Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2009 RS SE5 Need Help

Hello All,

I have a 2009 SE5 that's at the dealer for some add on parts mainly lights. I had fender lights, JL Audio, rear lights, LED front bar, and front turn signal lights. I had added HIDs head/fog lights, repair front fender lights, stebel horn, LED front runner lights. Spyder is now freaking out, it will not run. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to hopefully work this out. I had asked for them to add an extra fuse box (it did not happen). Any ideas that I can bestow on them to get this working. Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    Hello All,

I have a 2009 SE5 that's at the dealer for some add on parts mainly lights. I had fender lights, JL Audio, rear lights, LED front bar, and front turn signal lights. I had added HIDs head/fog lights, repair front fender lights, stebel horn, LED front runner lights. Spyder is now freaking out, it will not run. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to hopefully work this out. I had asked for them to add an extra fuse box (it did not happen). Any ideas that I can bestow on them to get this working. Thanks
    Sounds like the is not happy with something that was done electrically. There is supposed to be a wiring harness used with all pre-2012 models if you used the Xenon BRP HID lights.
    An additional $104.99 on top of the $924.99 for the light set.

Let us know what you find out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default lots of gear

that is alot of gear added on without using a fusebox seperate from the bike's electrical system. i would install one for sure, and put all of your add ons on it, or as many as you can.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

If the HID ballasts are not BRP, or from one of this sites venders, they can really screw up the Spyders Cambus, which screws up the ECM. This will also happen if the ballasts are not installed and isolated properly. There are other things that can make things wonky, like led lights without the proper load resistors, and loose electrical connections.
    As for an aux power set up, Eastern Beaver has a good one in the PC-8, which will give you 2 unswitched and 6 switched circuits, plus a harness that has a relay for supplying the power.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default There you go...!!

Well somewhere in all the connections for the add on's something has gone amiss. LED's not properly installed will cause nightmares. Very touchy systems get the extra fuse box for sure....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black