, 10:40 PM
I was a nurse in the ER and we had a crazy guy tied down with 4 point leather restraints. He yelled at me "Why does everyone keep calling you Carrotstew?" I told him my name is Kerisue and he said well it sounds like Carrotstew....and so a nickname was immediately adopted by all my fellow nurses. I have to admit he was right, crazy, but right.:yes:

Pogo
12-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Very many years ago I used to be a member of a wannabe patch club where my nickname was Pretzel.

I lost a leg in a crash (car T-boned me) and spent a year in a rehab centre learning to limp.

While I was there, some mates from the club came to visit. One, clearly shocked when he saw me, started stammering in his greeting and called me Pogo. :shocked:

I liked it so much I kept it.;)

Cheers;

Pogo.

Peterau
12-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Cause its where I come from.

Pogo
12-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Cause its where I come from.

I know where you're coming from, mate. :roflblack:

Cheers;

Pogo.

Desert Spyder
12-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Very many years ago I used to be a member of a wannabe patch club where my nickname was Pretzel.

I lost a leg in a crash (car T-boned me) and spent a year in a rehab centre learning to limp.

While I was there, some mates from the club came to visit. One, clearly shocked when he saw me, started stammering in his greeting and called me Pogo. :shocked:

I liked it so much I kept it.;)

Cheers;

Pogo.

I like your attitude Pogo. You "Enabled Spyder Lovers" out there are a real credit to our community.

And so is Bumblebee for starting this thread! I have and am really enjoying myself reading all these posts. I hope it reaches over 1000 posts! We need to keep this one on top of the page people so it don't get buried and forgotten. To end the year on an non-critical way would be cool with me.:2thumbs:

woodz428
12-18-2009, 08:46 AM
I actually find it an interesting tidbit that there are many Spyder riders with lower extremetie(?) injuries. Being in the bike business since 1969, I didn't see too many riders over the years with that type injury. The only guy I recall was right after leaving the AF in 1973, one of my new made friends rode an electric start Harley trike( probably about '68 or so) and had lost his legs in 'nam. I always admired his ability to hop on that trike and fold up his chair and toss it on the back. My only son, now almost 40, became paraplegic after being tossed from a rolling vehicle he crashed while driving drunk( he still doesn't wear seatbelts). I wish he had the same drive as that guy.

Tom in NM
12-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I have and am really enjoying myself reading all these posts. I hope it reaches over 1000 posts! We need to keep this one on top of the page people so it don't get buried and forgotten.
:agree:

What is also great, is hearing from some of the people who have not posted for quite a while. Glad to see you all are still around! ( and I am glad to be here too )

Tom

Questions
12-18-2009, 07:35 PM
My initials are MTN and I am follically challenged, Hence......

capt.jim
12-18-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm a fishing guide!

Cajunborn
12-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I was born a Cajun born and raised in South Louisiana. Hence Cajunborn

Wheeler~
12-18-2009, 10:41 PM
In 1968 I purchased a 1964 650cc Triumph TR1 Trophy Sport, the bike I learned to ride on. Anyway, it got away from me when learning to ride it. My hand slipped off the clutch and I unexpectedly wheelied. One of my riding buddies said, "Hey, he's a wheeler" and they nicknamed me Wheeler and the name caught on even with school mates.

oneway
12-19-2009, 01:30 AM
old cb handle. Doing my best to follow. He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the father but by me." one way:2thumbs:

klw
12-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Nothing original - my name is Karen Lee Woodson (klw) no problem remembering. My nickname is cookie (I'm a pastry chef)
couldn't use on this forum.

Great thread! I haven't been on in a few weeks and I enjoyed reading this
during our first snow storm.

Sekhet
12-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Sekhet was my call sign in the Air Force.

While going through Air Combat training, one of our training officers (of Egyptian descent) was constantly saying that I attacked my targets and adversaries like the Egyptian Gods of war, Anubus & Sekhet. Another pilot had already been given the call sign Anubus so I was dubbed Sekhet and it stuck.

vt228
12-19-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm a vetren of the navy 69 79 so my plate is VT228 so i'm vt228 name your self what you love and that is your name for know on my friend welcome to the family..Merry x mass to all out there

Desert Spyder
12-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Don't mind me. Just trying to keep this thread on the top of the list so it don't get buried. Cmon peeps. There's over 3000 Spyder Lovers out there. Write in!

retired1
12-20-2009, 08:20 PM
After 50 plus years of working and some health problems I am what my handle infers "RETIRED1" Not too original or imaginative, just a statement of fact! Its fun reading about the origins of "Handles".

Degaman
12-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Have been partying in the Talladega infield both races since the mid 80s. Hence, 'Degaman'.

BumbleBee
12-21-2009, 05:45 AM
:agree:, It is fun reading about the origins of "Handles".

aubierules
12-22-2009, 01:54 PM
aubie is the mascot of my favorite college football team, the Auburn Tigers.....see pic at left....and they rule...so AUBIERULES:ohyea:

aubierules
12-22-2009, 01:56 PM
My initials are MTN and I am follically challenged, Hence......
:roflblack:

aubierules
12-22-2009, 02:07 PM
I'm a boy, and I'm por, so poor I only use one "o".:roflblack::roflblack:
i thought it was because ur mug looks like erik estrada on some serious crack!:roflblack:

Mo Lee
12-23-2009, 05:18 AM
What! no new handle stories to read this morning. Come on folks we want to hear them all.

BumbleBee
12-23-2009, 05:36 AM
Same here, :2thumbs:

Come on spyderlovers. We have over 3500 members here, there has to be more stories!!
Keep them coming, they are all very interesting.

woodz428
12-23-2009, 08:55 AM
aubie is the mascot of my favorite college football team, the Auburn Tigers.....see pic at left....and they rule...so AUBIERULES:ohyea:
My sister and brother-in-law live in Alabama,Opelika. I'm not a sports enthusiast,I like to participate but not watch, so please forgive my ignorance. He's a big "Chrimson Tide" fan, is that the same team?

aubierules
12-23-2009, 09:29 AM
My sister and brother-in-law live in Alabama,Opelika. I'm not a sports enthusiast,I like to participate but not watch, so please forgive my ignorance. He's a big "Chrimson Tide" fan, is that the same team?

um NO :yikes::D
Auburn is just next door to Opelika...he lives in Auburn country..War Eagle

lawdogg357
12-23-2009, 09:44 AM
I'm in law enforcement, hence "law" with the "dogg" and "357" refering to fraternities.

woodz428
12-23-2009, 11:45 AM
"357" refering to fraternities.

Interesting, my Ruger "fraternity" is called the same :D

omac546
12-23-2009, 02:26 PM
When my father joined the newly made Air Force the whole family was encouraged to learn to fly. He would take his family from military assignment to assignment by flying our small personal air force of Cessna Skyhawk’s, Helio Courier’s and Mooney Mustang’s all over the US. Florida to Alaska, Delaware to California. 8 bases in 20 years. Imagine 2 adults and 5 teens flying in formation to your local small town airport. We were often called the OMAC’s. (One Mans’Air Corp.) When he finely retired as a Major and my mother as a Lt. Colonel the whole family was called to the podium and told our flying days may well be over. Shortly after that I joined the Navy and began to fly to where ever my assignment was, from boot camp in the Great Lakes to my final assignment in Hawaii. My wife and 2 sons each have their own planes and we have resurrected the OMAC name. The 546 are the first few tail numbers, hence omac546.:thumbup:

DynamoBT
12-23-2009, 04:28 PM
^
^
^

That's just cool!!!

speedster200
12-23-2009, 04:45 PM
Mine is not hard to figure out. I deal in Spyders. Does that make me a drug dealer? The Spyder is addictive! Got to go the cops are knocking down the door.:yikes:

Lamonster
12-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Mine is not hard to figure out. I deal in Spyders. Does that make me a drug dealer? The Spyder is addictive! Got to go the cops are knocking down the door.:yikes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc

Questions
12-23-2009, 05:14 PM
Just needed a licence plate for a black bike ( Harley V-ROD- sold) so I shortened the Black Jack to BLKJK (max 5 letters in Manitoba).
My FLHTCUSE is registered as ANYRD which stands for Any Road, but my kids translate it as A NYRD.

SpyderWolf
12-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Just needed a licence plate for a black bike ( Harley V-ROD- sold) so I shortened the Black Jack to BLKJK (max 5 letters in Manitoba).
My FLHTCUSE is registered as ANYRD which stands for Any Road, but my kids translate it as A NYRD.

Leave it to the kids. :roflblack:

Desert Spyder
12-26-2009, 08:44 PM
2nd time getting it on top

MarkLawson
12-26-2009, 10:01 PM
My parents gave it to me when I was born. :roflblack:

SpyderWolf
12-27-2009, 10:27 AM
My parents gave it to me when I was born. :roflblack:

Who would've thunk it? :roflblack:

MouthPiece
12-27-2009, 10:39 AM
MOUTH PIECE? I'M A LAWYER. NEED I SAY MORE? :shemademe_smilie:

mvengineer
12-27-2009, 10:59 AM
I am the city ENGINEER of a city called MarysVille, hence the name ;)

grumpybob
12-27-2009, 01:12 PM
I retired a Master Sergeant from the Air Force and was a Navy Corpsman when I was in the Navy. The Marines used to call me DOC. A good friend always calls me MSGTDOC. Hence the handle.:dontknow:

All of us old marines called Corpsman (Doc). Used with great respect, especially after being saved by them a couple of times.

I'm grumpy and I'm Bob thus grumpybob.

truck 85
12-27-2009, 01:32 PM
I am the city ENGINEER of a city called MarysVille, hence the name ;)

I lose i always that it was marine vessel engineer.

Donzo
12-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Pay close attention - this is complicated.......

My name is Don AND THEN I added a zo to it = Donzo!

Any questions?! :D

pauly1
12-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Great thread! I belong to the 'simple' group - surname plus 1 = pauly1

Wayne

jsmiley
12-28-2009, 08:02 PM
Mine is an old IRC handle I used to use when I first got on the net in the early 90's. My first name is Jeremy and I smile a lot. J :)

Desert Spyder
01-02-2010, 09:22 AM
back to the top you

BumbleBee
01-30-2010, 06:44 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif USER NAMES/HANDLES
This ended up to be a fun thread, let's see if anymore SpyderLovers will tune in!!

One day shortly after I bought my yellow/black spyder, we went out ryding, and a boy pointed at me and said "Look that's BumbleBee".

It then stuck with me.

Mo Lee
01-30-2010, 07:41 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/images/icons/icon5.gif USER NAMES/HANDLES

It then stuck with me.

Let's see :dontknow: BumbleBees are not royalty therefore don't wear a crown? Maybe there is more to this story! :bowdown::joke:

BumbleBee
01-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Let's see :dontknow: BumbleBees are not royalty therefore don't wear a crown? Maybe there is more to this story! :bowdown::joke:

As with the Tootsie Roll Pop, "the world may never know".

On your knees Drones! :roflblack:

SpyderWolf
01-30-2010, 10:14 AM
Of course that is why you have the picture of the Queen Bee in your siggy as well. :D

BumbleBee
01-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Of course that is why you have the picture of the Queen Bee in your siggy as well. :D

It's a little joke and game we play, Mo Lee and I, we are good friends :2thumbs:

The QueenBee in my sig, is permanent :D

patdcop
01-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Patdcop = One night in plain cloths, I interuped some dirt bags that were up to no good, when one of them said "Don't you know who that is?". One of them said "He's a cop." I said no I am THE cop. Some how it got morphed to Pat D cop. I have have had the handle since AOL 2.0 :p

MouthPiece
01-30-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm a lawyer. Will ya'll still talk to me?

jeuchler
01-30-2010, 11:57 AM
My father gave me his name.

(I decided to give it to my children as well.)

RoHo
01-30-2010, 12:26 PM
In the 1970's, one of my best friends looked just like the character "Adam Gomez" from the TV show the The Adams Family, so I started calling him Gomez. In retaliation, he started looking for something (NICE) to call me. Since I'm confined to a wheelchair, I sit on a ROHO wheelchair cushion hence the nickname Roho. :dontknow:

RoHo
01-30-2010, 12:29 PM

Sure MouthPiece!! :chat: Some of my good friends are lawyers - don't trust them as far as I could throw them, but still like them. :ohyea:

Donk45
01-30-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm a Donkey and I drive an M45 when I'm not spydering
Donk45

Spyderman55
01-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Although my friends, upon first seeing the Spyder, all exclaimed "Geno, you are the Batman!" Wrong super hero, so I went with Spyderman. And as I was 55 at the time - Spyderman55.

1VENOM
01-30-2010, 04:24 PM
When I lived in Hesperia Ca, I used to collect snakes and milk them for their venom. I had a pet Tarantula, and my humor is a little on the venomous side. :sour:

boborgera
01-30-2010, 04:49 PM

There are two Lawyers in my Hunting club and when ever i catch them wrong on some point they always use the term =
''THAT ISN'T NECSSSARILY SO''
What does that really mean?? :dontknow:

MouthPiece
01-30-2010, 04:53 PM
Sure MouthPiece!! :chat: Some of my good friends are lawyers - don't trust them as far as I could throw them, but still like them. :ohyea:

Neither do I.

MouthPiece
01-30-2010, 04:54 PM
There are two Lawyers in my Hunting club and when ever i catch them wrong on some point they always use the term =

Usually means they don't have a clue.

Lamonster
01-30-2010, 05:29 PM
When I lived in Hesperia Ca, I used to collect snakes and milk them for their venom. I had a pet Tarantula, and my humor is a little on the venomous side. :sour:
Cool, you and I would get along just fine. :clap:

http://www.bigbikeriders.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=82

boborgera
01-30-2010, 06:34 PM

Usually means they don't have a clue.

''Suspicion confirmed'' Thank you.

1VENOM
01-31-2010, 12:14 AM
Lamonster, :agree:.

Bill Soderlin
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
When I joined here I used my name which is Bill Soderlin (long o) but most people know me as Friar Tuck my club name as one of the founders of the M/C club Wheels of Man M/C out of Deerfield Beach Fl. My E-mail is friartuckoffla@aol.com (friartuckoffla@aol.com) Been riding since Aug. 1954:2thumbs:

SpyderMeLucky
04-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Luck seems to follow me. :coffee: My wedding anniversary is on St. Patrick's Day. Sevens abound in my life.

Have been blessed with a wonderful life and includes my awesome hubby for nearly 40 years who entertains my whims like this cool three-wheeled bike.

And when I purchased my :f_spider:, the guy I bought it from sold it for only what he owed plus he had the personalized license tag SPYDR, which he signed over to me. Something that I consider a true blessing.

So SpyderMeLucky it is!!!! :cheers:

bullant12
04-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Last name Del Toro= Of the Bull
Middle name Antonio
Lucky number 12.
:2thumbs:
I usually use Ant012 as well. Trying to get my personalized motorcycle tags on that since it is 6 characters long.:pray:

sandrunr1
04-16-2011, 09:30 PM
I built and raced sandrails, (dunebuggies) for a long time. Glamis, Dumont, Glen helen, and Ontario, CA. I did very well, 100 yards in 3.1 seconds at 107 MPH. Then went to 1/8 mile, not so good. Back to sand, therefore sandrunr1. Wife is moabgirl. She was raised in Moab, Utah. My real name, Phillip Jones, Hers is Lotus but we call her Layne.

Idaspud
04-16-2011, 11:00 PM
All of us that live in Idaho are called spuds I guess we identify with potatos somehow.

Very happy :spyder2:Owner

ThreeFeet
04-17-2011, 12:10 AM
Had the handle of MackeyMouse ( used to sing the song of M-A-C--- K-E--- Y ----mouse. instead of mIckey) But then got the :spyder2: and it just didn't seem to fit. BUT ThreeFeet did. Now might have to change it again to Six Feet as I have 2:spyder2:'s. Thanks Bumble Bee for getting this thread out here. After 2years there should be more on here tho:dontknow:. How bout it spyder lovers!!!????:thumbup:

napper39
04-17-2011, 12:29 AM
my name is knapp and born 1939.in school they all caled me napper.

ThreeFeet
04-17-2011, 12:31 AM
my name is knapp and born 1939.in school they all caled me napper. you sure it wasn't cause you were asleep all the time in school???:roflblack::roflblack:

wtwing15
04-17-2011, 12:55 AM

It then stuck with me.

HI I used to ride a white Goldwing 1500, and I have used wtwing for over ten years. Now I own a silver RT:spyder2: maybe I should change it but to what I don't know yet:dontknow:

Blue Star
04-17-2011, 01:35 AM
For a long time I used the handle of "LI4RRUT" that is my user id at work. LI = lighting (I work for GE) RR = my first and last initial, apparently I am the eighth one that has the initials of RR so the number is in front instead of at the end, and I have no clue as to what the UT stands for. Used this name for many boards I used to be on. Then one time someone that I would talk to often asked if I was gay. I said no, and asked why? When he said because of what my screen name says. For the first time I realized that it could be broken down to read as "LE - FRUIT" :opps:, so I stopped using that one.
Then when I signed up on SpyderLovers I wanted to have a more personal name again. Since my daughter was joining the Army I used Army Dad. In fact I even used "Army Dad of 1" when I got involved with the PGR. In one of the events with the PGR I learned about the Blue/Gold star parents, and with my byke being blue, and being a "Blue Star" parent I changed my screen name to Blue Star.
My real name is Robert Reaback.

KipDM
04-17-2011, 03:19 AM
well, this goes in 2 parts.
my name is Christopher and my older brother is 1 yr, 9 months older than me. when my parents brought me home from the hospital they said "Jay, this is your new brother Christopher" and he replied "kipper!"
they tell me they called me Kipper for only a few weeks before shortening it to "Kip."

a few years ago (can it really have been over 15 already?) someone was setting up an AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) account for me and set KipDaMan as my handle. i asked him why and he said "because Kip is The Man" and it stuck ever since....on boards, chat, various IMs, and sometimes even in RL even though i tried to quash it. since i couldn't really kill it off, at least i coudl make it less self-promoting by shortening to KipDM. (of course it helps if you "forget" your passwords and have to re-register under a new user ID. - "just a tip from your uncle Kip")

Mo Lee
04-17-2011, 05:34 AM
Thanks for bringing this thread back to the top. I had forgotten about it and this is the perfect time with Spyderfest coming up and all the new members we have.

fispyder
04-17-2011, 07:02 AM
The town i live in is Fountain Inn When I found this site I was the only one around here that had a :spyder: So when I started looking for a handle why not fi for the town and spyder hence fispyder

M2Wild
04-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Mine came from my jet skiing days and the need for an alpha numeric password I can remember.:f_spider:

Big Bird
04-17-2011, 07:14 AM
The first time my wife saw a photo of our Spyder, she called it Big Bird and it has stuck. as for my other world handle its glenndolph...
Glenn :shemademe_smilie:

:cus: I wanted to use Aragog...:(

Erags
04-17-2011, 08:25 AM
My story isn't all that much different. After 22 years in the Navy being know as Rags (last name Ragsdale). After retiring from the Navy and working Rags just didn't sound good at work, so I started going by my first name Ed. So when I started on the internet some years ago. Rags was used so I added E to it and became Erags.

DaGrlz
04-17-2011, 08:39 AM
About 9 years ago, we bought property out in the country and built a house in the middle of what used to be a cornfield. All of our county neighbors referred to us as "The Girls that built that new house." Over the years we've just become "The Girls" to our families, friends and neighbors. When we bought our Jeep Wrangler, we got the vanity plate JEPGRLZ for Jeep Girls. For the Spyder vanity plate, we shortened it to DGRLZ for "Da Girlz". (A nod to Chicago fans of Da Bears)

oldbaldguy
04-17-2011, 09:18 AM
mine is obvious, as you will see if i can figure out how to post a picture. also, its one i'm not likely to forget

pitbull
04-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Mines kinda easy too, I helped develop a new atv/utv tire called Pitbull tire, and I race our buggy. It's called the Pitbull buggy...... In looking back wish I would not of used that name here, but owell i think I'm stuck with it now :-)

Bootie
04-17-2011, 10:08 AM
When I was 5 years old the neighbor kid couldn't pronounce my name which is Bruce. He called me Bootie. The name stuck.

TicketBait
04-17-2011, 10:10 AM
For about a dozen years now I have been known on other car forums as TicketBait or TB or Bait or TIKETB8 I still don't know why :dontknow::D
So rather than come up with a new name, I kept the one I had.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/th_3d8ae09a.jpg (http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/3d8ae09a.jpg)

In about 4 more weeks I will have my new spyder plates on :ohyea:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/th_4042a0f5.jpg (http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/4042a0f5.jpg)

Also named my ryde "TICKETBAIT" lest I get confused about which spyder to swing my leg over :D There are allot of black RTS's

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/SpyderCorbin-seat047.jpg

On a side note I remember people on Forums by their usernames, so when you ask me mine I will reply ticketbaithttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/yesnod.gif

Oh and one more thing I love posting pics, so remember to smile around me http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/TicketBait/smileys/SPYDER%20RTS/lol.gif

ticketbait

BikerDoc
04-17-2011, 10:22 AM
For forty years I have been a biker of bikes and a doctor of people. couldn't make up my mind which i wanted to really be hence BikerDoc

NancysToy
04-17-2011, 10:31 AM
.....I'm also considering adding an ORANGE GARGOYLE I found to my Spyder. It may go on the rear fender. I'll be collecting opinions at The Fest. That will bring everything together. http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-46.gif (http://http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-46.gif)

For the Spyder…
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/450/hlds47_450.jpeg
I like it!

Yfactor
04-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Pretty simple, when I decided to buy the RT I read so much about the "Y factor" that when I joined this list it was the first thing that came to mind.
As a youth I was "Franky" from my Mom then in college it became "Cowboy" due to the way I dressed, Western clothing and Cowboy boots. Then while working with Boy Scouts it was either "Mr Z" since they had a hard time with my last name of Zaharek or "Coffee Man" since I was always the first up on camping trips and had coffee going for the leaders and always had a cup in my hands when they got up.

granpa in Cincy
04-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Mines kinda easy too, I helped develop a new atv/utv tire called Pitbull tire, and I race our buggy. It's called the Pitbull buggy...... In looking back wish I would not of used that name here, but owell i think I'm stuck with it now :-)

Call Lamonster. He will fix you up with something appropriate. :roflblack:

retiredsquid
04-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Came by mine simply as a result of being a retired sailor of 24 years. So, I went with retiredsquid since some gun board I was joining some 12 years or so ago already had a retired sailor. Anyway, it has stuck with me across the net.
Regards,
Rich

Oldmanzues
04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Someone else on here talked about the Patriot Guard. I started with the PGR when it was formed here in Ohio. According to the PGR people, I crossed the Alps with Hanibile, Guard at the last supper, fought in the Civil war ( the one between Sparta and Athens), and more. Then they say, I hope I am still riding at (now almost 76). The Zues part, I have no idea, must have thinking of a Greek Salad or something. I am OldsilverHondarider on the PGR site.
I would try to post a photo, but that jpeg crashed several other sites, I had better not.
It is fun reading how some of these came about.

cjackg
04-17-2011, 02:46 PM
First Initial + Middle name + Last Initial = CJACKG
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1172&pictureid=14290

7 Decades
04-17-2011, 03:17 PM
I will turn the big 70 in so 7 Decades.:roflblack::roflblack:.

Machinegunner
04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I build, buy, and sell machine guns, and suppressors. We have lots of fun. Just got back from Knob Creek machine gun shoot. Shot machineguns for three days straight. MG-34 with a short 11" barrel, a Bren gun converted to 7.62x54R, and an M-14 with an 18" barrel. Lots of flash and noise.

flamingobabe
04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
I was in college...taking an intenet class...back in mid 90's...easy A....we had to have an internet name...like in 5 minutes....I collect flamingos...so...'flamingobabe' which most people shorten to 'fb'

Spyder Cat
04-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks to whomever resurrected this thread. :clap: I'm still laughing from Lamont's post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHzdsFiBbFc&feature=player_embedded (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16097&page=5):roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

In March 2010, Vaughn and Cat bought the RT . . . then we found Spyderlovers. A no brainer, we registered as VaughnCat.
We both continued to use that username after we bought the RS in April 2010.

It wasn't until a few months ago when Vaughn got his own laptop, it became apparent that we both enjoy hanging around this site.

Spyder Cat (with a space between the words) was available, and so, here me is! :joke:

Let's keep this going! :2thumbs:

SpyderDavidson
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
I own a 2010 Harley-Davidson UltraClassic Limited. My wife got her license last year and we got her a 2010 Spyder RT Deluxe. Harley Spyder didn't sound too cool :dontknow: so I changed it around to Spyder Davidson.
You know, you should always put the ladies first anyway. :bowdown: :roflblack:
And yes, she does let me ride it once in a while. :doorag:

Shewhoprays
04-17-2011, 05:39 PM
Shewhoprays-A name was tough for me because I'm interested in a number of things and had a hard time zeroing in on just one. One thing I do more than anything else is pray. "Jesus paid it all. All to Him I owe"

Papa
04-17-2011, 05:48 PM
From the boyz in my Avatar

bruiser
04-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Old nickname I picked up in the Air Force. My crew all had nicknames ie; Moose, Johnboy, Digger etc. Mine was a derivitive of my last name and fighting skills. That's the only nickname I could use on a family site anyway :roflblack::roflblack:

Yeochief
04-17-2011, 06:48 PM
I was in the US Navy for 19+ years after an Army tour. Retired as a Chief Yeoman. :sour:When I started messing with the Internet, back in the late 80's I needed a user name. Couldn't think of anything super clever so settled on yeochief, had it for years, can't see any reason to think up another. Still not too cleverer but much older.:roflblack:

ThreeFeet
04-17-2011, 06:53 PM
For years my handle has been gargoyle. I got this from being a creature of the night. I've worked 3rd shift most of my life including High School. It just seems natural to go to bed at 4 or 5 in the morning and I'm not the most social person and sort of a loner. I decided a few months ago I decided to change my handle for this and all things Spyder related to Mr Orange due to my new ORANGE Spyder which matches my ORANGE Focus SVT. Also ORANGE has always been one of my favorite colors and Mr Orange was also my favorite character in Reservoir Dogs. Are you sensing a pattern here. I'm also considering adding an ORANGE GARGOYLE I found to my Spyder. It may go on the rear fender. I'll be collecting opinions at The Fest. That will bring everything together. http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-46.gif (http://http://planetsmilies.net/happy-smiley-46.gif)

For the Spyder…
http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/450/hlds47_450.jpegCUTE!!!Does he fly??:D

Spyderjockey
04-17-2011, 07:29 PM

It then stuck with me.

I originally went by "SpyderJim" until we had pictures taken down in the Smokeys at the 1ST SITS rally with some of our ryding buddies who are all several inches taller than my wife and I. When we were viewing the pics. after we were home I realized how little I looked standing next to all these TALLER guys. At that point I decided "Spyderjockey" would be a more appropriate handle to go by so from then on that was my forum's name.:2thumbs:

If I can locate that pic. on my computer I will post it so all can see what I mean.

Blue Star
04-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Shewhoprays-A name was tough for me because I'm interested in a number of things and had a hard time zeroing in on just one. One thing I do more than anything else is pray. "Jesus paid it all. All to Him I owe"

Just love your name.

Spyderjockey
04-17-2011, 08:19 PM
I originally went by "SpyderJim" until we had pictures taken down in the Smokeys at the 2nd SITS rally with some of our ryding buddies who are all several inches taller than my wife and I. When we were viewing the pics. after we were home I realized how little I looked standing next to all these TALLER guys. At that point I decided "Spyderjockey" would be a more appropriate handle to go by so from then on that was my forum's name.:2thumbs:

If I can locate that pic. on my computer I will post it so all can see what I mean.
Not the pics. I was looking for but will show what I mean.

The first pic. is me on the left and Spyderman 990, Spyder-dude, and Paul M. See what I mean about the difference in stature:dontknow:. The 2nd pic. is Ken T. squatting down a little to oblige my wife so we look more or less the same height. LOL!!

Papa
04-18-2011, 09:59 AM
CUTE!!!Does he fly??:D

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

GypsyBill
04-18-2011, 10:26 AM
I have lived in 7 different states (Texas 4 different times) and did a tour in Germany while in USAF.. I am now 66 y/o so my average stay in anyone place is less than 5 years.. so "Gypsy" (plus my name Bill) was an easy fit.. (plus I rode with the Gypsy MC for about 8 years in the late 80s early 90s). We are now full-time RV'ers to keep the "gypsy" lifestyle going....

tofriendscreek
04-18-2011, 10:49 AM
5 years ago I moved from the place I had lived for 32 years "to" a place I had always wanted to own. It sits on a hill overlooking Friends Creek, thus my handle "tofriendscreek." And yes, there are hills in Central IL. ;). Sort of.

fleegeds
04-18-2011, 10:52 AM
first 6 of my last name, first initial, middle initial,

Just Doo Me
04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
I have always rode Ski-Doo snowmobiles and use the same forum name their[Dootalk].Came by it I guess from Nike's "Just Do It" motto,easy to remember.:spyder:

Oklahoma Spyder
04-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I had the first spyder in oklahoma in early 2008. No dealers in the state had to buy it in texas who only had 2 dealers at that time.

Boriken
04-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Boriken for the Taino indian name of my place of birth, Puerto Rico "The Island of Enchantment".

IMRU3
04-18-2011, 06:10 PM
"IM" a "Spyderholic"..."RU"???

Wheeler~
04-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Ended up in court in the 60's for doing wheelies on main street Darlington, WI. Class mates thought it was funny when the judge called me a wheeler (duh) and fined me $20.00 plus $5 court costs. The name stuck and it's been my handle ever since.

SemperFiSpyder
04-18-2011, 07:56 PM
SemperFiSpyder - Retired from the Marine Corps 3 years ago after 36 years.

NancysToy
04-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Ended up in court in the 60's for doing wheelies on main street Darlington, WI. Class mates thought it was funny when the judge called me a wheeler (duh) and fined me $20.00 plus $5 court costs. The name stuck and it's been my handle ever since.
Huligan! :D

orangespy
04-18-2011, 09:06 PM
My name is actually Orange Spydie Girl, my bike is Orange---Spyder--- and I'm a girl.

VaughnCat
04-18-2011, 09:33 PM
we were VauhnCat since it was Vaughn (me) and Cathy . . . now she is Spyder Cat since we have two Spyders and now, two lap tops . . . . . my antique friends call me Vago (not to be confused with the outlaw bikers 'club' . . . . but a mangling of Vaughn into va-gon, then into vago which is something like vagrant or useless . . . . put on me by a good friends at the Honda/Kawasake/Triumph dealer I worked at in my youth. . . . now after almost 6 years of working at a collection agency, I'm called Vonage . . . by my friends at least . . . the people on the other ends tend to use slang expressions conotating body parts, etc. I'm sorry, what was the question? I've been talking on the phone all day, and I can't get my brain/mouth to shut up/down . . . where did that THC spider go . . . .. . . . .

capt jim
04-18-2011, 09:42 PM
grew up on the water near galveston tx 78 years ago wanted a captains license ever since. at least 12 boats later and a lifetime of work and living all over the usa i formed a partnership with an aire to the lotto in florida and we formed a luxury charter service for vacationers on our 80' hatteras cockpit motor yacht. finally i got my capt. license now upgrated to a 100 ton masters. cruising the bahamas, exzumas, virgins for four years we sold the yacht and retired to deland fl. i can not give up the spyder or the title. love my :spyder2: capt jim

Mr. White
04-18-2011, 10:29 PM
BIG RED 1. NEED I SAY MORE.

:spyder2:

Spydeb
04-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Real name is Deborah... mines easy and simple minded like me:ohyea:

Arthur---Mexico
04-19-2011, 12:28 AM
Bill, I have said the same thing various times and it just doesn't sink in. Talk behind a mask is cheap and not valuable. If one is ashamed of his own comments why should I have confidence in what is written anonymously. Some comments sound intellegent and logical but without the name of who wrote it it's with out value and shouldn't even be printed. Arthur Cohen---Mexico City

mainah
04-19-2011, 01:28 AM
:D Moved to Maine in 2000 and always teased my wife at the time about her heavy New England accent... she told me I could never be a true "MAINAH" taaa daaa!!:clap:

but please feel free to call me Scott when we meet in person!:opps:

OldDog
04-19-2011, 08:30 AM
In 2002 I was a "reentering" rider after a long dry spell. The adage of teaching an old dog new tricks kind of fit, hence the name.

jedd
04-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Boring it is the name of my company.

initials for the family

Jim:sour:

Gordy
04-19-2011, 08:01 PM
my name is gordon i just shortened it to gordy

FANG
04-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Heck thouht I had replied to this thread already but I guess I had Old Timers Disease or something - BRAIN FART!!!

Lets see - I always name all my vehicles and needed a special one for the :spyder2:. I want to have the trunk lid painted or wrapped to resemble a cave with a tarnatula in strike pose coming out of a cave with FANGS exposed and venom dripping. Thus the name FANG.

Bob Denman
04-20-2011, 01:29 PM
:agree::clap:
Welllll..... that, and I have no imagination whatsoever!:shocked:

Mr Safety
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
I own my Own construction safety management and training company. So I'm Mr Safety

ScreaminMeanie
04-20-2011, 02:52 PM
On the first motorcycle forum I belonged to I had the screen name ScreaminMeanie because my bike was a Kawi Mean Streak. Then I started riding Harleys and changed it to MsPotatoPotatoHead. I've had that so long that even though I don't ride Harleys anymore, I just can't change my screen name on the M/C forum!

Since that would make absolutely no sense here, I was going to be MsPPH, but it wouldn't let me take that, so I went back to being ScreaminMeanie.

Observation regarding the use of real names: I've had a stalker (ex-husband). I spent too many years "hiding" from him to want to publicly post my name anywhere! I also have known way too many people who were victims of identity theft. Just trying to make it as difficult as possible for those :cus:.

;)

POPS 57
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
My dad passed on and i kept one of his cars. It's a 57 chev. conv. I wanted to put personal plates on it. The first choice was DADS 57 but that was taken. So i went with POPS 57. The first fourm i ever joined was Chevy Talk and i went with the plate name and now i use it everywere.

SilverSurfer
04-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Silver Surfer, from the Fantastic4 comics, was my favorite comic book hero all through my pre-teen and teen years. I just connect with him. He broods about being the herald of the evil cosmic entity Galactus, which in turn for sparing Surfer's home world, dispatches him to find other worlds for Galactus to consume. Galactus creates a surf-board like craft for Surfer to roam the universe at greater-than-light speed to do his bidding. Surfer is complex, quiet and introspective with a soul for good, but could destroy the earth with a single thought. His honor and integrity define him, and exposed to humanity, he can't bring himself to inflict evil and heroically rebels against the Galactus entity. As punishment for his disobedience, Galactus exiles Surfer to Earth, where he surfs alone, but always shows up in the nick of time to battle Doctor Doom and Mephisto alongside the Fantastic Four. In a 2010 episode Surfer, now 56, replaces his board craft with a Can Am Spyder RT-S because it's sexier than a Hoveround (http://www.hoveround.com/).

And on a lighter note ...

SilverSurfer was my CB Handle back in the 70s. Spyderlovers was a great place to resurrect it. :spyder: