Super Senior Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

Do I need to buy extended warranty Have 2013 RT-S that i bought 4-5-13 & factory warranty expires 4-5-15 & only has 300 miles on it If i need insurance do i wait until 1st of 2015 to buy it>> Talked to a dealer & he said had to buy it before factory warranty expires & he has ZURICH INSURANCE 5 YEARS FOR $860.00 + tax(would this include towing) Thanks!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    Do I need to buy extended warranty Have 2013 RT-S that i bought 4-5-13 & factory warranty expires 4-5-15 & only has 300 miles on it If i need insurance do i wait until 1st of 2015 to buy it>> Talked to a dealer & he said had to buy it before factory warranty expires & he has ZURICH INSURANCE 5 YEARS FOR $860.00 + tax(would this include towing) Thanks!!
    Get the BRP warranty from Bryce at Bert's megamall. ~$750 for 3 years DO NOT buy an after market policy.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=bryce

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Best

I bought my '13 rts used in June & found out it has a Best warranty on it until '17, when I had it into dealer for recall work. Naturally, I'm And . That seems to be recommended company on this forum. Best has a $50 deductible involved.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check with State Farm I have the 2013 LTD Paying a lot less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

Lilly, as you know I bought my 2013 RT-S on December 28, 2012, at Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, Flarda. At the time I did not buy the extended warranty. I did this because I had planned on trading up or buying a new spyder every two years.

Since I am very satisfied with my "2013", I plan on keeping it longer than two years. Consequently, I went down to Seminole Power Sports and bought their extended warranty "RPM One" policy. I dealt with Jason. In addition to the one year left on my manufacturer's warranty, I now have a three year extended warranty with RPM One.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Get the BRP warranty from Bryce at Bert's megamall. ~$750 for 3 years DO NOT buy an after market policy.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=bryce
    I use to think that; but, there seem to be a number of members that are quite satisfied with the aftermarket ones. In any case, if you want the BRP one, you're right in saying to go to Bert's.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My 2 year warrenty is up this May, I plan on talking to my Dealership on which one they recommend. If your local dealership does not take it, its not worth very much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jgallo77 View Post

He was referring to a mechanical insurance policy

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Choices choises..!!

wonder myself...the main thing is to remember to do it before factory warranty expires if you are going with theirs. There are others you can add later. Ours has been problem free but that is no guarantee.. Parts and labor are rather expensive so it may well be worthwhile especially on the RT's...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

For the BRP Extended Warranty you can also call

Be sure to call before your factory warranty expires.

Vanessa at Pit Bull Power Sports (417) 863-1418

they will give you a great deal and will price match for you

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    My 2 year warrenty is up this May, I plan on talking to my Dealership on which one they recommend. If your local dealership does not take it, its not worth very much.
    I believe for the aftermarket ones that when you go to a dealer that doesn't accept it, you pay up front and then turn the bill in.

Spyder Garage

When I bought my 2012RTS-SE5 I got the 4year warranty, + the B.E.S.T warranty( that expires in 2016) Deanna777
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So I have been shopping around for a Warrenty using the Spyder Forums as a guide. Whats funny is I did check with my local dealer that I purchased from and his B.E.S.T warrenty price was very high. I asked him why he was double what everyone else was quoteing and he was" ah ah ah". Dont they know that consumers shop around now. I hate "blood suckers"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    So I have been shopping around for a Warrenty using the Spyder Forums as a guide. Whats funny is I did check with my local dealer that I purchased from and his B.E.S.T warrenty price was very high. I asked him why he was double what everyone else was quoteing and he was" ah ah ah". Dont they know that consumers shop around now. I hate "blood suckers"
    Same here mine wanted 3X more than it can be had for. I asked him if he would price match and he said yes but I still bought it from Bert's. Greed is NOT good.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Same here mine wanted 3X more than it can be had for. I asked him if he would price match and he said yes but I still bought it from Bert's. Greed is NOT good.
    I would like to buy from my local dealer to avoid any bad vibes. But you are right this shows how this particular dealer runs his business. Its not about the customer its all about the bottom line. Which is understandable to some extent but to be charging double and tripple is just a bit to much to swollow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jgallo77 View Post

He is talking about a warranty, not vehicle insurance.

Cruzr Joe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile Extended Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
    I bought my 2010 Rt used and bought a warranty and I'm glad I did. It's time for my 15,000 miles check, it would have cost me $1000 if I didn't have a warranty.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crw8781 View Post
    I bought my 2010 Rt used and bought a warranty and I'm glad I did. It's time for my 15,000 miles check, it would have cost me $1000 if I didn't have a warranty.
    ????? A warranty doesn't cover routine service, only non-excluded repairs. You need a service agreement to pay for routine service calls.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    ????? A warranty doesn't cover routine service, only non-excluded repairs. You need a service agreement to pay for routine service calls.
    Back in his time BRP had a service warranty too that covered quite a bit. It is no longer available probably due to low balling the dealers on the payments.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Back in his time BRP had a service warranty too that covered quite a bit. It is no longer available probably due to low balling the dealers on the payments.
    Yes, the BEST Plus did cover one service call a year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought the Zurich warranty because it was about the same price as the BEST warranty and covered 2 additional yrs as in 5. There is not a deductible for each occurance and it is excepted at "Most" dealers not just Spyder/Can Am dealers. Also my dealer recommended it for these reasons and said Zurich was a little easier to work with than BEST. I didn't purchase mine until 1 month before the factory warranty expired just in case something happened to it and then I wouldn't need a warranty. Good luck with making your decision.