Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what exhaust?

Spyder Garage

Default In SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by spyder1975 View Post
    just got of the phone with a guy at vance and hines they are developing a pipe rt now . first thing he asked was where i live i told him maine he was disapointed said he is trying to find somone in southern california to let him dyno a spyder with this pipe on it...dont know if any of you guys are interested he said the pipe resembles the fz1 pipe for the hyabusa...
    So give the guy at Vance and Hines number... I'm in SoCal
    Frank - (800) 721-2245

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mdr View Post
    I live about 15 minutes from the V and H factory in So. Cal and would be willing to bring my Spyder by so they could test their pipe. Let me know who you spoke with and his # and I'll give him a call.
    Just wanted to follow-up: I left two voicemails at the factory and sent an e-mail. I never received a response.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

V and H just sent me an e-mail. More soon . . .

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

waiting for my HMF!!!! Carbon fiber

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default V&H exhaust

I have a 2010 RT and will be reading threads every day for an announcement that V&H has a slip on for me

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

V and H just sent me an e-mail. More soon . . .
    Any further updates yet?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Any further updates yet?
    Yup--I've been in touch via e-mail with the folks at V and H and we are setting a date (hopefully in the next 2 weeks) for me to drop off the Spyder. They will dyno and street-test their new prototype. As soon as I have a drop-off date, I'll post. I'll also post any pics/info about the pipe as long as they give me the green light to do so.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Yup--I've been in touch via e-mail with the folks at V and H and we are setting a date (hopefully in the next 2 weeks) for me to drop off the Spyder. They will dyno and street-test their new prototype. As soon as I have a drop-off date, I'll post. I'll also post any pics/info about the pipe as long as they give me the green light to do so.
    That is great news and I will definitely be looking forward to seeing, and hearing, the finished product.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I too wanted the sound my Harley gave me. I have tried both the Two Brothers and the Leo Vince. In my opion the Leo Vince gave me the best sound.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That is great news and I will definitely be looking forward to seeing, and hearing, the finished product.
    I'm dropping my Spyder off at V and H the first week of June. They will have my bike for about two weeks. Stay tuned.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm dropping my Spyder off at V and H the first week of June. They will have my bike for about two weeks. Stay tuned.
    I will definitely be staying tuned to this channel to find out the results. You are one lucky Spyder owner.

Spyder Garage

Default RS exhaust

hi everyone! first time ive posted ,been reading on this site forever its a wealth of info!!! but i have a question..i bought a 2010 spider rs last year after selling my harley. i love the spider but i really miss that low rumble my v&h pipes gave me so was wondering if somone could give me a direction on a pipe that would give me somthing close to that. im looking at the two brothers dual racing exhaust. is this a good pipe? and will it give me that sound and hopfully a bump in performance? already got a juice box on its way. thanks in advance any input you have will be helpful!!!
    Check out this link: http://youtu.be/tRL5FuTY6y4

This is the RS prototype i'm working on, let me know what you think

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default V and H

I dropped off my Spyder today at Vance and Hines. Cool place with lots of bikes out front. They will have my Spyder for about two weeks, and hope to have a production model ready to go in August. Guess who gets the first one

More details as they become available.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I dropped off my Spyder today at Vance and Hines. Cool place with lots of bikes out front. They will have my Spyder for about two weeks, and hope to have a production model ready to go in August. Guess who gets the first one

More details as they become available.
    Thanks for the update. That is one of the best parts of being a test pilot, sometimes you get free stuff for letting them mess with your machine.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The Spyder waiting to go in for testing at V and H.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

hi everyone! first time ive posted ,been reading on this site forever its a wealth of info!!! but i have a question..i bought a 2010 spider rs last year after selling my harley. i love the spider but i really miss that low rumble my v&h pipes gave me so was wondering if somone could give me a direction on a pipe that would give me somthing close to that. im looking at the two brothers dual racing exhaust. is this a good pipe? and will it give me that sound and hopfully a bump in performance? already got a juice box on its way. thanks in advance any input you have will be helpful!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2 brothers exhaust

Morning i own a 2008 spyder phathom and have a 2 brothers twin racing exhaust all carbon fiber and let me tell you the sound and looks of the Spyder turns heads being a v twin the rumble is very simular to the Harleys i also own a 2008 gsxr 750 with a youshi exhaust system and no comparsion thums up

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just wanted to give a quick V and H update. I was supposed to pick up the Spyder tomorrow, but they needed to order a different power commander, which is fine because with my work/travel schedule the next few weeks I wouldn't have any time to ryde. So I told them to keep the spyder and keep testing. Should have some news and hopefully a pic by mid-July.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just wanted to give a quick V and H update. I was supposed to pick up the Spyder tomorrow, but they needed to order a different power commander, which is fine because with my work/travel schedule the next few weeks I wouldn't have any time to ryde. So I told them to keep the spyder and keep testing. Should have some news and hopefully a pic by mid-July.
    Thanks for the update. Was there an issue with the original PC they had, or is there an updated version they are planning to use with their exhaust instead? This is making me glad I waited on getting a JB Pro or anything, as if V&H are going to have a map to go along with the exhaust and the PC it could be a really good thing.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update. Was there an issue with the original PC they had, or is there an updated version they are planning to use with their exhaust instead? This is making me glad I waited on getting a JB Pro or anything, as if V&H are going to have a map to go along with the exhaust and the PC it could be a really good thing.
    Not sure--they explained in an e-mail that the pc they had wasn't working correctly, and they have a new one coming in to work with.

Spyder Garage

Just found this thread! Oh man, I so miss the breathy, throaty, Barry White rumble on my Springer's V&H Shortshots!

Thank you mdr for pioneering the way!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder why they don't use their own fuel-pak.
    if they decided to produce muffler for spyder, wouldn't they offer fuel-pak too?
    Also, if they make throttle-pak for RT, that would be great.
    Last edited by aka1004; 06-26-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default What exhaust

I have TB dual carbon fiber.. They are awesome loud growl... No db silencer I wear ear plugs!!! I'm a member of a LE MC and the two riders love the sound of my spyder!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    I wonder why they don't use their own fuel-pak.
    if they decided to produce muffler for spyder, wouldn't they offer fuel-pak too?
    Also, if they make throttle-pak for RT, that would be great.
    Perhaps they are going to partner with PC for the fuel pack? I know when I ran a V&H on my GSX-R 750 the only decent option at the time was Dynajet Kits. Things have changed a ton since 1986, but sometimes it is still easier to partner with someone that to create something from scratch.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Me too HMF is good price

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteve View Post
    HMF My self