Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotglue View Post
    I don't know.. my guess is was never installed. We found 3 body panel screws and 2 push pins missing when we got in there..plus 2 of the clips that the screws go into were missing... All of this on the left side.... some one was asleep on the job at BRP....at least on the port side...
    I think the same guy assembled the left side of my Spyder, one cross threaded body panel screw and one broken push in stud.

JT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please let us know what BRP's response is to this...
    Missing springs, body attachment parts, and melted stuff; shouldn't be part of the ownership experience...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Seems that BRP has not had the ST tested in extreme heat climates down in the deep south. Something they may want to consider with all the problems that the ST's are having and unhappy buyers.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post
    All I know is that if you have things melting under normal operating conditions you better be coming up with a solution fast BRP before someone gets seriously injured!
    Operating conditions are normal for the end user in all of these cases, not BRP.

Just the facts.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    I think someone should forward their findings to BRP and the NHTSA, seriously. These failures are a BRP design fault, not something that is normal operating conditions.

You don't buy a car expecting the brakes to fail because the master cylinder melts. You shouldn't accept that in a bike.
    It all comes down to whether they are REAL WORLD tested or not. The answer to that may be obvious.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think that any of us know yet whether this is a "heat-issue", or just a "Put together in a haphazard way" issue
    BRP needs to find us all some answers...

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I don't think that any of us know yet whether this is a "heat-issue", or just a "Put together in a haphazard way" issue
    BRP needs to find us all some answers...
    Not arguing with ya Bob, but.

Melting parts when being operated in 100(+-) degree temps certainly sounds like heat issues to this hayseed.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...nder-Reservoir
    Last edited by Jeriatric; 06-30-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default reposting a post from facebook

We bought an ST limited back in April at Spyderfest. We traded our 2011 RSS. We have had nothing but problems with our Spyder. First we had the wrong VIN #, then the lighting harness for the license plate was not put in the brackets and the wires were sitting on the back tires and became frayed. There were numerous loose bolts on the bike. The power steering was difficult to turn. Then we started having problems starting our Spyder. So at the owner's event BRP did a temp fix on the lighting wires for the license plate . They fixed the steering and changed out a valve to correct the starting problem. They tightened up numerous bolts that's husband had not found to tightened. So we get home and we unload the bike off of the trailer and it starts smoking. We get a brake failure light soy husband trailers it to the dealership we use in Pensacola and when he unloads it the master brake cylinder melts and brake fluid goes everywhere. The dealership informed us that BRP will not let them release the bike until they can find a fix for the prob that caused the melt down of the master cylinder. Anyone else having these problems?

this is from BamaRyder out of Mobile

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Ed...how long has the dealer had the ST....Twain's ST is in the shop also for same problem...My brake cylinder has melted some....but afraid to ride it...don't need brakes not working....can you send me their, bamaryder, email or give them mine...scarry stuff

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    Not arguing with ya Bob, but.

Melting parts when being operated in 100(+-) degree temps certainly sounds like heat issues to this hayseed.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...nder-Reservoir
    You're absolutely right! BUT.... What if the exhaust spring was allowing more heat up under the Tupperware than anybody ever dreamed possible?

Spyder Garage

Default MELTED MC

Dealer is going to replace my cylinder cap but has said nothing about holding it per BRP instructions. He suggested wrapping the exhaust closest to the MC and putting reflective heat tape on the cap. IMO any dealer should not be holding anyone's ST hostage per BRP. I think the wrap and tape will suffice until BRP comes up with a permanent fix.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

You're absolutely right! BUT.... What if the exhaust spring was allowing more heat up under the Tupperware than anybody ever dreamed possible?
    Some say the spring is missing, some say that side does not have a spring. Reading back through some of the posts. Someone went to the parts fische and said that side doesn't list a spring. Wasn't all so long ago there was another post on a missing spring(not a ST) and the conclusion was that there is no spring on that side.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flamingobabe View Post
    Ed...how long has the dealer had the ST....Twain's ST is in the shop also for same problem...My brake cylinder has melted some....but afraid to ride it...don't need brakes not working....can you send me their, bamaryder, email or give them mine...scarry stuff
    Charlyne, you can PM them on here at Bamaryder, message Diane Huddleston on GOS FB page or email her at litlems96@bellsouth.net. I believe they trailered their bike to the dealer Fri. or Sat.

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Arrow

Mine too. For everyone involved.

Testing in real world conditions could have kept this from happening.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I hope, for everyone's sake that has an ST, that BRP takes notice and fixes the problems.
    +1 on that..................

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    IMO any dealer should not be holding anyone's ST hostage per BRP. I think the wrap and tape will suffice until BRP comes up with a permanent fix.
    The fact that you use the word "think" in your last sentence is a little scary. The significance of this failure is pretty serious IMO. This is not a "hot foot" complaint, I would let the dealer and BRP get their $*t together on this one? ST riders be careful out there..........

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No spring? That sort of blows some large holes in my theory...

Spyder Garage

http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_...13&fveh=161049

There is NO spring on the 2012 or 2013 RT,s on the LEFT SIDE per above fiche. Only shows spring on Right side!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default ST issues

[QUOTE=Erags;648876]We bought an ST limited back in April at Spyderfest. We traded our 2011 RSS. We have had nothing but problems with our Spyder. First we had the wrong VIN #, then the lighting harness for the license plate was not put in the brackets and the wires were sitting on the back tires and became frayed. There were numerous loose bolts on the bike. The power steering was difficult to turn. Then we started having problems starting our Spyder. So at the owner's event BRP did a temp fix on the lighting wires for the license plate . They fixed the steering and changed out a valve to correct the starting problem. They tightened up numerous bolts that's husband had not found to tightened. So we get home and we unload the bike off of the trailer and it starts smoking. We get a brake failure light soy husband trailers it to the dealership we use in Pensacola and when he unloads it the master brake cylinder melts and brake fluid goes everywhere. The dealership informed us that BRP will not let them release the bike until they can find a fix for the prob that caused the melt down of the master cylinder. Anyone else having these problems?

this is from BamaRyder out of Mobile
    [/QUOTE

Our Spyder has been in the shop Since the 19th, right after Owner's event. We have put a call into Ghislain Gossette at BRP to talk to him. He was the one who helped us at the Owner's Event. He is BRP's service manager. We are very concerned about all these issues! BRP needs to get on the ball and fix them. If someone gets injured because of these problems they will really have problems. God Bless us all!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_...13&fveh=161049

There is NO spring on the 2012 or 2013 RT,s on the LEFT SIDE per above fiche. Only shows spring on Right side!
    The 2013 ST shares the same exhaust design as the 2011, 2012, 2013 RT's and none of them have a left side spring. Since the 2011 RT's are running around in their third season and there have no reports that I can remember of the exhaust coming apart. I would assume it does not need one.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by twain View Post
    My 2013 STl limited at dealer right now also. Was throwing multiple codes. Brake assembly fried as well ad 6 month old battery due to heat issues. Tried to tell me not to ride too close to other cars and avoid stop and go traffic. Give my a freakin brake, I live in Houston Texas. Will give them a chance but if not satisfied can keep their bike as I will not make another payment on a bike that I cannot ride in the heat where summer last 8-9 months here.

If i have these problems with my ST i think i am going to do the same thing. Even if i don't have these problems now riding and thinking of this happening is no fun either.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kungfuspyder View Post
    Seems that BRP has not had the ST tested in extreme heat climates down in the deep south. Something they may want to consider with all the problems that the ST's are having and unhappy buyers.
    Remember this is happening everywhere.

The difference between 70F ambient and 130F ambient isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things. We're talking about temps that are hundreds of degrees too high.

Mine melted on a nice 72F day in the mountains.

Spyder Garage

Default spring

My 2012 RSS only had one spring. When i put on my hindle exhaust i asked my local dealer about it. he said dont worry alot of Spyders came that way and he didnt think it was an issue.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have no left spring on my 2013 ST and RT either.....

Dont guess I need it.