Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default After market Seat for 2013 RT Ltd

I just purchased a 2013 RT Ltd. Because I am heavy set (5'11"/300lbs) my seating position seems to be more forward than I like. It also creates an uncomfortable right foot position causing me to stomp rather than feather the brakes. If my seating position was back a couple of inches it would work out a lot better and I could rest my heel on the floorboard while applying the brakes. Do any of the aftermarket seats have a position that is further back as compared to OEM?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ultimate has one...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
    I just purchased a 2013 RT Ltd. Because I am heavy set (5'11"/300lbs) my seating position seems to be more forward than I like. It also creates an uncomfortable right foot position causing me to stomp rather than feather the brakes. If my seating position was back a couple of inches it would work out a lot better and I could rest my heel on the floorboard while applying the brakes. Do any of the aftermarket seats have a position that is further back as compared to OEM?

I know Corbin has a part number for the Lamonster cut and it will sit you 2"farther back but it will cost your passenger area 2" http://www.corbin.com/can-am/cart10.shtml. I know other members will chime in with their suggestions

Big Rig Member
    Spyder Garage

JayJay, I am in the same boat on the seat not fitting me. Here is what I am doing: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ing-customized

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The BRP Comfort Seat

Comfort Seat - Ultra comfortable with lumbar support. Roomier for driver for improved comfort during long rides. Driver seating area pushes back by 2” (5 cm), thus relaxing the driver’s knees and upper body. Stock backrest to match Comfort Seat
    Last edited by stevedfive; 05-06-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Same height and weight

I have the BRP comfort seat and it seems to do for me
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

The above poster have you covered. I have a Corbin on one RT and the BRP Comfort seat on the other RT.

You will get two extra inches of room on the Comfort and can get a special Lamonster Cut on the Corbin. Not sure about the other mentioned.

The BRP Comfort will set you back $599 for the RT. Other seats $750 plus if you add backrest, heat, etc.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thank you!!

Thanks everyone for your input. Buying an aftermarket seat to address a weight induced ergonomic issue seems to be a bit of a Cr*p shoot. Unfortunately it is an expensive gamble. I think I will give the BRP comfort seat a try. It appears to address the immediate need without breaking the bank. Maybe I will invest the money I save in a "Diet Plan". A 100lbs gone would make any seat fit better and make the Spyder go even faster .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ditto on the Ultimate Seat

I'm getting ready to order the Ultimate seat (Tallboy model) to give me more legroom. If you go that route consider getting the rider backrest as that should also help your comfort. I am not a big fan of Corbin seats having had so-so experience with them on two previous machines. I was not impressed with their quality and they take a looooong time to break-in. Also, by default, Corbins are covered in leather and require more care than the vinyl on the Ultimate (or on the stock RT) seat. There are a number of posts on the forum regarding seat options, do a search for them and you will likely get more useful info.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    The above poster have you covered. I have a Corbin on one RT and the BRP Comfort seat on the other RT.

You will get two extra inches of room on the Comfort and can get a special Lamonster Cut on the Corbin. Not sure about the other mentioned.

The BRP Comfort will set you back $599 for the RT. Other seats $750 plus if you add backrest, heat, etc.

The fact that you have both the BRP comfort seat and the Corbin, can you offer insight into which one is better in regard to comfort and room.

thanks

harry

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Keep in mind that for every 7#s removed from a bike it feels like one additional HP. So lose 70#s and gain 10 HP! I just lost 20 so I picked up 3HP. Swapped the stock muffler for a carbon fiber two brothers and another 20#s off for a total of 6HP. Makes loosing weight sound like fun........Not!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Keep in mind that for every 7#s removed from a bike it feels like one additional HP. So lose 70#s and gain 10 HP! I just lost 20 so I picked up 3HP. Swapped the stock muffler for a carbon fiber two brothers and another 20#s off for a total of 6HP. Makes loosing weight sound like fun........Not!
    Wow, I was doing good like you down 25 # and have the Two Bros for another 20# but today I had a double scoop ice cream cone so I must have lost a hp or two
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default After market Seat for 2013 RT Ltd

I really like my Ultimate Tallboy.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for your input. Buying an aftermarket seat to address a weight induced ergonomic issue seems to be a bit of a Cr*p shoot. Unfortunately it is an expensive gamble. I think I will give the BRP comfort seat a try. It appears to address the immediate need without breaking the bank. Maybe I will invest the money I save in a "Diet Plan". A 100lbs gone would make any seat fit better and make the Spyder go even faster .
    Might not need a whole 100 . . . I'm 6'2" and weigh 300 . . . the brown leather seat that came on my 2013 RT Limited fits great!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    Keep in mind that for every 7#s removed from a bike it feels like one additional HP. So lose 70#s and gain 10 HP! I just lost 20 so I picked up 3HP. Swapped the stock muffler for a carbon fiber two brothers and another 20#s off for a total of 6HP.
    I'd rather just pull the hair out of my nose and ears, clean the wax out of my ears, the lint out of my bellybutton and take a good before getting speedy...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by harrypottar View Post
    The fact that you have both the BRP comfort seat and the Corbin, can you offer insight into which one is better in regard to comfort and room.

thanks

harry
    RE: Corbin--People either like or hate the Corbin set up. It is much harder than other seats I have used. It takes 500 to 1000 miles to get "broke in" and shaped to your butt. I have over 50,000 miles on Corbins--had one on my 2008 and one on my current 2010 (different seats). I was fine until my back issues started making themselves known. I also have the Corbin backrest on the seat for me. I now add either a sheepskin/gel or an Airhawk to the package. Sometimes both. I would probably not get a Corbin on a future .

RE: BRP Comfort seat--I do like this compared to the OEM seat that is provided on the . It offers more support and gives a couple inches more back room. I have ridden up to 100 miles at a time on the Comfort seat, and find I am not as "road weary" as with the Corbin.

It used to be my thing to ride all day on Saturday and Sunday--but that is now getting harder for me to do with my back issues. We did 400 miles this last weekend though.

Hope this answers your questions Harry.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red