Spyder Garage

Default 12,617 Trouble Free Miles

Got home Thursday after having Scoot3r's 12,000 mile check-up and some additional work done. Scoot3r is a 2010 RT A&C SE5, no real problems and with no mods other than a cowl-mounted GPS and splash guard scuff plates for my highway feet position. I had the rear tire replaced, the 12,000 mile inspection, and a new water pump installed (water pump under warranty). Total out the door cost $1500 and change. Total time in the shop=2 days. Scoot3r purred like a cat (a big cat) the whole 157 mile ryde home. Got to spend a couple of nights with my daughter and hit some good restaurants- Sometimes ya just gotta love it!
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I have 12800 trouble free miles on mine and just dropped it off at the dealership for the 12000 mile maintenance. Hope to have it back on Tuesday. Getting all three tires replaced as I am having a problem with the left front tire wearing excessively on outer edge and adding a full alignment just to be safe. I'm already missing the riding already.

Bill

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wolfee View Post
    I have 12800 trouble free miles on mine and just dropped it off at the dealership for the 12000 mile maintenance. Hope to have it back on Tuesday. Getting all three tires replaced as I am having a problem with the left front tire wearing excessively on outer edge and adding a full alignment just to be safe. I'm already missing the riding already.

Bill
    Yeh you miss it but ain't the reunion sweet when you get that call from the service manager saying it's all back together, checked out and ready to go?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

the title of the thread...though I only have 11,000 miles wrinkle free it's good to hear from others doing as well...ryde on..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

13500.. On my GS/SM5.. Did my own 12k service... Runs great!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    Got home Thursday after having Scoot3r's 12,000 mile check-up and some additional work done. Scoot3r is a 2010 RT A&C SE5, no real problems and with no mods other than a cowl-mounted GPS and splash guard scuff plates for my highway feet position. I had the rear tire replaced, the 12,000 mile inspection, and a new water pump installed (water pump under warranty). Total out the door cost $1500 and change. Total time in the shop=2 days. Scoot3r purred like a cat (a big cat) the whole 157 mile ryde home. Got to spend a couple of nights with my daughter and hit some good restaurants- Sometimes ya just gotta love it!
    Do you have a photo of your GPS mount?

JT

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 12,000 mile

Did you say trouble free? Is that what I have got to look forward to? $1,500 checkup you sound so happy about it. You are having to replace rear tire and water pump. If some one can do their own 12,000 why can't we find someone do do it for half that amount that does not have BPR on his shirt and his boss doesn't charge $100 an hour?

What do people do that shop around for the best deal with not a whole lot to pay down and the salesman talked them into a couple extras that bring their monthly payments up a little more then had anticipated paying. Then the salesman says and there is dealer prep. and Tax & Title. On the way home they know they are going to have to tighten the belt a little but it will be worth it. Then they have scheduled maintenance is more then planned. Then the final nail in the coffin 12,000 miles and which add up to four monthly payments. Sorry kids, no Christmas this year Santa Clause passed away while we were at the Can-Am dealer...........I know I have a morbid sense of humor.

Spyder Garage

Default Guess I need to be more specific

Trouble-free is somewhat relative for me. What I should have said by "trouble free" is that I have not had any codes thrown at me; no limp modes, no unexplained shut-downs, no-starts, drips, leaks or errors. I am as about as technical as my pet Black Lab and if I can't fix it with my limited tool kit (1 X ball peen hammer; 1 pair of channel locks; and 1 straight-slot screwdriver) then I take it to the experts whom I trust to put me back on the road. Besides it gets me into the big city, visit my daughter and eat at some good restaurants-priceless.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jthornton View Post
    Do you have a photo of your GPS mount?

JT
    Here's the mounting. I used an inverted aircraft RAM so that the ball would be above the cowl placing the GPS within my normal scan. It's simple and fits my needs nicely. Hope it gives you some ideas.
    Attached Images Attached Images