PDA

View Full Version : LED Head lights

gerald37
07-12-2018, 05:40 PM
I had one of my head lights go out. I replaced them with LED’s and they work fine except when I go to bright lights only the right side is bright. Is this normal? I would think both lights should be the same. Could it be a bad LED light?

quasi
07-12-2018, 05:42 PM
wiring on the LED might be interfering with the shutter operation.

UtahPete
07-12-2018, 05:45 PM
wiring on the LED might be interfering with the shutter operation.
:agree: Lots of threads over the years on exactly this issue.

UtahPete
07-12-2018, 05:47 PM
High and low beam are obtained by means of a shutter. The light itself only has one setting - high.

UtahPete
07-12-2018, 05:58 PM
I had one of my head lights go out. I replaced them with LED’s and they work fine except when I go to bright lights only the right side is bright. Is this normal? I would think both lights should be the same. Could it be a bad LED light?
Which LEDs did you buy?
Who installed them?

gerald37
07-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Which LEDs did you buy?
Who installed them?

I purchased them from Value Accessories and installed them myself. I will check to see if the wiring is interfering with the shutter.I hear the shutter on the one side that has the bright light but I do not hear the shutter on the other side.

UtahPete
07-12-2018, 06:24 PM
I purchased them from Value Accessories and installed them myself. I will check to see if the wiring is interfering with the shutter.I hear the shutter on the one side that has the bright light but I do not hear the shutter on the other side.
I'm pretty sure the shutter mechanism is blocked by the wiring and hardware you had to stuff into the headlight housing. Don't feel badly about it; the only reason I know is because it happened to me the first time I did it.

gerald37
07-12-2018, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty sure the shutter mechanism is blocked by the wiring and hardware you had to stuff into the headlight housing. Don't feel badly about it; the only reason I know is because it happened to me the first time I did it.

This is exactly what I did. I could not get all the wiring and hardware in the box on the left side. I got it working okay now. I did have to notch two small places to leave the plug outside the box. I used some silicone to seal it. Thanks to everyone that came on it sure helped me fine the problem.

To me it did not seem like the new LED bulbs locked in as tight as the regular bulbs. I am sure they are okay they seem tight.