GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Limp Home Mode and DPS Codes AGAIN while riding Talimena!!!

On July 4th, first day of a 4 day group ride, we left Dallas and rode thru Texas, Oklahoma And Arkansas. We were riding twisties when my bike throws the Limp Home Mode and then DPS code. There were riders behind me when the Spyder slowed quickly, and I mean quickly. My foot was not even near the brake. There wasn't enough room to pull totally off the road as it was very narrow.

I had these same codes three weeks before on another group ride. Took Spyder into dealer where they cleared the codes. They said if it didn't throw the codes within 5-40 miles, everything was fine!?!?! I put about 250 miles on the bike before the July 4th ride.

I pulled the key...walked away.....put the key back in and no codes were thrown again; however, I was riding some crazy roads and spent the rest of the trip wondering if it would happen again and get hurt or killed this time. I left a rather blazing message for the service department but no one called me back...per usual. suggestions please before I call them again!!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Check battery cables for tightness. Then check relays and fuses to be sure they are seated fully.

Spyder Garage

Default Codes?

Quote Originally Posted by Fliight Risk View Post
    On July 4th, first day of a 4 day group ride, we left Dallas and rode thru Texas, Oklahoma And Arkansas. We were riding twisties when my bike throws the Limp Home Mode and then DPS code. There were riders behind me when the Spyder slowed quickly, and I mean quickly. My foot was not even near the brake. There wasn't enough room to pull totally off the road as it was very narrow.

I had these same codes three weeks before on another group ride. Took Spyder into dealer where they cleared the codes. They said if it didn't throw the codes within 5-40 miles, everything was fine!?!?! I put about 250 miles on the bike before the July 4th ride.

I pulled the key...walked away.....put the key back in and no codes were thrown again; however, I was riding some crazy roads and spent the rest of the trip wondering if it would happen again and get hurt or killed this time. I left a rather blazing message for the service department but no one called me back...per usual. suggestions please before I call them again!!!!
    Had the same thing happen to us, my wife and I. Took to the dealer and put on BUDS system and cleared them. Happened again. He asked if we ryde two up. Said yes. Then he adjusted the ryde sensor to accommodate two ryders. Has not happened since. Hope this helps. 2011 RTSE5
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac