Spyder Garage

Default Kentucky Lake/Lake Barkley Ryde

Sorry to hear that the official ryde has been cancelled. I was looking forward to it.

With that being said, and I don't want to take anything way from the organizers of this event , I already scheduled a long weekend off and have my room booked. Think I'll (we) will still head down as planned that weekend and enjoy the area. Perhaps there will be others that might consider the same.

A ryde of any kind is always a good time and if a group can come together, that is even better .....

Spyder Garage

Cancelled?

Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kentucky Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Schlic View Post
    Sorry to hear that the official ryde has been cancelled. I was looking forward to it.

With that being said, and I don't want to take anything way from the organizers of this event , I already scheduled a long weekend off and have my room booked. Think I'll (we) will still head down as planned that weekend and enjoy the area. Perhaps there will be others that might consider the same.

A ryde of any kind is always a good time and if a group can come together, that is even better .....
    Kentucky has been on my bucket list for a while, yes I am interested to do this trip,
    will be traveling from Connecicut, lets plan this and meet with other Spyder riders.

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I are still going...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default i forget when it was planned

but just up the road in paducah there is a bbq festival... http://www.bbqontheriver.org/

and there is always this.. http://www.hotaugustbluesfestival.com/

something always going om here

Spyder Garage

Default Kentucky Lake/Lake Barkley Ryde - Back On

This ride for the first weekend in October is back on!

Check the thread started by "Connie 9003" Sunday morning at 7:30 in "Spyder Rides & Events" titled "The Kentucky Lake / Kuttawa Ride Still On.". The original organizer no longer owns a Spyder, so he decided to just cancel it. Connie Hawthorn from Murray, KY is going to take it over and work up a schedule ASAP.

Mike in KY

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jScotD View Post
    but just up the road in paducah there is a bbq festival... http://www.bbqontheriver.org/

and there is always this.. http://www.hotaugustbluesfestival.com/

something always going om here
    Neither one of those are the weekend of the ride though...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by metman View Post
    This ride for the first weekend in October is back on!

Check the thread started by "Connie 9003" Sunday morning at 7:30 in "Spyder Rides & Events" titled "The Kentucky Lake / Kuttawa Ride Still On.". The original organizer no longer owns a Spyder, so he decided to just cancel it. Connie Hawthorn from Murray, KY is going to take it over and work up a schedule ASAP.

Mike in KY
    Its not the I don't own a Spyder any more.. I didn't have a Spyder last year... I just not gonna be able to do it this year.. Personal things are happening that's gonna prohibit me from doin git this year... Again Sorry if I offend anyone but I was trying to give advance notice and ample time to cancel room reservations.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyguy View Post
    Its not the I don't own a Spyder any more.. I didn't have a Spyder last year... I just not gonna be able to do it this year.. Personal things are happening that's gonna prohibit me from doin git this year... Again Sorry if I offend anyone but I was trying to give advance notice and ample time to cancel room reservations.....

Michael. Looks like the only people you offended where those that do not know you.... Rhonda, Dick and Judy. So sorry you had to respond to comments. Hang in there Bud and keep those number falling.

I hope out of courtesy and respect for the last three years of your efforts both on and off Spyders that they rename their planned event with a different name. Kuttawa/Kentucky Lake belongs to the four of you and your efforts in previous years.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwoman View Post
    Michael. Looks like the only people you offended where those that do not know you.... Rhonda, Dick and Judy. So sorry you had to respond to comments. Hang in there Bud and keep those number falling.

I hope out of courtesy and respect for the last three years of your efforts both on and off Spyders that they rename their planned event with a different name. Kuttawa/Kentucky Lake belongs to the four of you and your efforts in previous years.
    Thank you so much.. One of the one's that is complaining about it has never attended and wasn't even on the list this year... Go figure.........

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kentuckyguy View Post
    I certainly wasn't offended by the cancellation...I know what kind of curves life can throw at you...My wife and I both got off and were going regardless...For whatever reason it was cancelled,I hope everything is ok...We had never been on this ride,but always heard it was well organized and a lot of good camaraderie ...You should feel good that it was successful enough and it has grown because of what you put into it.COUNT MY WIFE AND I IN!!!!!
    Last edited by cyclelover63; 08-04-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Kentucky lake kuttawa ride. I SAY WE STILL DO IT !

Ok I guess I missed something. I'm not sure who complained or who said what BUT. I am not into drama. I want to continue the ride because of the wonderful time I had the great people I met and the numbers it was attracting. We have a beautiful area here and hardly any spyders !!! We need to be seen and have a good time doing it. I can not thank Michael and his co-organizers enough for the wonderful work they did and I hope I can measure up. I was sad when it was cancelled. That is a compliment to the organizers.

I am going to do the best I can whether I have 2 join us or 200. That being said if you still want to attend please message me or email me @ connie9003@gmail.com. Any input is appreciated, tell me what you did and didn't like about previous rides, any sites you have heard of you might want to see and maybe how many miles you might want it to be. I have been a road captain before but its been a while since I planned a ride and I can ride FOREVER lol that being said some of you may not want to go that far so give me a good estimate.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
    2014 RT , Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Awesome time, go for it

I was sorry to read of the proposed cancelation, but suggest you all, that have already made plans and have accommodation reservations, to continue the plan and just go.

it will be fun for you to meet the others as was planned, and have a great time.

Send back pics...

Chas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default thank you Connie for helping make an occasion

stop in some day and say hello when you are in paducah.. my shop is next door at Shandies.. olde cc choen

Spyder Garage

Default Let me know if you plan on coming :)

If any of you are still planning on coming to the Kuttawa/Lake Barkley ride please let me know. I have started a new thread for the ride.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Ride-Still-On

I am trying to look into a few ideas and numbers would be a big help. Thank you all.
    2014 RT , Yellow