Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VERY

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Best bet for the RSS is really to buy a holdover '13 or '14. Only difference is color choices and the discounts should be good.

I'll take an F3 for a demo ride but I'm not sold on it. The side profile is nice, the front and rear are kind of weird. I doubt the 1330 is going to offer up any more performance over the twin in the RS/ST. Not sure the riding position is for me and really...........it's just too damned expensive.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The F3, at least on paper, should be quicker than the RS. The weights are very close and the triple does have a bit more power.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lamont, did they loosen up the nanny at all for 15'? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Before you get all disappointed take a F3 for a ride, it puts the fun back into riding a Spyder at a level it's never been.
    i plan on taking a ride as soon as I can find an F3 demo :-)
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Lamont, did they loosen up the nanny at all for 15'? Thanks.
    You can hardly tell it's there and they changed up the gearing so it's quicker off the line. I know Joan has a nice 2011 RSS going up for sale if you want one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I watched with interest, to see what was coming down the pike . . . but I have lots of miles to put on my 2013 RT before I'll be buying a new Spyder . . . I hope!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

You can hardly tell it's there and they changed up the gearing so it's quicker off the line. I know Joan has a nice 2011 RSS going up for sale if you want one.

At first I thought the F3 was goofy looking, but from angles more like you'd see it from standing next to it, it's definitely growing on me. Unfortunately, the feet-forward seating is still a deal-breaker for me. Had one cruiser, won't go back.

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Look at that smile on Joan's face; she's one lucky lady!
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Before you get all disappointed take a F3 for a ride, it puts the fun back into riding a Spyder at a level it's never been.
    Although haven't rode one yet (hope to) by the looks of the machine, I am pretty sure you are right about the fun factor Lamont!
    Last edited by Netminder; 09-24-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

But it's a totally different riding posture. That's the problem. It's a cruiser bike. Why won't BRP give us a good performance setup? I don't get it.

Spyder Garage

If I were to buy a for looks, and wanted the most powerful engine, the F3 would be on my list.

I would add the "muscle" package. They are also offering a "touring" package as well as the "urban nights" package. IMO, these packages really spiff up the looks.

Does anyone know what these cost in addition to the ? The BRP site is playing "wonky" like last year and wont give up the information--to me--anyway.

I like the mean looks and it is growing on me the more I look at it. Not going to buy one, because I only have 8500 miles on my 2014 RT which has pretty much remained unchanged for 2015.

I am thinking that there are going to be quite a few F3's on the road because they will appeal to a lot of the non-traditional owners.

I see more positives than negatives here with the F3. This statement has not been solicited or paid for by BRP.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    But it's a totally different riding posture. That's the problem. It's a cruiser bike. Why won't BRP give us a good performance setup? I don't get it.

B-I-N-G-O

Spyder Garage

On a cruiser, with your legs out in front of you, you can't lean forward into the wind. So you must constantly pull yourself forward against the wind blast. And without having your legs under you, all your weight is on your tailbone. I have nothing against cruisers for in-town, short-haul riding. But get over 45 MPH for very long, or spend more than 50-60 minutes in the saddle, and it gets really old. The trouble is what feels right in the dealership at zero MPH is wrong while actually riding, and vice versa.

suzuki800ergonomics.jpg

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    On a cruiser, with your legs out in front of you, you can't lean forward into the wind. So you must constantly pull yourself forward against the wind blast. And without having your legs under you, all your weight is on your tailbone. I have nothing against cruisers for in-town, short-haul riding. But get over 45 MPH for very long, or spend more than 50-60 minutes in the saddle, and it gets really old. The trouble is what feels right in the dealership at zero MPH is wrong while actually riding, and vice versa.

suzuki800ergonomics.jpg

B-I-N-G-O

If the foot and bar adjustment in the F3 was/is enough to account for both positions then I'd be more excited but from what I can see at the BRP website that's not the the case. You can adjust to be more or less "cruiser" but can't adjust enough to get to a "sport" position. From what I can tell at the BRP site this is because of the foot peg adjustment not the handle bar adjustment. Maybe I should fire up the CAD system and 3D printer and print some foot pegs that will allow this? Not sure how that effects the brake pedal though? I'd have to see the real thing or get some info from BRP engineering to know.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tanshanomi View Post
    The BRP guys at Spyderfest this year told me they didn't foresee putting the triple in the RS or ST anytime soon, so I had no expectations of that.

Spyder Garage

I'm not being negative against the F3. I think the F3 is a GREAT cruiser setup. Really do. Has the looks and the setup to deliver. No doubt. But there are owners, like me, that want a performance Spyder and we feel like we're getting left out. Maybe BRP has done their homework and the market isn't there, I don't know. But I'd have been THRILLED with a 2015 RS-S with some tuning and options to make a bit more power. I don't want or care about the 1330. Just a nicely tuned existing engine would have been great along with continually tuning VSS to let us push it more.

Maybe there is an F3 coming that's setup a bit diff for us...I don't know. But if BRP wants to move to younger markets they need a simple performance setup and the RS-S is aging and was never high performance.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    I'm not being negative against the F3. I think the F3 is a GREAT cruiser setup. Really do. Has the looks and the setup to deliver. No doubt. But there are owners, like me, that want a performance Spyder and we feel like we're getting left out. Maybe BRP has done their homework and the market isn't there, I don't know. But I'd have been THRILLED with a 2015 RS-S with some tuning and options to make a bit more power. I don't want or care about the 1330. Just a nicely tuned existing engine would have been great along with continually tuning VSS to let us push it more.

Maybe there is an F3 coming that's setup a bit diff for us...I don't know. But if BRP wants to move to younger markets they need a simple performance setup and the RS-S is aging and was never high performance.
    I am in 100% agreement here. I'll keep my 12' until something truely better comes along or I'm in a position to finish my conversion.
    best of luck to all those 15' buyers this year!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    I am in 100% agreement here. I'll keep my 12' until something truely better comes along or I'm in a position to finish my conversion.
    best of luck to all those 15' buyers this year!!
    Same for me. I will keep my 2010 RT.