Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RT Ltd Heated Suit Hookup??

On my 2011 RT-S I had the wiring for my heated suit hooked directly to the battery under the seat...as you know the battery on Mr. Cognec is in the frunk...any neat (easy) way to hook up the wiring as we ride 365 here and it does get a little cool sometimes. Thanks.

Additionally, I had a CB and a XM radio on Big Red 1, but am told the new entertainment harness for the 2014 won't accept both now....no reason for BRP to change it that I can tell....any ideas as I am told I must choose between the CB or XM. I don't want to Jerry rig it. I will do without the XM if I must as I use my CB with my riding group and visiting with truckers on long hauls...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My friend has 13 RT Limited and just up under the windshield on the let hand side there is a set of terminals that I used to connect his heated clothing to. His battery is also in the Frunk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by edmarino View Post
    My friend has 13 RT Limited and just up under the windshield on the let hand side there is a set of terminals that I used to connect his heated clothing to. His battery is also in the Frunk
    Thanks, I will look at it...Odd to me a Canadian company does not make them standard and easy to get to...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I know it's not the easiest, but i wired mine direct to battery, coming in from the back of the battery tray (which is outside/exposed). In hindsight, I should have simply connected to alternator, it's closer and I wouldn't have had to mess with removing the battery to make the connections.

I use the wireless heat troller, so the jacket connection just comes out the gas tank door (corbin seat has a fill door).

When I have to go into battery again, I'm going to pull it and relocate to alternator.

Corbin heated seat is connected to rear accessory plug, but the seat gets too hot, so I'm likely going to get another wireless heat troller and rig up for the seat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Eric, you sub guys know stuff like that but after 29 in the USAF, I will probably just continue wearing my battery operated jacket I got from Gerbling...it is great actually...rechargable battery and lasts 7 hours on HI...much too warm and I just use the LO and MED settings. Thanks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cb and Xm will work on 14, the only thing need is for xm order kit for the 14 about 30$ for it cb fits same place and wiring to/ just xm chaned their hook up kit, but can order it so you can use them