Just wondering if anyone has used this.
    http://www.maxxis.com/catalog/tire-67-102-victra-ma-z4s

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

Default HMMMMMM

HMMMMMMMMMM............

NICE LOOK'n TIRE....
    IF I CAN'T GET ANOTHER KUMHO, I MAY JUST LOOK DEEPER INTO THIS ONE....
    THX
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK, so what o don't understand is this. Everyone complains about the mileage they get on their tires but when they replace them they do so with cheap auto tires that they know will no last. My question is why not go ahead and bite the bullet and put a decent tire in the correct size on and quit bitching.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcoulter19 View Post
    OK, so what o don't understand is this. Everyone complains about the mileage they get on their tires but when they replace them they do so with cheap auto tires that they know will no last. My question is why not go ahead and bite the bullet and put a decent tire in the correct size on and quit bitching.
    First off Kumho is not a cheap auto tire that won't last. Just because the price is low means nothing I ran them on 2 Corvettes and were much better than Goodyears in every aspect.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed today. How does asking a question turn into bitching?

Spyder Garage

Default CLUE

HAVE YOU A CLUE OF WHAT YOU SPEAK OF......???????????
    I'M ON MY 2nd KUMHO, AND GOT 30,000 MILES OUT OF THE LAST ONE.... AND I ONLY GOT 7500 MILES FROM THE KENDA....
    insert brain before speaking...
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The problem with this is this size is a performance tire and a good more expensive tire doesn't mean it's a better longer lasting tire most of the time it's a tire the holds the road better but gets hot and sticky and the tread will go away quick.

A lot of the cheaper tire MAY not hold the road quite as well but may last a little longer. If you ride hard the it is impossible not to wear the rear tire out pretty quick. Most I think are just looking for little longer life.

I like the tread on the maxxis tire and I know people have had decent luck with the kumho tire. Personally I don't think I'd buy Kenda tire when I replace my rear tire which will be soon

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry the way that came across. It just seems that every time there is a thread about tires that it turns into, I can't get any mileage out of tires on this thing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to know..!!

its been mentioned here before but good to know its still out there for those shopping for car tires.. I do exceedingly well with kenda it seems so I will stick with them...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry the way that came across. It just seems that every time there is a thread about tires that it turns into, I can't get any mileage out of tires on this thing.
    I can't fault the tire or the machine , my right hand is at fault I have very even wear all the way across the tire and no more wear in the center then the sides. If your easy at take off and try not to spin the tire I'm sure it would last.

Spyder Garage

Default Front tire alternative

Here is another exact fit choice for front. I will probably stay with the Kenda's in the front but thought some would like another choice.
    http://www.nankangusa.com/tires/perf.../nankang-ns-ii

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Those look like nice tires, thanks for the info it's good to have choices. I have Kendas on front and a 215/60/15 Michelin Primacy on back.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Its mostly because good top tier tires are generally not available in the required sizes. I have been earnestly looking for that combo. Kumho and Maxxis are not in my top tier list, but I will admit they are likely much better than Kenda.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Heres someone who has tried the tire

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...S-Victra-Tires

Batmobile: how about a report on it?
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Balancing performance, longevity and price when buying tires will most certainly cause headaches...
    with billrob71...
    I'm not going to push a tire anywhere near it's limits; I'm looking for tire-life first, and price is the second consideration.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default KUMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    First off Kumho is not a cheap auto tire that won't last. Just because the price is low means nothing I ran them on 2 Corvettes and were much better than Goodyears in every aspect.
    ............The " KUMHO " is actually a first rate tire and can head to head with the big name brands .....Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by taxmyzer View Post
    Here is another exact fit choice for front. I will probably stay with the Kenda's in the front but thought some would like another choice.
    http://www.nankangusa.com/tires/perf.../nankang-ns-ii

FWIW, both of these tires are sourced from Red China, like the Kendas.

IIRC, Maxxis is a sub-brand of Cheng Shin, which now calls itself CST. In the motorcycle world CST tires are poorly thought of and are considered bottom end, like Kenda. Maxxis is their premium brand and do have some dirt bike tires that are well liked, and obviously produce other types of tires. I have used Maxxis dirt bike and dual sport tires with positive results, but I don't have any first hand experience with the rest of their line-up.

Nanking??

Spyder Garage

Yes, I have used this tire, two of them in fact, in the EXACT sixe as the OEM rear Kenda. It has very good specs for speed (V), traction (AA), temperature (A), treadwear (420), and the tread pattern is very similar to our OEM Kenda. I personally felt it performed better than the Kumhos I have also used, specifically in traction, especially wet surfaces. The Maxxis does not beak traction as easily as the Kumho, IMO.

It wears well, wears more even, has more plies (tread 2 poly, 2 steel, 1 nylon, sidewall 2 poly) than the stock Kenda. I have one on my original 2008 Spyder #006 right now. So far it is a better tire than the OEM Kenda in all aspects from wear, traction, specifications. But few others have used it.

I've used several OEM Kenda, a couple of the Kumhos, a couple of the Maxxis, a couple of Toyo Proxxes (that is what I am running on my 2013 ST-S right now). I would purchase the Maxxis again. I would not purchase a Kenda or a Kumho again. The Maxxis might be a Cheng Shin tire, but at least it is better than the Kenda IMO. For what it is worth!~

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD

Spyder Garage

Nice review. Thanks for sharing.[emoji41]
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool

Looks good but no experience with the product. Why don't you try a set then do a quarterly review while you have it mounted?

Spyder Garage

I put a query on BITOG forum and several responders said they had used the car tire and was satisfied with it. I may give it a try next when my Pirelli wears out, as I like the specs and tread pattern.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How has that Pirelli been treating you?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

WOW I can't believe what an uproar a tire causes, I think these tires are cheap. I used to pay 300+ for a tire every year (2000 to 4000 miles) and yes I would buy a soft tire for grip (for super-bikes) so when I look at spending 175 every so often then I am happy. I just never dreamed of a rear bike tire lasting more then 4k. lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you think that tires are fun; you'll just LOVE thr ruckus that starts over helmet usage and speed limits...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tommyoneleg View Post
    WOW I can't believe what an uproar a tire causes, I think these tires are cheap. I used to pay 300+ for a tire every year (2000 to 4000 miles) and yes I would buy a soft tire for grip (for super-bikes) so when I look at spending 175 every so often then I am happy. I just never dreamed of a rear bike tire lasting more then 4k. lol
    "Uproar"? To me it reads more like a discussion. The various tire threads here always generate discussion and sometimes some disagreements.

I too ride different kinds of motorcycles and the expected life of the tire depends on the application. The reason people, me included, are unhappy with the Kenda is we use our Spyders for touring and to some riders 4k miles is just one trip or less. Also, many think, me included here too, the Kenda tires under perform and the issue is two-fold. I replaced the stock Kenda with a car tire on my old 08 GS and not only did it last longer, it performed on the road MUCH better. Win Win and it was cheaper, WIN again.