Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    To build an F3 version of my RS-S, it will cost around $22,000. It might have been worth it, if the machine had a decent motor in it. There is no way in I am going to spend 22k on an ugly machine with an RT motor in it. What a joke. I WILL NOT BUY THIS JUNK !! I guess if I want real performance I am going to have look elsewhere. It makes me sick to think that the company that has produced the 670 HO, the 1000 SDI, and the 800 R (just to name a few), can't or won't do any better. Thank you BRP for blowing it again this year, and if I ever need a couch with wheels I guess I will come back around.

Just sayin'...........
    Check out Lamonsters post today. It sounds pretty favorable.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...st-ride-Part-1

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default really ?

how can you condemn the f3 without even seeing or riding one. that makes no sense. it does make for a good thread though. atta-boy
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    how can you condemn the f3 without even seeing or riding one. that makes no sense. it does make for a good thread though. atta-boy
    He can condemn it for the same reason I can. It's not a performance Spyder. The riding style is wrong for that purpose. It's an obvious cruiser and that's fine... But BRP needs to look at the younger/performance market as an opportunity. I had money sitting here for a new 2015 RS-S that BRP is now not going to get.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think all 2015 Spyders suck because there aren't any blue ones.

Spyder Garage

Default really?

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    He can condemn it for the same reason I can. It's not a performance Spyder. The riding style is wrong for that purpose. It's an obvious cruiser and that's fine... But BRP needs to look at the younger/performance market as an opportunity. I had money sitting here for a new 2015 RS-S that BRP is now not going to get.
    i guess you have not read any of lamont's comments on how it runs or handles. it sounds very high performance, in every sense. there isn't a younger performance market. young peeps can't afford a 25 thousand dollar toy.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coz View Post
    i guess you have not read any of lamont's comments on how it runs or handles. it sounds very high performance, in every sense. there isn't a younger performance market. young peeps can't afford a 25 thousand dollar toy.
    No offense to Lamont at all... But he's not unbiased. It's also not a performance trike. Again, look at the riding position. It's a cruiser and that's fine. And by young I don't mean 23 year olds. But I'm late 30s and can absolutely afford one and have zero interest in a RT/Goldwing or a F3/Harley. What I find interesting is that I think most GS/RS owners aren't even asking for a big remodel. This engine is capable of more power and does so in other applications. Throw a little our way and we'll upgrade.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No offense to Lamont at all... But he's not unbiased. It's also not a performance trike. Again, look at the riding position. It's a cruiser and that's fine. And by young I don't mean 23 year olds. But I'm late 30s and can absolutely afford one and have zero interest in a RT/Goldwing or a F3/Harley. What I find interesting is that I think most GS/RS owners aren't even asking for a big remodel. This engine is capable of more power and does so in other applications. Throw a little our way and we'll upgrade.
    i'm 62 years young and i'm still waiting for the rss upgrade!

spydee owner

Default f3

By all reports on here the ace 1330 is a very capable engine. I am going to test ride a '14 RT Ltd., this week.
    The 990 engine is also more than capable for most sensible riders.
    If you are not happy with your spyder sell it and buy something that will have enough power to get you or someone else in a world of hurt. A lot of the 2 stroke engines you mention are some of the reason that- in the wrong hands- snowmobile trails are unsafe for many trail users.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why don't you just drill out the cylinders to oversize them into maybe a 1660or so... Methinks that could be better than getting all wrapped around the axle over it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Could be better, or worse too.

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    I think all 2015 Spyders suck because there aren't any blue ones.
    I actually like the new blue 2015 ST-S, but just not too keen on the bright Orange sections.

http://www.brp.ca/spyder/spyder/spyd...yder-st-s.html

In fact I think it's a beautiful looking bike. If I could only hide the third color...

But I do like them much more than the awesome new F3's too. ;-)
    Don't need that bright seat color either, only straight black here. Just like my RS-S.

Give them some credit, for at least trying to please a much greater spectrum of SpYder Ryder.

Chas

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Why I am responding to your thread?

Speaking about choice by age and an RS SpYder was what got my attention. I love my RS-S and had never even considered a cruiser style like the RT. Of course they're much higher price played a huge part of this much lesser RS-S decision too.
    But I Would consider an awesome new ST-S, especially if it had the new 1330cc inline 3. But I would be just as happy with one that has the awesome 998cc in it, too. No problem at all.

I have come from a Kawasaki Ninja 600R, riding position, to this, and find it now, a much more relaxed riding position than that last past cramped style. Better fit for me here too, with Not being hunched over, nearly as much as that last awesome, don't get me wrong, Japanese offering had been. Hard on my shoulders and neck if was. I wore a much heavier full face helmet then as well. I do have long arms for my height too.

Admittedly, I have never had the opportunity to ryde an RT, or an ST. In fact I haven't even simply sat upon one of them. And so I'm unsure that I would feel comfortable ryding on either of them.

But you know, I would appreciate a ryde on one of these new F3's just to feel it "under my thumb!" ;-)

Chas

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I thought it was dubbed as a "hot rod cruiser" not a "crotch rocket"?? Better wait and try one before you give up because that 1330 motor pulls hard and seems to have a ton of power, arm stretching power!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you haven't ridden it yet; your'e completely unqualified to comment about it's performance capabilies...

Ride it; come back and complain about it, and then, we'll listen to you...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

First, the riding position is adjustable, check out UFIT. Second, you don't need an engine to rev to 10K to get performance, but you do have to pay attention to gearing.
    I'm not sure I like the style of the FS 3, and am reserving all other judgements on it till I can get my hands on one.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    I actually like the new blue 2015 ST-S, but just not too keen on the bright Orange sections.

http://www.brp.ca/spyder/spyder/spyd...yder-st-s.html

In fact I think it's a beautiful looking bike. If I could only hide the third color...

But I do like them much more than the awesome new F3's too. ;-)
    Don't need that bright seat color either, only straight black here. Just like my RS-S.

Give them some credit, for at least trying to please a much greater spectrum of SpYder Ryder.

Chas
    You're right...the blue is beautiful. The orange trim is AWFUL.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Color Schemes... I do hope that their experts know what they're doing.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm holding my opinion until I test drive one. Can't comment with no facts to basis it on

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Check out Lamonsters post today. It sounds pretty favorable.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...st-ride-Part-1

Nice post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydee owner View Post
    By all reports on here the ace 1330 is a very capable engine. I am going to test ride a '14 RT Ltd., this week.
    The 990 engine is also more than capable for most sensible riders.
    If you are not happy with your spyder sell it and buy something that will have enough power to get you or someone else in a world of hurt. A lot of the 2 stroke engines you mention are some of the reason that- in the wrong hands- snowmobile trails are unsafe for many trail users.
    Your right. "In the wrong hands" even a teaspoon of cinnamon fan cause a fatality. Idiots whom blast down a trail at triple digit speeds are not thinking of the other riders. At the same time, flying off of a snowmobile at 30 mph can be fatal too. People who have no experience and ride down a trail at 25 mph, with white knuckles, are just as much of a hazard if not more. There is a time and a place for speed. You are also correct that I mentioned two stroke engines, as those are what I have had experience with. If you need four stroke proof, look into the Aprillia with 1125 in it. Rotax makes strong motors just for those of us whom are less than sensible. But don't worry, they will only go as fast as you make them go.

Don't worry all, I will only post positive things from here on out. I guess if I can't say anything nice......... I do have an RS-S that has seen more than 23,000 miles in less than 2 years of ride time, and it is the most fun you can have on the road. It just makes me want more.

Just sayin'............
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default More Disappointment

Otter. The first guy who brings an F3 to spyderquest next year will have to enjoy the ride from the Back of the Pack!
    Last edited by Spyder ri; 09-30-2014 at 07:04 PM. Reason: type o