Spyder Garage

Default Any other saddlebag options besides the Givi set?

As much as I love the way the Givi bags look, they are just too much $$$ for me to spend right now. Are there any other options out there? I did see the Roadkrome bags, but not that impressed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoJive View Post
    As much as I love the way the Givi bags look, they are just too much $$$ for me to spend right now. Are there any other options out there? I did see the Roadkrome bags, but not that impressed.
    Check out RKA soft bags we have them and they work great made in USA and they will customize color and features no perment ugly hardware and they stay put to I can't say speeds

Spyder Garage

If you're looking for hard bags, check the RoadKrome catalog, they've got Spyder stuff at fairly reasonable prices.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r1100rider View Post
    Check out RKA soft bags we have them and they work great made in USA and they will customize color and features no perment ugly hardware and they stay put to I can't say speeds

What r1100rider said. Give Richard a call. Great guy to talk with!

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    If you're looking for hard bags, check the RoadKrome catalog, they've got Spyder stuff at fairly reasonable prices.

john

I don't really mind the RoadKrome bags, but I have yet to see any with the black handle, which is what I'd need.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Look into the Nelson Rigg soft bags. There are others, too, if you search the old SpyderLovers posts.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Look into the Nelson Rigg soft bags. There are others, too, if you search the old SpyderLovers posts.
    # 950, I've used them on my GS with great success, Now i have them on my Kaw 6n.

Spyder Garage

If you are looking to spend less $'s than the Givi bags, then soft bags are probably the way to go. Mention of suppliers is listed above.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Saddle bags

I have the corbin saddle bags and they are an excellent product and water proof deep wells for storage. They blend into the bike like they are straight from BRP. Go to Corbin.com to take a look.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have these on EBay. I used them on my BMW R1200R, but decided to go with the hard bags on the Spyder. I tried them on the Spyder and they fit well. The RKA website has photo of a Spyder that uses them. The expandable feature is handy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RKA-50-Liter...9386fb&vxp=mtr

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I added these to my watch list. I really like the look of the Givi/Can Am bags though. The Corbins are nice, but they are more $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Tl440 View Post
    I have these on EBay. I used them on my BMW R1200R, but decided to go with the hard bags on the Spyder. I tried them on the Spyder and they fit well. The RKA website has photo of a Spyder that uses them. The expandable feature is handy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RKA-50-Liter...9386fb&vxp=mtr

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blambert View Post
    I have the corbin saddle bags and they are an excellent product and water proof deep wells for storage. They blend into the bike like they are straight from BRP. Go to Corbin.com to take a look.

I love my Corbin saddlebags!! Look like they were stock. Blend very well with the lines of the Spyder. You couldn't give me those GIVI bags. Yuck!!!!!!
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Saddlebags

I have the Nelson Rigg CL-850 bags. They mount on my 2009 GS and look good. You can see pictures in my album "Saddlebags".

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up for the Nelson Riggs bags. I use them on my 2010 RS. They work great and were AFFORDABLE

Spyder Garage

Red face Saddle Bags

I have had a set of SHAD, top box and saddlebags on my Spyder for 5 years and I love them. Each bag will hold 2 modular helmets! I think they are a little sturdier than the GIVI, have held up great, and look good. Check them out. Price at that time was some cheaper than the GIVIs.7190.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Any other saddlebag options besides the Givi set?

Here's pic of the Kuryakyn Granthrow-over saddlebags that I purchased a few weeks back. I really do like them and they have a lot of room too.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361884385.627924.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361884425.427833.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Before the Spyder I used to use Nelson Rigg soft bags. They were great except they will buff and scratch the finish.

Spyder Garage

Hi , Google up ' KAPPA MOTORCYCLE LUGGAGE' Same stuff as Givi but badged differently and cheaper.
    Last edited by johnboyjohn.pretious; 02-27-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: cant spell !!!!!!

Spyder Garage

I looked up the Kappa's, they look very nice! Gonna do some more research on those for sure. I did run across some Coleman soft bags @ my local WallyWorld. For $50, they aren't bad. Downside is the stupid Paul Jr. Designs logo....but that will be gone soon!

http://www.coleman.com/product/motor...0#.US-hoDCcESY

coleman bags.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by johnboyjohn.pretious View Post
    Hi , Google up ' KAPPA MOTORCYCLE LUGGAGE' Same stuff as Givi but badged differently and cheaper.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To each their own, I suppose. I love our Givis, if they're good enough for BRP.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow