Thread: Kudos to Rivco

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Kudos to Rivco

I was having the same problem others have had with the floorboard, so I gave them a call on Thursday. I don't recall who I spoke with, but she said that they would ship a replacement right out, and I should get it around Wednesday. Well, the mail came yesterday, and guess what??? My floorboard was here!!! They sent it out next day priority!!

Class act if there ever was one!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, for reporting some good news to us!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Question

I missed the discussion on the floorboard problem. What is it?
    Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chief One View Post
    I missed the discussion on the floorboard problem. What is it?
    Thanks!
    When they designed the Can Am RT floorboards, they took it from their design for Harleys. One thing they forgot to figure on was the fact that Can Am riders need to step on the floorboard to mount the bike, where Harley riders can just sling their leg over from the ground. This introduced some excess twisting of the foot, and excess stress on the rubber where vibration isolation is. So, some people have seen their rubber mat get torn away from the board.

They are in the process of a re-design for the Spyders (RT at least), and should have the new boards ready around springtime.

Spyder Garage

Cool Floorboards

Quote Originally Posted by shelbydave View Post
    When they designed the Can Am RT floorboards, they took it from their design for Harleys. One thing they forgot to figure on was the fact that Can Am riders need to step on the floorboard to mount the bike, where Harley riders can just sling their leg over from the ground. This introduced some excess twisting of the foot, and excess stress on the rubber where vibration isolation is. So, some people have seen their rubber mat get torn away from the board.

They are in the process of a re-design for the Spyders (RT at least), and should have the new boards ready around springtime.
    Will this be a recall or service bulletin, or just a replacement as a person has issue. Thus far I have had no problem with the boards on my 2014 RT-S.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cyclekid58 View Post
    Will this be a recall or service bulletin, or just a replacement as a person has issue. Thus far I have had no problem with the boards on my 2014 RT-S.
    The issue is with the RIVCO aftermarket floorboards for the 2012 and earlier Spyder RTs. Haven't heard of any issues with the 13 & 14 RT floorboards.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyRyd View Post
    The issue is with the RIVCO aftermarket floorboards for the 2012 and earlier Spyder RTs. Haven't heard of any issues with the 13 & 14 RT floorboards.

Yes... This isn't to be confused with the factory BRP floorboards that come on the '13s and '14s. This is JUST for the aftermarket ones that Rivco makes and sells.