Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WvTomCat View Post
    Thanks for your response. However, maybe you will share the chart that you are looking at because the recommendations from the chart that I used are as follows:

Spyder Front ---- 9 to 11 oz --- I put in 9
    Spyder Rear ----- 13 to 16 oz. ----I put in 16
    Explorer tire ----- 17 to 21 oz. --- I put in 20
    Expedition tire ----20 to 25 oz. --- I put in 24

If I thought that the extra ounce or 2 would solve my problem I would invest even more money in ride-on. However, I have trouble convincing myself that the extra ounce in the Explorer and Expedition would change the results.

Additionally, that still does not answer the problem with re-balancing each time that I use a given vehicle. As I indicated above, after only one hour being parked, the Expedition had to go through re-balancing again.

I still feel that in my case it might be a viscosity problem. A few bottles that I put in were so thick and lumpy that I could hardly get them out of the bottle. While others were very thin and went into the tires quite easily. Since that was my first experience with ride-on I didn't think anything about it. However, thinking back now, it does seem strange that some tires do not want to balance at all while others will slump and re-balance each time I drive the vehicle.

Thanks again for your input. Any other thoughts, let me know, Tom
    heres the chart i used:lamonsters chart
    Ride-On for your Spyder

I get a lot of calls, PM's and emails about how much Ride-On to use on the Spyder. The guys at Ride-On are getting the same calls and they have come up with a recommended amount for each tire of your Spyder for best results.

Your front wheels get 13 oz each
    Your rear wheel gets 18 oz
    You want to order the automotive treatment.
    You'll need a total of 44 oz for best results.

When ordering online or on the phone your 10% discount code is "Lamonster"
    Click Here to order.

This is one of the products that I really believe in. I've been running this in my Spyder for over 40,000 miles now and use it not only for flat protection but I don't run any wheel weights on my Spyder and have had great results. My ride is smooth and my tires wear evenly.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flybuddy View Post
    How can heat and humidity have anything to do with a viscosity change in Ride on when it's closed off inside of a rubber tire? I replaced my rear tire myself back in March. The old tire (with ride-on) is sitting in my garage. The ride on is exposed and this is a hot environment. It has not dried out yet.
    All I know is that I've been using it for a year and I'm happy with the results. Smooth ride with no vibration.
    So if it has not dried out in a year, how then does it stop an air leak. I am a simple person and thought that it was exposure to air that made it solidify much like green slime. Obviously I am missing something.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bobnaquin View Post
    So if it has not dried out in a year, how then does it stop an air leak. I am a simple person and thought that it was exposure to air that made it solidify much like green slime. Obviously I am missing something.
    From the ride-on site:

Q. I pulled a tiny staple out of my tire, but it still leaks?

A. In case that the puncturing object is too small (staple, needle, etc.), enlarging the hole with a tire awl will aid in Ride-On sealing the hole. For Ride-On to work effectively, the solid particulates inside the sealant need to be able to enter the wound from inside to the outside. If the hole is too small, the liquid may flow in the hole but the solid fibers will get stuck inside the tire casing (think of it like spagetti or rice in a colander - the water will drain but the spagettin/rice will stay inside the collander).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i have ride on in my 2013 rt. limited and it bounces when i first take off for about a 1/2 mile and then smooths out. This only happens when it has sit a day or two.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tony99 View Post
    i have ride on in my 2013 rt. limited and it bounces when i first take off for about a 1/2 mile and then smooths out. This only happens when it has sit a day or two.
    I think that is normal. Especially in cold weather.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ride a 2008, and have used it pretty much since day 1, like you said and their info say's once it warms up no issues. I can speak from experience that it really works. Put it my new rear tire and pull behind trailer as well. Had a screw in rear tire . A bonus to the tire guy's changing the tire / do not get bent out of shape due to a mess . There is NO MESS. wonderful product , easy to work with, unfortunately no longer a sponser but EXTREMELY helpfull if you contact them.