Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    ...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default NOT happy with BRP

Well,to start with...I Love My Spyder...but... when the O2 sensor blew on my Spyder a few weeks ago Iwas not a happy Spyder owner…..posted on facebook that my Spyder was the “BRPTrailer Queen” and/or “The Devil Spyder” simply cause Mark had to drive 666.1miles to pick me and my Spyder up….there was a lot of negative responses to thepost, against BRP and their treatment to me. BRP called me, picked up theSpyder from my house, dealer replace the O2 sensor and determined it was mostlikely installed, miss threaded from factory. I appreciate the help of pickingup my Spyder, and dealer working to repair promptly. But………….

During the first conversation with BRP service rep he wantedme to go to facebook and spyderlovers and say nice things about BRP and howthey are jumping on the wagon to help me. During that conversation the repwanted to know how BRP could compensate me for all my troubles. I suggested somethingand he agreed as long as I never told anyone that BRP did this for me, Iagreed……Now I’m happy with BRP and thinking BRP really does care aboutrepairing and working towards fixing the 2013’s heat issues…but……..

Once the spyder was fixed, I go pick it up…call BRP and therep tells me that I am mistaken…BRP never promised me anything….we went backand forth on a few emails. As a 2-timeSpyder owner, and loyal customer I feel I have been 2-timed….when BRP thoughtthere was negative comments on them….BRP will say anything just to make youthink they are trying to help….. and then will not stand and keep their word onwhat they say…NOT happy with BRP
    Last edited by flamingobabe; 02-17-2014 at 07:20 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Hmmmmmm this is NOT GOOD customer service.

FB this is just plain WRONG. Sure has me rethinking if I am making a mistake ordering a '14 with trailer. And I don't have a Mark (hotglue) to rescue me...I need to have a company, BRP, that stands behind their WORD. Frustrated for you...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

TO THE BRP CUSTOMER SERVICE FOLKS, time to step up to the plate, here, and show some ethics. If one of your employees made a promise, as your agent, you owe it to flamingobabe . . . ethically, morally, and in many cases, legally. If the employee did not have the authority to make the promise, that is an internal BRP issue and should be resolved in-house, after making it good to Charlyne. I love my Spyder, even though I've had heat issues and had to have the charcoal canister, parking cable, and master cylinder replaced in the recall, because they all were melting . . . I have plans for a cross-country ryde, and some other long rydes, which is why I bought at RT . . . so I could tour. I talked two friends in Tucson AZ into buying 2014 RTs, and have a third on the fence, about to make the leap . . . but horror stories like this are scaring me . . . did I screw my friends? Can I trust my Spyder to be farther from home than my wife can come get me in a car? Can I trust you, BRP, to make issues on the highway, good? BRP, we know you lurk here, lets hear your rationale for what has happened with Charlyne's situation . . .
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default well now

maybe it's time to start boycotting , I love my spyder too....but ...32 grand and all the problems that come with them. ENOUGH!. mine has been in the shop more than any bike I have ever owned.
    true its all have been under warranty - but crapp what about a few years down the road afterwards it runs out. that is if the spyder can last that long (10yrs ?)

Spyder Garage

Default Also Not Happy With BRP

I have had similar results with BRP regarding my 2013 RT LTD SE5. So far 6 phone calls talking to different people asking me what it would take to satisfy me. I wanted to Email them several documents, including a list of things that I want done. I requested and finally got ( after 3 phone calls to request it) an Email address from the last person I last talked to. I Emailed the documents, and guess what? NO RESPONSE!! I am so tired of getting the runaround from BRP, but that is what they do. They come across as interested in and caring about problems but when you offer a solution, they clam up. I guess that this is the way that a Canadian company treats its US customers. Wonder if they treat their Canadian customers the same? I am to the point that I will not believe anything that they tell me until I see some results.

I hope that you have better luck than I am having.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness." ~ James Thurber

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default brp

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Well,to start with...I Love My Spyder...but... when the O2 sensor blew on my Spyder a few weeks ago Iwas not a happy Spyder owner…..posted on facebook that my Spyder was the “BRPTrailer Queen” and/or “The Devil Spyder” simply cause Mark had to drive 666.1miles to pick me and my Spyder up….there was a lot of negative responses to thepost, against BRP and their treatment to me. BRP called me, picked up theSpyder from my house, dealer replace the O2 sensor and determined it was mostlikely installed, miss threaded from factory. I appreciate the help of pickingup my Spyder, and dealer working to repair promptly. But………….

During the first conversation with BRP service rep he wantedme to go to facebook and spyderlovers and say nice things about BRP and howthey are jumping on the wagon to help me. During that conversation the repwanted to know how BRP could compensate me for all my troubles. I suggested somethingand he agreed as long as I never told anyone that BRP did this for me, Iagreed……Now I’m happy with BRP and thinking BRP really does care aboutrepairing and working towards fixing the 2013’s heat issues…but……..

Once the spyder was fixed, I go pick it up…call BRP and therep tells me that I am mistaken…BRP never promised me anything….we went backand forth on a few emails. As a 2-timeSpyder owner, and loyal customer I feel I have been 2-timed….when BRP thoughtthere was negative comments on them….BRP will say anything just to make youthink they are trying to help….. and then will not stand and keep their word onwhat they say…NOT happy with BRP
    wow--that sure will put a pit in your stomach--spend a ton of cash at this stage of life, then worry all the time its going to break down and when it does you get a bunch of crap--maybe its time to move on to another product that has a company that stands behind the product.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default i feel

i feel negative posts and talking helps, they will no longer talk to me in a e mail, so if i e mail them with my claim number they call me back on the phone. what was done is wrong but I NEVER SAID THAT is what you will hear w/o it in writing, i do feel your pain and frustration and i hope they will give you what you asked for, they just wanted the positive comments from you so they don't get bad press. FIGHT THEM F B and keep us posted to let us know what is going on. good luck hun

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Angry

As I see it. Customer satisfaction as it relates to major problems is being dictated by the legal department, rather than customer service. That is a top down decision. While all companies design their way out of major inherant problems. They shouldn't walk away or turn a blind eye to those who continue to have the problems that brought about the redesign.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow.

Spyder Garage

With you FB. We understand. Its time for BRP to step up and walk the walk. Enough empty words.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

OMG I can't believe that! That is not a good way to keep customers returning to buy future products.

"A happy customer tells no one, but a pissed off customer tells every one he see's" (Me)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well its now time for all of you to tape your talk time on the phone with BRP. I do this with all my calls and boy dose that piss some people off. Dam right it dose. now you can say to them heres what YOU SAID and play it back to them?? now back out why you said to me NOT HAPPENING.. good luck on this With BRP>>>>>

Spyder Garage

I jokingly said to the rep...."do I need to record this"...guess I should of.......

Quote Originally Posted by Spacetrucker View Post
    Well its now time for all of you to tape your talk time on the phone with BRP. I do this with all my calls and boy dose that piss some people off. Dam right it dose. now you can say to them heres what YOU SAID and play it back to them?? now back out why you said to me NOT HAPPENING.. good luck on this With BRP>>>>>

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I feel for all of you that are having problems. I have had a good experience so far!! My '08 had one problem, which my dealer came & picked it up & fixed with no charge. My '14 has had no problems so far. I feel good as I also have a great dealer. If I do get into a situation where problems start popping up it will be SpYder no more!!

Spyder Garage

Default Just put the checkbook in the drawer

After reading this and the other comments I have put my checkbook back in the drawer. I was about to pull the trigger on a RT S. I had become convinced BRP was more responsive then HD. The 2014 TriGlide was in the race but I have experience with HD so decided on the Spyder.

I know HD customer service. I am now wondering it the "devil you know......"

Waiting to hear BRP response AND True follow thru.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    I have had similar results with BRP regarding my 2013 RT LTD SE5. So far 6 phone calls talking to different people asking me what it would take to satisfy me. I wanted to Email them several documents, including a list of things that I want done. I requested and finally got ( after 3 phone calls to request it) an Email address from the last person I last talked to. I Emailed the documents, and guess what? NO RESPONSE!! I am so tired of getting the runaround from BRP, but that is what they do. They come across as interested in and caring about problems but when you offer a solution, they clam up. I guess that this is the way that a Canadian company treats its US customers. Wonder if they treat their Canadian customers the same? I am to the point that I will not believe anything that they tell me until I see some results.

I hope that you have better luck than I am having.

They just charge us more for everything.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post

So all the good things we hear about BRP has been done with bribes and promise's ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Which BRP Rep was it?
    At this point; I'd be naming names, dates and times of the conversations...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    I feel for all of you that are having problems. I have had a good experience so far!! My '08 had one problem, which my dealer came & picked it up & fixed with no charge. My '14 has had no problems so far. I feel good as I also have a great dealer. If I do get into a situation where problems start popping up it will be SpYder no more!!
    Correction I have a '12 RTL. I stated 'My '14 has had no problems so far.'

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default NO

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlee View Post
    So all the good things we hear about BRP has been done with bribes and promise's ?
    BRP has never promised me anything with the problems i have had, but once i mentioned law suit they will not talk to me with E mails, only on the phone. so has it come down to us having to invest into a recorder so we have them on tape to get the help they promises us. how can we trust when things like this happen. this is very discouraging and we should not have to worry about this kind of stuff when there are more important things in life to worry about.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Vidman View Post
    Waiting to hear BRP response AND True follow thru.
    We may never know the true outcome of any corrective action. Having lived through a similar experience with an unrelated and far more expensive product. Once the harmed party agrees to what they deem a satisfactory reconciliation of the problem. They generally have to agree to never discuss the outcome and are forewarned they will face legal backlash if they do. In reading FB's post they were very near such an agreement - prior to this post.

Corporate damage control 101. Only grease the noiseist wheel(s).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Which BRP Rep was it?
    100%

Spyder Garage

Bob...it does no good to name names......the service reps work for BRP and BRP has the say so......BRP has all that info

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Which BRP Rep was it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My recent issue with my 2014 RT was handled very well by BRP and my dealer, just to show the other face of the coin. The actual warranty repair was handled very quickly and BRP went out of their way to help me. The one thing I would warn them against is offering or making suggestions that they will compensate for our problems beyond the repair as I too had this experience by BRP and the dealer with no follow through. While I don't expect it to happen, I still hope they would keep their word and offer something since it was suggested. That being said, even a good discount on BRP products would nice as the markups are so huge on some products they could provide a 50% off coupon and still turn a profit (I bought my $400 Canam Jacket for $200 from a dealer at year end)