Thread: 2013 Recall

Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Recall

Took my 2013 Spyder RT-S in for recall. Good thing the brake master cylinder had started to melt. But, worst was that the fuel evaporator canister had melted completely through with a dime size hole. That was September 6th. Four weeks and the bike is still down for parts. Is BRP going to extend my warranty because they can't supply parts in a timely manner.So, far I've lost a month of prime riding times with my Spyder club.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seems odd that it is taking your dealer so long to get the parts for the recall. Most people have had theirs in an out same day
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDERANN

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Seems odd that it is taking your dealer so long to get the parts for the recall. Most people have had theirs in an out same day
    Did I not see your yellow 2013 RT in a fireball.
    My Yellow Rt was at Spyders in the Redwoods with yours. Guess it is taking so long because other heat related parts got damaged too.
    Tech figured mine should have burned too. Just lucky I guess.
    Hope you got a new bike and paid for your lost stuff.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ncll View Post
    Took my 2013 Spyder RT-S in for recall. Good thing the brake master cylinder had started to melt. But, worst was that the fuel evaporator canister had melted completely through with a dime size hole. That was September 6th. Four weeks and the bike is still down for parts. Is BRP going to extend my warranty because they can't supply parts in a timely manner.So, far I've lost a month of prime riding times with my Spyder club.
    My was in the same condition however, the hole in my evaporator was almost 1 1/2" across. My dealer, which is outstanding, told me I was lucky. I don't believe the evaporator canister itself was included as a replacement part in the recall kit. My spyder was at the dealer for 12 days but it was worth the wait.

Good luck and I hope you get yours back soon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Don't know..!!

but don't hold your breath on extensions on warranty. I have mentioned before there is a serious stocking problem. They should have had all the parts including master cylinders and evap canisters. Some dealers do or did seems many don't. BRP should have sent them and not depend on the dealers to order them. Seems dealers are waiting to see who needs them before ordering..jmo...!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    but don't hold your breath on extensions on warranty. I have mentioned before there is a serious stocking problem. They should have had all the parts including master cylinders and evap canisters. Some dealers do or did seems many don't. BRP should have sent them and not depend on the dealers to order them. Seems dealers are waiting to see who needs them before ordering..jmo...!!
    BRP did autoship the recall kits, but dealers have to order any necessary repair parts. Dealers may have to reorder the repair kits if demand is high or if their repairs exceed the amount of Spyders they have sold/ordered.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 10-07-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry the inconvenient, It's always us, the consumers always the get the shafts.