Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

The main thing for my wife is the comfort items. We have an RTS (our 2nd one) there is not much you need to add in the comfort dept for the passenger. The floorboards are there and are adjustable, the backrest is already there. My wife felt she would be more comfortable with armrest and we liked the corbins so that is what I put on. That is about it. There are many many add-ons you can get but not that many "must haves" for an RT as far as comfort goes.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Default Trunk Mirror

We didn't like the ones we have seen for sale, so I had a buddy in the glass business cut me one about 5 1/2" x 2 1/4". Then I glued it onto a wedge shaped piece of styrofoam and then onto the area just above the top of the trunk opening. It took a couple trys to get the wedge angle right, but she's happy, and that's all that counts!

Mike in KY

Quote Originally Posted by LEEB View Post
    Is there a particular mirror setup you have purchased? My wife would like something like that.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post

Speaking strictly about the RT line, I'd say armrests, good front shocks, airhawk cushion, good rear shock, mirror in the trunk for her to "primp" her hair when she takes her helmet off.

Chris
    So the shocks that come on these things are junk? (I'm a possible future owner and just trying to learn about them.)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mike5511 View Post
    So the shocks that come on these things are junk? (I'm a possible future owner and just trying to learn about them.)
    I'm ondering about that too. It seems that many RT owners change the shocks and get the BajaRon swaybar. Is riding it that much of a problem without those things? Are there RT ryders that are happy with the stock front suspension?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    I'm ondering about that too. It seems that many RT owners change the shocks and get the BajaRon swaybar. Is riding it that much of a problem without those things? Are there RT ryders that are happy with the stock front suspension?
    Personally I don't think there is a "problem" with the stock front end. I have a 2014 RTS stock. I had a 2012 but added BajaRon's bar. Did I need it? No, but I could take the curves faster, after the bar install, though I was already taking them above posted. I probably will add the Ronbar, but not because I feel I have to.

I think it is very much a personal preference of your driving style. If you are an aggressive rider, then these mods might be for you but I would guess the majority don't change shocks, IMO.
    Dan

2014 RT-S SE6, 2012 RT-622 trailer

Spyder Garage

Default 2-UP

I would say a second Bike , She took mine in for the oil change and bought her own last July and now has over 9,000 miles on it .

Bend to Home 003.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NovaSpyder View Post
    Personally I don't think there is a "problem" with the stock front end. I have a 2014 RTS stock. I had a 2012 but added BajaRon's bar. Did I need it? No, but I could take the curves faster, after the bar install, though I was already taking them above posted. I probably will add the Ronbar, but not because I feel I have to.

I think it is very much a personal preference of your driving style. If you are an aggressive rider, then these mods might be for you but I would guess the majority don't change shocks, IMO.
    Thanks Dan. That's kinda what I figured. I appreciate the feedback.

Jim

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NovaSpyder View Post

With Dan.
    Last year we put on 16,000 miles with the stock setup and it worked just fine. Now I added the Ron Bar in the hopes that it will allow me to corner faster. I tend to be an aggressive rider and love going through curves fast. I will find out come spring
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm surprised that no one mentioned a mudflap. They really help when you can't avoid that puddle. Stops the rooster tail up the back end and onto her jacket and helmet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    With Dan.
    Last year we put on 16,000 miles with the stock setup and it worked just fine. Now I added the Ron Bar in the hopes that it will allow me to corner faster. I tend to be an aggressive rider and love going through curves fast. I will find out come spring

I'm with these folks (for the most part anyway)....We ryde 2 up ALOT and found the Ron Bar to be an instant success!!! We both felt the difference just turning out of the driveway.
    Other than that, I'd say Arm Rests are the next "must have" for your co-pilot if you're out for any length of time...I've rode back there and hated not having a place to put 'em....

Spyder Garage

Default Things for comfort

We have an RT with Baker Air Wings, a power outlet for her phone, a drink holder, and a mirror in the trunk. We have Sena headsets but - this sounds a bit strange - she likes to leave them off and listen to her music. She likes to ride on the back and enjoy the sites and sometimes falls asleep.

Spyder Garage

Default In two words "Baha Ron"

The major difference in riding two up is the second person above the center of gravity making the motorcycle lean when going through turns. Upgrade the sway bar to the Baha Ron sway bar. This will make both of you more comfortable. IMHO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well now I know. The sway bar makes good sense and unlike those fancy floorboards (Seal), are reasonably priced.