PDA

View Full Version : USER NAMES/HANDLES - What does yours mean? Where did it come from?

Pages : 1 [2]

Slybird
04-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Slybird was my "handle" way back when we used to all get together back in the '90's to have a computer LAN party and fly the Falcon flight simulator.....I used to be real sneaky but still would get my tail-feathers shot off......hence, sly + bird (or as my wife would say "sneaky chicken").

Lifeisadaydream
04-21-2011, 02:04 AM
Wow, this is a bit hard to explain. From spending my school years more interested in what was outside versus the teachers, to the ability to tune out anyone at the drop of a hat. Tough on the people around me, but I'm content. A reading of The Choice by Og Mandino would help the explanation a bit. Might explain why I make my living staring out the windows of a truck daily.:roflblack: Then there is my ink.

haligan101
04-21-2011, 07:31 AM
Im a broke p retired fireman. A haligan or hooligan bar is a forceable entry tool we used

SpyderLady
04-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Well, let me think a minute. I am a Lady and I ride a Spyder.... thus SpyderLady

Riker
04-21-2011, 06:13 PM
My name is for my pet cat that past away after 19 great years. He will always live on...now :doorag: Ride On !!!

Mudpuppy2
04-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Back in my prime I had 3 kids that raced motocross in the mini-class. They keep me busy and muddy keeping them on the track and keeping their bikes running. Thus we called ourself mudpuppys. Later I used mudpuppy as my CB handle. Now since my wife and I share our spyder we use the name mudpuppy2.

ArkTerry
04-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Not creative at all! LOL

I am from Arkansas and my first name is Terry, SO

ArkTerry

spydrluvr
04-21-2011, 11:24 PM
.....because I am! :2thumbs:

febail
04-21-2011, 11:28 PM
I own Frank E's Bail Bonds in Los Angeles, CA
www.febail.com

GeoffCee
04-22-2011, 06:14 AM
Good few years ago I was part of a team. There were, purely by coincidence, two other "Geoff's" on our small team, so to tell us apart somebody noticed we had a different first letter to our surnames, so I became GeoffCee, another was GeoffEmm and the third was GeoffYoo.

I kinda liked my new handle and it stuck with me even when the team was disbanded. Not as exciting an origin to a name as I would have liked but that's just me... :opps:

murphybrown
04-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Murphy is my dog and she is brown!!!!!

Trickie Dick
04-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Aww, & here we thought you were Candice Bergen in disguise.:roflblack:

nanaskids
04-22-2011, 08:01 AM
I also have a yellow and black 09 SE5 with bumble bee decals. But handle is for my g'kids! Also, the name of my embroidery business! Go figure!

GeoffCee
04-22-2011, 08:36 AM

My, those must be the most patriotic mudguards I've ever seen! :clap:

H8CNCR
04-22-2011, 10:10 AM
My wife of 43 yrs passed away, last fall, from Lung Cancer.
My Tennessee tag on the Spyder is H8CNCR.

Art

Papa
04-22-2011, 10:21 AM
My wife of 43 yrs passed away, last fall, from Lung Cancer.
My Tennessee tag on the Spyder is H8CNCR.

Art

Couldn't agree more..

SteveMac
04-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Name is Steve McAnelly. Hence,,,,SteveMac
Not very clever, but one must consider the source......!

RED RIDER
04-23-2011, 09:00 AM
When I had a 08 Spyder I just used Arnie. When I Got my RED RTS I
thought RED RIDER was mo betta.

Fire911
04-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Slightly obvious, I started using it on the message boards during the Commodore 64 heydays.

Today the 911 part has double meaning as I don't want people to forget my 343 brothers who gave their lives during the World Trade Center attacks.

I am off the front lines now, semi retired, but I stayed in the biz as a fire protection engineer.

Mainiac
05-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Mine was easy. I'm from Maine and I miss the winters so must be a

kuroneko81
05-07-2011, 09:46 PM
:joke: uhhh---whats a CB? :opps:

I agree this thread is a good idea:2thumbs:
I like to keep things simple, my last name and the name most know me by is Lee. When I started hanging out on the Valkyrie site someone had that handle so I added the Mo because I'm from Missouri, so again to keep it simple I use Mo Lee on both sites. My CB handle was Missouri Hillbilly back then.

kuroneko81
05-07-2011, 09:54 PM
seeing that im dycslexic Mot ni MN totally made sense to me lol :ohyea:

My name is Tom and I live in and ride New Mexico.

(it was almost Mot ni MN , since I am Dyslexic, but would be too confusing to others.)

Tom

kuroneko81
05-07-2011, 10:04 PM
what a GREAT thread! :popcorn: it's been great reading how everyone comes up with their personalities in words!

for as long as i can remember, i have always been involved in martial arts. my sensei (teacher) always commented that i fought like a panther (sleek, smooth, stealthy, & waiting for the right time to strike)

in japanese:
kuro = black
neko = cat
81 = year i was born

Great question, and my handle, like so much else in my life is a combination of events. I go by Verb, which you'd think was unique enough to use, but it seemed like it was always already in use, apparently by someone named Verbosky, so I reversed it (Brev) to see how I liked it. That then reminded me of the old military brevet ranks and, as a cyclist, long distance rides,so I chose Brevet, which was also too common, so I appended the 05 to use the same handle on most sites. Wordy, but true.

swrafey2000
05-07-2011, 10:53 PM
I bought a 1957 San Juan Puerto Rico police bike and had it shipped to the US.The bike was all original right down to the pogo banana seat and police lights and sirens.When you looked at the hand rail that runs along the back of the seat the previous owner had taken round bar and bent it into the name Rafey.Once my friends stopped laughing the 200lbs of chromed chain,diamond plate,and machine balls in various sizes from 1" to 5" that were welded all over the bike they zeroed in on the name and I got stuck with it.I also forgot to mention the 13 chrome spark plug holders and I won't even go into the paint job.

Blinc
05-07-2011, 11:54 PM
BLINK:
B randywine
L iquidators
Inc orporated

spydershusband
05-08-2011, 05:28 AM
My wife and I are both riders (I'm still riding the old fashioned 2 wheeled kind) and with all of her bikes she has given me the pleasure of maintaining and and keeping them clean! The Spyder is no exception but it's a heck of alot less effort than that old Wing and sidecar.

RydeOnThree
05-08-2011, 08:42 AM
After reading a lot of forums and knowing that we were getting a 2011 RT-S and wanting to be a member of this Forum my wife and I put our heads together and came up with the name RydeOnThree we used a Y instead of I because of the way Spyder is spelled and Three because of the three wheels. :thumbup: Simple enough eh. :dontknow:

Dochands
05-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Would have posted sooner but I had to read all the posts. :clap:

Dochands. I am a chiropractor. :roflblack:

Sopher
05-08-2011, 10:46 AM
My handle comes from our small dog; a Bijon Frise. Her name is Sophie. In the early years when she would get into something she should'nt... I would say oh, sopher... Sophie is 12 years old next month. She still acts like a one year old puppy.

But alas, I may need to change my handle soon. Sophie has lymphoma. We are treating her with prednisone. They said that chemo wont be any guarentee or may not extend any life much more anyway.

My real name is Steven. Wife sometimes calls me Stevo. (at least its not "hey, dumbass!")

NancysToy
05-08-2011, 11:34 AM
My handle comes from our small dog; a Bijon Frise. Her name is Sophie. In the early years when she would get into something she should'nt... I would say oh, sopher... Sophie is 12 years old next month. She still acts like a one year old puppy.

But alas, I may need to change my handle soon. Sophie has lymphoma. We are treating her with prednisone. They said that chemo wont be any guarentee or may not extend any life much more anyway.

My real name is Steven. Wife sometimes calls me Stevo. (at least its not "hey, dumbass!")
That last one is what one of my old girlfriend's mother used to call me. Thanks for the nostalgic giggle. :D

Yardageman
05-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Came up with an idea years ago of putting Yardage markers on sprinkler heads on golf courses. So started a company that took me all over the world and measuring and installing yardage markets on over 2,000 golf courses and was called the Yardageman.

SpyderAnn01
05-08-2011, 05:43 PM
I was originally CanAnn since SpyderAnn was taken. My husband kept calling me SpyderAnn and singing the spyderman song as SpyderAnn, SpyderAnn blah blah. He bought me SpyderAnn emblems to replace the BRP on my Spyder so I decided to change to SpyderAnn01.

redlightron
05-08-2011, 07:33 PM
My name is Ron and I'm a Fire Chief so I came up with redlightron.

Phil
05-09-2011, 12:04 AM
Hummmmmm..... Phil.... becaaaaaaaause..... uuuuuuummmmmmm....

It's really Johnnyshepamonycuebonamonascheski and that wouldn't fit?
Would have used my old DJ name- Woody Savage but that doesn't fit my current, mature, age?
Could have used my old high scool nickname - Pink Fink but I can't remember how I got that, besides the fact that I sunburn REALLY easily?
It's really Elmer Fudd and that was already taken?
I ran out of ideas after I wrote the 'P'?
Phil Burks.... Tyler Texas.

( REALLY wished I'd read this BEFORE Spyderfest)12296

Phantom888
05-09-2011, 06:48 AM
Kinda Simple I have a phantom and my wife and I got married on 8/8/08. (it helps me remember the date) :D

ezduzit
05-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Well ... Easier said then done!!!! Ezduzit!!! :pray:

KipDM
05-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Kinda Simple I have a phantom and my wife and I got married on 8/8/08. (it helps me remember the date) :D

you are a brilliant man! i sometimes forget when we got married (i remember day/month, but tend to forget the year....)

i may have to change my handle now :dontknow:

Baphomet
05-10-2011, 09:36 PM
It is not a statement of any kind. First time I registered on a forum years ago I wanted to use a name that had meaning to me but I kept getting "not available" or a suggestion with a bunch of numbers after it. I thought about this and figured if I picked a rarely uttered name and one that was distasteful to the majority of people it would always be available. I was right, and since then it is the user name I use everywhere.

Pandy
05-10-2011, 11:15 PM
David P. (Pat) Lewis, Sandra K. (Sandi) Lewis = Pandy. Mostly b/c you seldom see one w/o the other.

Patrick

stillriding
05-11-2011, 05:44 AM
After 4+ decades of riding, aging and back problems my RTS keeps fun and excitment in my life.

Wheeler~
05-11-2011, 12:23 PM
It is not a statement of any kind. First time I registered on a forum years ago I wanted to use a name that had meaning to me but I kept getting "not available" or a suggestion with a bunch of numbers after it. I thought about this and figured if I picked a rarely uttered name and one that was distasteful to the majority of people it would always be available. I was right, and since then it is the user name I use everywhere.

???????????

Bitten
05-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Still not sure...

arvoaussie
05-11-2011, 02:50 PM
My mother was australian my father is texas...grew up very confused...irish on both sides...first to marry someone not irish..married a mexican girl...anyway...arvo is strine for afternoon...as a teacher/coach I try to tone down my accent (to the point it is gone) at school because people would go "what did you say? Say it again" so when i get home in the afternoon i can be as aussie as I want...LOL....arvoaussie....afternoon aussie.:trike:

Spydee1
05-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Well this is my 1st Spyder, my name is Dee, therefore Spydee1. No great imagination here:dontknow:.

I think I will get my license plate as Sypdee1 if available.

Love my bike:bowdown:

Bob Denman
05-11-2011, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Sopher;317129]Sophie is 12 years old next month. She still acts like a one year old puppy.

But alas, I may need to change my handle soon. Sophie has lymphoma. We are treating her with prednisone. They said that chemo wont be any guarentee or may not extend any life much more anyway.QUOTE]

My heart goes out to you and your family... There's a Special Place for all beloved pets in Heaven...

SpyderDuck
05-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Gah. My name is really stupid, I know; I mean, everybody and their brother is a 'spyder-something' around here. You can blame it all on my kid sister. :shemademe_smilie: She has called me 'Duck' all her life. Really long, involved explanation starring my warped family for that nickname, but... anyway, I picked something that she would easily recognize when she came to the forum (after 8 months, she finally made her FIRST post yesterday!). She said I took to the bike like a duck to a Spyder... yeah, we're all weird. She's fond of singing 'SpyderDuck' to the Spiderman theme song, too.

You know, you can come up with a lot of interesting lyrics that rhyme with duck... ;)

Bear Wideman
05-13-2011, 11:45 PM
Because that was the name of my last motorcycle (which I just totaled!)
:gaah:But that's GOOD NEWS now, because it's time to go to 3 wheels anyway. :yes:

Wheeler~
05-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Because that was the name of my last motorcycle (which I just totaled!)
:gaah:But that's GOOD NEWS now, because it's time to go to 3 wheels anyway. :yes:

Sorry to hear about the accident and hope you're OK, but glad to hear you're going to 3 wheels. Hopefully a new Spyder.

Spyder Couple
05-13-2011, 11:59 PM
We are getting our first CanAm Spyder and we are a couple.

bjt
05-14-2011, 07:43 AM

:congrats:

SDM
05-14-2011, 10:28 AM
SDM for my name, Sofia D. Means :ani29:

dltang
05-14-2011, 11:59 AM

:congrats: and enjoy! :2thumbs:

SpyderDon
05-14-2011, 01:44 PM
Don't remember what names I tried when I found this site but it was already taken or rejected so I got lazy, I knew I wanted something with spyder or 3 in it so I just added my first name to spyder.

1stfan
05-14-2011, 02:59 PM
A friends daughter became a model with a web site. Convinced to join as 1stfan and have been ever since.:firstplace:

arntufun
05-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Well.......... Arn't You Fun ???? That was the first thing I said to my (future) wife when I first laid my eyes on her while she was dancing at the strip club !!! Only joking, it's because I'm always trying to have fun.

Buckaroo
05-14-2011, 03:03 PM
My favorite movie is "Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension"; hence "Buckaroo". Many of my handles come from that movie.:thumbup:

Marker
05-14-2011, 03:10 PM
This guy in my class in public school called me Marker since my first name is Mark and then he was again in my class at highschool he still called me Marker and then after highschool we had to call 9-1-1 for my mom a few years back and he responded with the fire dept and when hwe saw me he called me Marker again , so I thought for this web site user name Marker is simple and easy to type so Marker it is.:D:D

XLT
05-14-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm XLT two ways. I'm a retired Lt. who is also extra large and tall.

patIreland
05-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Well the name`s Pat and from well, u can guess

JJW SpyderRider
05-14-2011, 04:11 PM
JJW was not availabe so I extened it to JJW SpyderRider.

teron50
05-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Teron is the first two intials of my old dj business added with my first name. My wife's name is pretty self explanatory Tequilagal, lol.

Florida girl
05-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Unfortunately the story of my name is not a very exciting one. Last May just as I was considering possibly becoming a Spyder owner, someone told me of this site. I had tons of questions, mostly for female Spyder owners to get a female perspective of riding. Being a part time Florida resident, I had been very happy to be away from the Jersey cold weather so I was considering myself a very happy Florida girl! :ohyea: Hence the name. Not a creative name but it sure worked. I received so many responses from female riders which gave me the courage to finally make my purchase this past April. :clap: :2excited: Hmmm. I just noticed that I joined here a year and 5 days ago today and now I am loving riding my :spyder2: :yes:

spyderbirds
05-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Spyderbirds - wanted something with spyder, added last name bird in plural as the wife also uses this handle.
CE and Vicky

vt228
05-18-2011, 07:12 PM
:2thumbs: I was in Navy and I did two hundred tweenty eight recoverys bringing pilots back dead or alive so when I went for my plate I asked for 228 and he had a veteran plate VT228 I love it, thats why I use VT228:clap:

:ohyea: VT228 :ohyea:

Wheeler~
05-20-2011, 06:20 PM
:2thumbs: I was in Navy and I did two hundred tweenty eight recoverys bringing pilots back dead or alive so when I went for my plate I asked for 228 and he had a veteran plate VT228 I love it, thats why I use VT228:clap:

:2thumbs: :bowdown:

Yol Bolsun
06-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Read a Louis L'Amour book, "The Walking Drum" many years ago. Up and down the 'Silk Road' (from the Middle East to China) the caravans would greet each other with "Yol bolsun" which roughly translates to 'may there be a road (ahead of you)'. I always planned on using the term on an RV of some sort.

So to all, Yol Bolsun! and please feel free to use it yourselves.

spydrluvr
06-02-2011, 03:03 AM

Thank you!

Tru-Blue
06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
My teenage daughter's favorite color is blue. We were at out local :spyder2: dealer 3 weeks earlier and she said if we ever get a Can-Am it had to be blue. After taking my wife to look at spyders I got the approval to order one. I picked it up the day before mothers day and the kids had no idea that I had ordered one. They were sooo surprised :2thumbs: !!! The first words out of my daughters mouth was "we now have a Tru-Blue Spidey"
Yes she was given the first ride :clap:

BIKEMIKE
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
I just love to ride my motor bike.

Phil
06-16-2011, 10:06 PM
BUMP for all of us left brain people

yankeeDoolte
06-16-2011, 10:57 PM
When in the service we used our initials. "R" Romeo, "B" Baker. At the end of transmissons. Wanting to be out standing diffferent. I took the last letter of my last name and the first letter of my middle name and came up with "YD" YankeeDoolte.

Ya to all our troops and Spyder lovers.:spyder:

mowin
06-17-2011, 06:13 AM
I own a lawncare/landscaping buisness..so mowin fit and it was available...

fencepost
06-17-2011, 06:43 AM
My wife, Barbwire, had an accident and went through a barbwire fence with her Harley. Being as I support my wire and her site name is Barbwire I am Fencepost.

chickenhoose
06-17-2011, 08:40 AM
I was hauling hay as a kid with the starting center for the Houston Oilers when my father, with a North Dakota accent told me to go to the chickenhouse. It stuck because of Carl Mauck's personality. I ha've been chickenhoose since.

Toxziq
06-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm a big video gamer and all my handles/character names are "Toxziq".

It's a very geeky reason why, but "TOX" is my name, phonetically backwards (Scott). the "ZIQ" is something I don't tell anyone, as it let's me know how much of a geek they really are if they figure it out. :D

Tadgh45
06-17-2011, 09:50 AM
Very simple. Being of proud Irish descent, I chose the Irish/Celtic spelling for my real name(Tim). As far as the 45 part, it's my favorite handgun caliber!:ohyea:

Questions
06-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Sensei is what students at the dojo where I train call me.

PeacefulBen
06-19-2011, 12:58 PM
The name of our construction company is "Peaceful Settings". We build outdoor wooden projects like arbors, pergolas, decks, gazebos, piers and docks. (Anything to provide the customer with a "peaceful setting".) Being a quite kind of guy, my friends have nick-named me "Peaceful Ben":clap:

giturgun
06-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Self explanatory My very first and the only love that never faded since I was about 10 years old has been and will always be GUNS:2thumbs: Long range target shooting and expermintal reloading and gunsmithing is my first passion.:ohyea:http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/giturgun/Savage/220-250N011.jpg

Phil
06-19-2011, 02:14 PM
The name of our construction company is "Peaceful Settings". We build outdoor wooden projects like arbors, pergolas, decks, gazebos, piers and docks. (Anything to provide the customer with a "peaceful setting".) Being a quite kind of guy, my friends have nick-named me "Peaceful Ben":clap:

I love it Ben!!
Blessings as you ryde....

Sent from my iPhone7 using Tapatalk

3pod
06-19-2011, 02:31 PM
When I registered I tried "tripod"(taken) than wanted three wheels(taken) so just put 3pod so as not to get a brain ache for choosing a name.

richie
06-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Very simple. Being of proud Irish descent, I chose the Irish/Celtic spelling for my real name(Tim). As far as the 45 part, it's my favorite handgun caliber!:ohyea:

Good to meet you @ Eastcoast cycle on saturday. Btw 45 mine too!:ohyea:

spyderrock
06-20-2011, 06:07 PM
spyderrock is a name I gave myself pretty sad hey, well im an artist, sculptor I work with stone as my medium. I love my spyder and I love working with stone, so spyderstone had a bad ring to it so rock it was:ohyea:.

Tadgh45
06-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Good to meet you @ Eastcoast cycle on saturday. Btw 45 mine too!:ohyea:
It was nice meeting you and Karen at East Coast as well! I picked up my RT-S in Timeless Black on the 16th. Hope to see you on the highways.

Smokinspyder
06-21-2011, 05:31 PM
well i used to always have a cigarette before i rode to kinda of time me letting my R6 warm up, My friends called me Smokin6 and well i doknt own the R6 anymore .. its now a 2009 spyder and as far as the smoking im trying to quit .. guess ill have to change the name to usd2smkinspyder . But Smokinspyder was born from my R6 .

cunicorn
06-21-2011, 11:03 PM
I like it!
i like that picture very nice, would look good on front trunk:agree:

i have always liked unicorns and since that name is was always taken just added first letter of middle name so called cunicorn. not very imagineative but works for me.

Crisis
06-22-2011, 01:52 PM
License Plate. My life is a Crisis. Plus I could not fit Mid Life Crisis.

Mexican
06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Mine is self explainatory
:2thumbs:

Blue Star
06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
License Plate. My life is a Crisis. Plus I could not fit Mid Life Crisis.

My wife wanted me to name Orbit (my spyder) Mid Life, as in mid life crisis. I told her no.

SnoWhite
06-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I asked the Spyder group to help me come up with a new name since i sold my Red RS (Little Red) and bought a new 2011 RT Limited. Being white, it was suggested to me "SnoWhite" and it sounded perfect to me, and I love it. The RT and the name. :clap:

ronrico
06-22-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree with all that this is a neat thread. I needed to change my email account name years ago and I was trying to come up with something different but settled on a rum I use to drink in Puerto Rico.

TheKid
06-23-2011, 08:09 AM
So everyone I work with is easily twice my age so they call me "the kid" and after MV I think I might be the youngest Spyder owner to boot!

SpyderDon
06-23-2011, 08:25 AM
:welcome: newest Spyderlover too

Ga Blue Knight
06-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Well, I'm old and I'm grouchy!

Tripod
06-23-2011, 09:52 PM
I walk with a cane, kinda like three legs...and, I've been riding trikes for years and now the Spyder, I'm always on three wheels. Hence the nickname...

Tripod :joke:

SpyderWolf
06-25-2011, 07:11 AM
So everyone I work with is easily twice my age so they call me "the kid" and after MV I think I might be the youngest Spyder owner to boot!

:welcome: Bike Night at the Sno Cap Drive In in North Augusta is this Tuesday, hope you can make it there as we could use more Spyder representation. :thumbup:

kuroneko81
06-25-2011, 11:19 AM

:roflblack: funny-i thought i was the youngest spyder owner!

TheKid
06-25-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm 25, after two accidents on two wheels it was either give up riding or add an extra wheel :~)

Weave2u
06-25-2011, 01:30 PM
I was sort of given mine... My last name is Weaver, and EVERYONE calls me Weave...LOL... now there are so many Weavers out there, that I generally can't get Weave, so I am Weave2u... awwww... nice story ... ain't it :ohyea:

:f_spider: on!

wolfee
06-25-2011, 01:36 PM
For most of my twenty plus years in military everyone called me wolfee, so it seemed appropriate.

SpydrMtn
06-25-2011, 08:55 PM
I live in the mountains of western NC so.............SpydrMtn

JimAlpha
06-25-2011, 08:58 PM
JimAlpha = Jim from Alpharetta, Georgia

Black OPS 1
06-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Prior military call sign

JimAlpha
06-26-2011, 04:46 PM
well i used to always have a cigarette before i rode to kinda of time me letting my R6 warm up, My friends called me Smokin6 and well i doknt own the R6 anymore .. its now a 2009 spyder and as far as the smoking im trying to quit .. guess ill have to change the name to usd2smkinspyder . But Smokinspyder was born from my R6 .

Try the patch to quit smoking. It worked for me twice. When you are doing the patch you can call yourself "Spyder Patch"

sewnonnie
07-01-2011, 04:51 PM
My grandsons call me Nonnie and my favorite hobby is sewing..thus sewnonnie

johnnyg
07-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Years back when I was a driver for a grocery wearhouse they always had us sign are returning invoices and they couldn't say my last name right so I started writing Johnny.G Kept it ever since. The reason I sign JC at the end of the post was for Myself and my wife Carol. JC

CJ/johnnyg
07-01-2011, 06:33 PM
My nick name at work is CJ and when we only had one :spyder2: I would occasionally post something on Johns thread and sign it CJ. Everyone was asking what the difference of JC or CJ. and I explained John and Carol or Carol and John that way they new who posted it. However I now have my own :spyder:and it was time to get my own thread name. Thats where CJ/johnnyg came in. Thats how everyone new me. John has the big RT :spyder2:and I have the little RS :spyder:. CJ :D

vampyregirl
07-01-2011, 08:20 PM
I used to work midnights..... I'm finally on day shift (a whole 6 months now!!), but I like the name.

I also love vampire movies, books, etc.

Yeah, I'm strange. So what??!!! :shocked:;):doorag:

Specialk209
07-01-2011, 11:18 PM
I needed a username and something to use as an email name...oneday at work(Cracker Barrel) 15 yrs ago a bus boy came up to me with an empty box of SpecialK cereal....thus the name Specialk209....the 209 is my birthday, Feb 9th. And the rest is history....Kay:ohyea:

LennyO
07-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Very simple.... My first name and the first letter of my last name...
That's all, folks....

chris56
07-03-2011, 05:11 AM
warned my 3 kids from the internet ... spyderlovers was my absolut first "sign-in" so I wanted to catch "chris" ....which was impossible - so I took chris56 -means born 1956 .. hope nobody thinks I`m 56 years old ..faaar away from that..
my english-teacher would "turn in his grave" ..reading my comments here..
thats why I try to say most of the things with pictures ..:ohyea:
CHRIS -tian Leopold
(the european ryders call me spyderchris from austria - maybe I change it one time)

Mexican
09-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Just curious,
Mine (Mexican),, even tho i am a US citizen, i was born and raised in Mexico and proud of my roots (to a certain point), wanted to see how difficult it would be to be accepted in a forum like this with a username like mine without people knowing my legal status, i was very happy to see that i was accepted as part of the club from day one, thanks guys and girls:clap:

Phil
09-04-2011, 08:54 PM
You may like to look at this link for loads more........

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?16097-USER-NAMES-HANDLES&p=165824&viewfull=1#post165824

15 pages of thrills and chills

Blue Star
09-05-2011, 03:50 AM
Just curious,
Mine (Mexican),, even tho i am a US citizen, i was born and raised in Mexico and proud of my roots (to a certain point), wanted to see how difficult it would be to be accepted in a forum like this with a username like mine without people knowing my legal status, i was very happy to see that i was accepted as part of the club from day one, thanks guys and girls:clap:

My Spyder is blue, and youngest is in the Army. Thus I am a Blue star Dad on a blue Spyder.

lotsasawdust
09-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Lotsasawdust- I build furniture and dulcimers. Sometimes my projects come out perfect, some times they are just lots-a-sawdust.

stillriding
09-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Just curious,

With some physical impairments and aging, the Spyder enables me to continue riding.

Bob Denman
09-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Mine just shows that I have absolutely no imagination or sense of humor... :shocked:

MouthPiece
09-05-2011, 08:51 AM
MouthPiece = Lawyer (criminal defense)

Chris

dshogman
09-05-2011, 09:25 AM
When the Web and email first started (you know, when Al Gore invented the net) I was a Harley rider so it was logical I be a hogman. First and middle name D & S, so dshogman was born. It's on email, business cards, and 15 years old so can't easily change it. ;)

kinggeek
09-05-2011, 09:28 AM
kinggeek = A term of affection bestowed upon me, a computer professional, by my lovely wife!

Paula(Butch2025)
09-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Name and last initial then the last 4 digits of the spyder vin #.

Tiny1
09-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Have had my moniker since I played football in high school. Many, many fieldgoals ago. Prefer just Tiny but someone already used in on here.

vampyregirl
09-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I worked midnights for 9 years......

And I love vampire movies and such.....

:thumbup:

Dudley
09-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Just my name. Easy to spell, remember or refer to.

retread
09-05-2011, 01:05 PM
I've been around enough that it shows.:shocked:

john

ARtraveler
09-05-2011, 01:13 PM
I am from AK and one of the original spyder ryders up here. I'm told by my dealer Spyder purchaser #2--he was #1.

Mexican
09-05-2011, 02:39 PM
very interestng:clap:

M109Dreamer
09-05-2011, 03:12 PM
I used to dream of all the crap I wanted to do to my 9. The wife came up with it. She says that's all I think about. Her's is Spyderdreamer for the same reasons.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dragracer
09-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Mine is for a previous hobby.

Questions
09-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Sexymoma: My kids gave me that nickname. I've had it for 8 years.:doorag:

AFSpyder
09-05-2011, 06:43 PM
:thumbup:

mosslips
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Just curious,

Mine is stupid... Around 20 years ago or so, hubby and I were still in the newly married stage, we started arguing as newly marrieds can and we started calling eachother dumb, and I mean dumb names, and out came fern face and he called me moss lips and we burst out laughing at the thought of someone with lips of moss and we stopped and grew up a bit and down a bit on that day. Mosslips has stuck with me these 20 years and always makes us laugh. It ended up being my 1st email addy, because everything it seemed was taken and when I punched in that name saying I bet it will be taken too, it wasnt... of course it wasnt... and so, I am mosslips and probably will be for the rest of my life.

See I told you it was stupid and long winded! :roflblack:

TOPDOGJIM
09-12-2011, 05:26 PM
I work at the University of Connecticut, home of the Huskies. My buddy and I used to play in a duo called the TOPDOGS, we had emails topdogjim and topdogjohn etc. The first forum I was in I was topdogjim and everyone since. One day my buddy said, I am going to ask "The Dog" if he wants to ride Sat and everyone called me that ever since. That is where the vanity plate comes in.

hansensmomx2
09-12-2011, 06:44 PM
My Son was in the Air Force. He was killed in Iraq on September 15,2010. When I talked to his friend I used Hansensmom. I also have another son so Hansensmomx2. Also my PGR name.

BLUEKNIGHT911
09-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Regarding the " Blue Knight" part I am an ex-cop and this references the police motorcycle affectionadoes. The "911" needs no explanation!

Peacekeeper6
05-02-2020, 01:27 PM
This ended up to be a fun thread, let's see if anymore SpyderLovers will tune in!!

How did you obtain or come up with your user name?

One day shortly after I bought my yellow/black spyder, we went out ryding, and a boy pointed at me and said "Look that's BumbleBee".

It then stuck with me.

The name reflects the BumbleBee character in the Transformers Movie.

In my "former life", I was a U.S. Army UH-1H flight engineer or "crew chief". I served with the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) out of Ft. Campbell, KY supporting Task Force 3/327th in the Sinai. We were the U.S. contingent serving alongside many nations in the MFO - Multinational Force and Observers (http://mfo.org/en/our-mission), a.k.a. "Sinai Peacekeepers". Our aviation unit provided support and reconnaissance to the infantry units sent there.

"Peacekeeper6" was the call sign of our commanding officer who flew my Huey (a '72 model that served in the 'Nam) many times. He was one of those commanders who got respect without really asking for it; his chest full of awards and medals, coupled with being an aviator and a former member of the Special Forces in Vietnam, got noticed. His leadership style was the right blend of authority and compassion. All of his subordinates enjoyed serving under his command.

And being 40-something and in GREAT shape (at the time), he could outrun A LOT of 18-year old "punks".

Anyway, I've always admired him and never forgot his cool call sign.

So how'd you end up with your username ??

Peacekeeper6
05-02-2020, 01:30 PM
My grandsons call me Nonnie and my favorite hobby is sewing..thus sewnonnie

My sister's nickname is "Nonie".

She got it from our cousin who couldn't pronounce "Lorna" (her real name) when he was just a toddler.

bushrat
05-02-2020, 02:25 PM
Well, since others are still replying to this 11-year-old thread, maybe I'm not too late to join in....
I'm often asked 'why?' I would ever pick such an "ugly" or unattractive name as "bushrat". Turned out, I was not exactly alone in my choice, as I had to become bushrat22 before I could get it for my email.
As to the 'why?'... I was living off the beaten path, in the woods of Haliburton, Ontario cottage country some years back. Had a neighbour a few miles away; both of us living like hermits and somewhat remote from civilization. He suggested we should have appropriate names for Internet/email traffic. Being a bit of a curmudgeon, he called himself "bushbugger". I decided to follow suit as the 'bushrat", hoping that not too many of the forest creatures living around me would take offense. Simple explanation really. My Spyder's name is even more obvious: "red fun" - describing its colour and its character.

ARtraveler
05-02-2020, 02:31 PM
Last time I posted, I was in a different state and had a different screen name.

In Alaska, I was akspyderman.

In Arkansas, I am ARtraveler.

I am guessing you don't need an explanation for either one. :roflblack:

troop
05-02-2020, 02:49 PM
About 25 years, I was assigned to court duty for my county as a state trooper. I needed some criminal complaints signed, and a circuit court judge saw me and said "Hey troop, let me read those papers". That started a strong 20 year friendship both professionally, and personally, as he was also a m/c rider. Sadly, he was killed about 5 years ago on his motorcycle when a car turned left in front of him. The name not only stuck, but it is now all my forums user name.

easysuper
05-02-2020, 07:00 PM
As. A superintendent that for over 20 years with a record for get a project done on schedule and on budget I was known for being fair but not Easy therefore the tongue-in-cheek Handel. Now retired but kept the handle.

Woodaddict
05-02-2020, 08:13 PM
Cool, never seen this posting page. Woodaddict???? I like everything wood, making furniture, remodeling, building things at the house, even now building brand new house, doing ALOT of work on it with a real contractor. In final stages now. Neat to see members reasons. need to spend more time reading on the older dated ones

Wmoater
05-02-2020, 08:55 PM
Good Post. Wmoater. My nickname all through highschool was "moater." My last name is Moats and I loved riding and ripping anything that had a motor on it apart. So as a "motor head" my nickname was created "Moater". Anyone who remembers me from high school still calls me moater till today. Everyone now calls me Billy. "W" stands for William or Will. I "Will Moater" forever! So Wmoater was born. I use it on all my login and emails.

triplethreat
05-02-2020, 09:00 PM
I started using "triplethreat" when I joined a Yamaha FZ09 forum back in 2013. As you may or may not know, the FZ09 motorcycle engine is a triple cylinder with gobs of torque. Anyway, when I decided to join here a few months ago, right before I bought my Spyder, I thought it would be appropriate here also as the 1330 is also a triple cylinder engine. Ta-da....triplethreat.

Bangorbob
05-03-2020, 09:13 AM
I couldn't use some of the nicknames my dad called me cus I'm sure someone would be offended. Anyway mine is from my Dad's real name that was given to him at birth. He was adopted later and his parents changed his name. But I honor my Dad's real name.

tntnj
05-03-2020, 11:53 AM
My nick name is Tony and my wife's name is Theresa and we live in New Jersey . Hence the name tntnj .
By the way , a great old post.

ozarkryder
05-03-2020, 12:57 PM
Nice to see this thread back, but I am kind of curious about the folks who came (and went) between 2011 and yesterday when this thread was resurrected.

I wasn't trying to be cutesy by using a "y" instead of the "i" in ride, as my user name predates the Spyder itself by a few years. I joined a Goldwing forum based in Ireland, and as I live in the Ozarks and I ride motorcycles, I picked Ozarkrider for screen name. Somehow the name and password became inaccessible in the forum confuser, but it was still recognized as a valid name so I couldn't log in. Changed to Ozarkryder, and it was just a quirky spelling until we actually got a Spyder. So to some folks I end up explaining that the term spyder in the motor vehicle world is origanally a small 2 seat sports car (Porche 911 Spyder, Audi R-8 Spyder) and you drive, not dryve them, so I don't ryde, I ride our Spyder.

iridenow
05-03-2020, 01:41 PM
Not really sure it needs an explanation. ;)

pegasus1300
05-03-2020, 05:39 PM
Pegasus1300: Pegasus the flying horse, motorcycles always seemed like a horse that could fly to me. 1300: Yamaha Venture V4 was a 1300cc motor and I rode those from 1986 till my accident in 2011 put me on 3 Wheels.

Peter Aawen
05-03-2020, 06:00 PM
Not really sure it needs an explanation. ;)

I dunno, iri den ow looks pretty obscure to me?!? :dontknow:

:roflblack: Sorry, but I just hadta!! I couldn't resist.... :joke:

Not really sure mine needs an explanation tho?! :thumbup:

MeudtPG
05-03-2020, 06:04 PM
So much CHROME that it shines like a blue star.180997

seaweed
05-04-2020, 12:00 PM
When I was stationed in Berlin back in 1962 there was 3 of us with motorcycles. One had a Beemer (nice machine), another had a Vincent Black Shadow (THAT WAS A BEAST), I had a 500CC BSA. We rode around with some German riders. One of the Germans somehow took my last name of Secord and translated it into seaweed. I liked it, so I put that name on the Shark Fin of the BSA (yes British machines had those on the front fender).

When I joined Spyderlovers I used that as a handle. I still like it!!!!
:yes:

Tec35
05-04-2020, 12:31 PM
My initials are TEC and I use to build PC's for my friends back in the day. They called me TEC as a joke and it stuck. The 35 was my basketball number back in school days and became a family number. My cousin and nephew had the same number for bball and my uncle (my cousins father that played bball)changed his number on his racing car to 35.

VLADI
05-04-2020, 12:42 PM
It's simple for me. My name is Vladislav.

RNBOB
05-04-2020, 01:14 PM
My name is Bob and I am a Registered Nurse.:riding:
No name for my 2016 F3 Limited

Big F
05-05-2020, 08:13 AM
BIG F here.. and yes, I get a lot of "other" versions of the F...
actually, it all started many years ago when I pitched batting practice to my sons little league team. being a former pitcher myself, I probably threw too hard/fast for their ages and they started yelling at me: hey Big F, don't throw so hard.. the F is the first initial of my last name. the BIG F just stuck and here it is 60+ years later and some of those same kids still call me the BIG F.. and I'm not big in size - just 5'10" and 200#..
that's my story and I'm sticking to it... ride safe...

tjsox
05-05-2020, 08:55 AM
My nickname through school years was "sox". My wife and some close friends call me "TJ". So I combined the two.

FastOldGuy
05-05-2020, 09:00 AM
Naturally with my sense of Humor I've been Banned from a Few Forums. One of the Harley Chrome Spark Plug Forums banned me for life because of my User Name... And Hell, I never posted anything. And the User Name Was, "SNOTROCKET". I thought it was Funny! Then I got banned over the word "TRANNY" on another Forum. I have Never Owned Anything With a Tranny or that Had A Tranny In It. So I'll bite my Tongue and Keep Moving Here...

Back in the day (1970-1980) one of my Pals owned a "Foreign" Bike Shop. As soon as something New and Fast hit the floor he'd ask me to come ride it. "Yea, if fell Flat at 143 mph and started missing". (Sometimes it didn't but I'd send them on a Goose Chase just because!)

I'll skip posting the C6's and C7 Corvetts. I drive the 427 Cobra frequently. In 2019 I drove one Corvette 1,000 miles and the Cobra 3,000 miles. I've built 3 of these cars (FFR's). Street Raced the Hell out of the First one and Never Got Out Ran in 7 years. This one is Not as Fast but I have a SuperCharger ready. (There's a 2018 HD SG and a 1957 Panhead behind the Cobra.)

RapidSpyder
05-05-2020, 10:05 AM
I live in Rapid City and ride a Spyder. Too easy...

Steve W.
05-05-2020, 12:29 PM
Complete lack of imagination here. Yeah, it's my name. :dontknow:

Tried just using "Steve", but it was taken. After adding the initial for my last name, I found out that "Stevew" is taken.
I have also seen a post or three from "NotSteve", which makes it even more fun.

Signed up last year, after my sister got a '14 RT-L. Since she uses me for tech support at times, I figured I should read up on them to see what is going on. Then her husband got a '14 RT-L, too. My wife has been riding a classic Suzuki for about 15 years and has said that when she started feeling unsure on two wheels, she could be talked into a Spyder. Fast forward a bit, a few months ago, I saw a '17 RT-S in the For Sale section here that looked 'right'. We visited, inspected, test rode, then made arrangements for purchase. It's home now, awaiting the farkeling sessions. :thumbup:

BlueRibbon
05-05-2020, 12:35 PM
My last name is Pabst, which is always followed by Blue Ribbon:2thumbs:

scarecrow
05-05-2020, 01:24 PM
Picked up the handle over 35years ago. Spent the last 30 or so behind a mic announcing Radio Control and a number of Hooters cup car races. Fun times. Have friends all over the world.

ryu1867
05-05-2020, 03:07 PM
Used to ride a Yamaha GTS1000A that was nicknamed "Ryu" (Dragon) by its previous owner. One fantastic and very unusual bike! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_GTS1000
Brought the bike from the US to Canada a long time back, hence the "1867" date got added.
Sold the Yamaha about two years ago...sad day! But kept the handle.

Ex-Rocket
05-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Well I've been called a lot of names in my lifetime, some good and others not so good. As far as my current name of Ex-Rocket. I had a Triumph Rocket before I had the fixation with Spyders as I have own 3 Spyders in just over 7 years. So I'm an Ex-Rocket owner hence the name Ex-Rocket.

iridenow
05-06-2020, 11:38 AM
I dunno, iri den ow looks pretty obscure to me?!? :dontknow:

:roflblack: Sorry, but I just hadta!! I couldn't resist.... :joke:

Not really sure mine needs an explanation tho?! :thumbup:

You know, before I made my post, I started to break it up like that and come up with a really long explanation. Then I yawned and went to bed. :2thumbs:

Hammer
05-06-2020, 08:39 PM
First half my last name. Which my buddies shortened 35 years ago.

ButterSmooth
02-25-2021, 02:34 PM
There are some obvious and some obscure usernames on the forum. Care to explain yours?

I picked ButterSmooth decades ago and use it on every forum I visit. That first forum was a Smith & Wesson board and my interest at the time was shooting wheel guns in competition. Many hours were put in smoothing and lightning the double action of S&W revolvers, where the goal was to make the action 'Butter Smooth'.

Greven
02-25-2021, 02:44 PM
Greven means The Count in Swedish. I have Oak trees on my lawn with a metal plate with the royal sigil on them, back in 1400-1500 the king decided the Oaks in the area should be protected in order to secure Oak wood for the royal Swedish navy. When I moved here my family saw the sigils and started joking about my noble herritage, and thus the nick name of Greven was born :)

kissfan
02-25-2021, 03:12 PM
No idea. ;)

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-25-2021, 03:41 PM
I was an LEO and joined the Blue Knight's motorcycle club after I became a cop ...... this was in NYC where that group originally was created ... I moved to Vermont in 76 and there was no chapter there and I lost touch ..... So that's where the " BLUEKNIGHT " comes from, the " 911 " is because I will never forget what happened that day ...... many :pray:'s to all who lost their lives that day and to their Families ..... Never Forget ..... Mike

ARtraveler
02-25-2021, 03:44 PM
I live in Arkansas and I like to travel by Spyder.

When I lived in Alaska, I was akspyderman.

SportsterDoc
02-25-2021, 04:01 PM
Two of my 18 motorcycles were Harley-Davidson Sportsters. I participated on Sportster.org from 2003 to 2012 and on the XLForum from 2012 through 2020.

In addition to "doctoring" sportsters, Doc is my nickname

Snoking1127
02-25-2021, 04:12 PM
Mine goes back to snowmobiling days years ago, and the ability to be find good snow for the group to run on. Arrived here to find the someone else had Snoking here, so the 1127 got tagged on the end. The 1127 was the last four of my home office phone number, as I work from home for EDS on BofA's data network when the bank out sourced their network and 1,150 of us to EDS. When someone says they have this really good deal for you in a out sourcing contract, DO NOT believe them!

I think the SnoKing guy fell out of his Western Saddle, as his last post was back in 2017.

kennygee
02-25-2021, 04:36 PM
Mine is simple...Im named after the jazz musician Kenny G so everyone in from middle school to college calls me kenny gee...so it just stuck...hahaha:ohyea:

RayBJ
02-25-2021, 04:45 PM
No imagination - 1st & start of Swedish last name. Easy to remember.

bigbadbrucie
02-25-2021, 05:27 PM
When I was a youngster (pre school age) I was always called brucie. I was never big, nor was I bad, so decided to put then all together, hence bigbadbrucie! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

Partzman23
02-26-2021, 07:37 PM
I retired from Unilever Ice cream after 40 years of service in 2020. The last 15 yrs I was in the Maintenance Dept working in the parts room ordering and receiving parts and non-production supplies for the plant. Hence the name Partzman the 23 comes from my birthday.

Donbmw
02-26-2021, 07:46 PM
Have been riding BMW’s longer than any other brand. Use this username for any place that wants a username.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-27-2021, 01:06 AM
I was born and raised in Idaho and came back after retiring. We have great mountains in much of the state with lots of highways for great cruising. And, of course, I ride a Spyder, hence IdahoMtnSpydeer.

pegasus1300
02-27-2021, 02:42 AM
Growing up I rode horses. I really liked the winged horse design Mobil oil uses. To m3 motorcycles are horses with wings. I rode Yamaha V4s from 1986 to 2011,hence the 1300. No longer able to ride the 2 wheel flying horses, but the 3 wheel flying horses are just as much fun and at least I can still ride.

Plarimer
02-27-2021, 04:52 PM
Well, when I was a kid I was known as Little Pierre. When I was a young “”gang” member I was called Screws, because they thought I was crazy. In the Army it was ...... can’t say it. While on the department it was Captain Cool and as a golf professional I was Mr. Mellow. Now I’m just “hey you”.

RICZ
02-27-2021, 05:18 PM
Call me anything but late for a meal. :2thumbs:

gkamer
02-27-2021, 11:57 PM
I took the first initial of my first name and tacked it onto the front of my last name.And as they say, the rest was history.

Piratezz
02-28-2021, 07:40 AM
My Nickname, comes from an accident i had e few years ago, I work as a windscreenfitter for cars, and was removing a windshield which was smashed by a vandalist, I got a splinter in my eye,and had to wear an eyepatch , which made me look like a Pirate, My son, who was 3yrs old at that time, and due to a missing tooth,don't know the correct word for it, (talked a bit like a drunk person), said you look like a Piratezz, hahaha
and that sticked.

askitee
02-28-2021, 10:11 PM
Its the name of my I.T. Business Ask Itee (Pronounced eye tee)

This cam from my last employer where are the I.T. manager I heard staff say go "ask I.T."

5Wheels
03-01-2021, 08:23 AM
5-Wheels: 2 on the Harley Ultra Limited, 3 on the F-3 Limited

MikeyOsmond
03-09-2021, 01:42 AM
Rock star name generator

Rockdog
06-27-2021, 04:31 PM
I’ve had 7 boxer dogs. Hooka. Ochoa. Yogi bear. Rocky (rock dog). Dixie. Zeke and Zola. All of them favorites. But Rockdog stood out. 4 have passed away. Still have Dixie (12 yrs)Zeke and Zola (6months)..

Plarimer
06-27-2021, 05:23 PM
When I was in the army, it was Top. When I was on the department, it was Captain Cool. When I was a golf professional it was Mr. Mello because Volcano was already taken by Ken Green. Now I just use my first initial and last name.

RICZ
06-27-2021, 05:48 PM
First name, last name initial. Pretty unique, huh? :2thumbs:

Pooch
06-27-2021, 06:00 PM
I am the original Pied Piper of dogdom. They seek me out. Currently I have 4…they are my closest family and best friends… and at this age… NO MORE!!!! LOL!!
🐾🐾🐾🐾

canamjhb
06-27-2021, 07:53 PM
Started off on the CanAm Outlander Forum as canamjhb which includes my initials. Then moved to the CanAm Commander Forum and kept the same name. Now on the Spyder Forum and no reason to learn a new name.....

GoldenGirl
06-27-2021, 07:57 PM
The color of my bike is gold and I’m no spring chick, kinda like the girls on the show The Golden Girls!
This is my very first bike and can’t wait to start our mini tour in New Mexico early October!

06-27-2021, 08:33 PM
190243 was my employee number at fed-ex express

Bangorbob
06-27-2021, 08:41 PM
Mine is the small town in Michigan I grew up in and my first name. (real 1st name is Robert) but I've never used it.

Navvet
06-27-2021, 08:55 PM
My Wife and I are both retired Navy, We use this on a lot of forums we are on.

Wheelman
06-28-2021, 06:31 PM
From the very beginning of my career at the "Cop Shop", I seemed to be a magnet for vehicle pursuits. (My first one was on my very first day on the job.) After a while, and many pursuits, my sergeant showed up at the termination of one pursuit and said, "You're quite the wheelman." Well, my last name is Wheeler so it stuck. That was in the early 70's and been using it ever since

Luvs2Ride
06-29-2021, 07:51 AM
Mine is just like it sounds... I love to ride. We each have white spiders. My husband has an F3L and I'm on an RT (dark version).
Ride safe,
Gina J

ziggy
06-29-2021, 01:12 PM
Ziggy, He was the greatest dog I ever owned. Everyone who ever met him realized how wonderful he was. I honor him by using his name on many things.
I now have Rolex (the watch dog).

Pennyrick
06-29-2021, 08:38 PM
My wife and I both rode Spyder back in 2010 so when we joined we just adopted the name 'DoubleTrouble'... in 2016 Penny contracted cancer and was given just six months to live so she gave up riding and we sold her SpyderRTL. Shortly thereafter, I was having no fun riding alone so I sold mine as well.

In 2019 Penny miraculously recovered from cancer and as a reward we bought her a 2020 RTL. In the meantime, I had a stroke and a triple by pass that has left me too unsteady to ride, except as a passenger. Anthony G. was kind enough to let us merge our posts under our old user name with our most recent name for which we are most grateful.

Chiisai
07-21-2021, 08:25 PM
Chiisai
I met my husband at a doctors office where I was the clinical nurse (dermatology). He was retired Air Force working in Civil Service. He has psoriasis. I got to give him an injection of cortisone every 6 weeks, so I had already seen his bare backside. He asked me out, I said only on one condition, that I bring along my 10 year old son. He agreed. Dating commenced and 6 months later we married in Jamaica. He had spent 9 years in Japan while in the Air Force. A year before he died the cardiologist told him if he did not get a heart transplant he would only live 1 year. He refused the transplant. To keep his mind off of the time closing in on him, I bought him a Lhaso Apso puppy. He name her Chiisai. In Japanese Chiisai means "little one". This puppy became a constant companion for a year. One night I came home from work and my husband was crying. His dog had been hit and killed. 2 days later my husband had a massive heart attack (his 4th) and died in my arm. (this was 30 years ago). Ever since I have used Chiisai as my user name on most stuff (sometimes my husband would call me Chiisai as I am very short and petite).

Baron14y
08-15-2021, 04:22 PM
Model of my twin engine airplane, and the last two numbers and letter of the registration.

SNOOPY
08-16-2021, 05:02 AM
Model of my twin engine airplane, and the last two numbers and letter of the registration.

Snoopy, I shoot down Red Barons…. Hope your plane isn’t red. :roflblack:

teninospyder
08-16-2021, 07:54 AM
town our mail comes thru, and my wife loves (NOT!! :yikes:) real spyders. I even put a big plastic spyder behind her on the luggage rack, to keep her company on our rides !:yes: :roflblack::roflblack:

vito1943
08-17-2021, 11:44 AM
A late great dog, Vito. He was an amazing Standard Poodle that we sadly had to put down at age 14.

KnurledNut
08-17-2021, 11:58 AM
My name relates to all things mechanical and my passion for wrenching.

K5CAG
08-21-2021, 02:42 PM
K5CAG
Amateur radio call sign
Email address was my original call sign.

Northofthesix
08-22-2021, 08:54 AM
My user name is one I use on a lot of sites.... used to live an hour north of Toronto (which is known as "the 6ix" or "the Six" due to its' 416 area code).

My Spyder is named "the Goblin" because the Asphalt Grey colour to me looks more like a sick green in some lights, and the bug eyes of the fog lights (2018 RTL) reminded me of the orcs from Lord of the Rings....

Peacekeeper6
05-19-2023, 07:09 PM
Any new members care to chime in ??

RangerRick
05-20-2023, 10:03 AM
Worked for Oregon Parks and Recreation Division (OPRD) from 1993 to 2018 as a Park Ranger, hence the Handle RangerRick

Isopedella
05-20-2023, 10:20 AM
Isopedella - A Huntsman Spider.

ARtraveler
05-20-2023, 11:11 AM
No changes since I last posted on page 17. Still the ARtraveler. Live in AR and love to travel. :yes:

From 2010 - 2019 I lived in AK and was AKspyderman.

Lot's of new members who have not posted here. We will be looking for your input. :firstplace:

RiderDuke
05-21-2023, 08:16 AM
My Grandfather and my Father both nicknames were Duke (last name Duquette, pronounced Duke-ette)... Growing up I was my Father's sidekick so I was given the "Little Duke" nickname.... Most of my old friends and Family still call me Duke... Ever since I've been on Forums I have elected to use the "Rider Duke" I use that name even on Non-MC Forums...

In the 80's I had a boss tell me i should drop the "Duke" nickname... My First name is David and I worked in Restaurant Management. That was the time when David Duke who was a Grand Wizard of the KKK was running for president... He thought that it wasn't a good Idea to be called Duke...LOL

OldAge
05-21-2023, 09:55 AM
Well, I am old and my initials are AGE.

SLICE
05-22-2023, 08:54 AM
I worked at the Gillette company and first day on the job, well Y'all guessed it and the name stuck.