Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Squealing brakes

Just finished riding the Iron Mountain, Needles,Badlands Nat. Park etc. And now my brakes are squealing to high heaven, sounds like I am in a pig farm. Should I take it to dealer? The brakes seem to be working fine. Also I had it refuse to go into R twice, lucky I had some Hog riders willing to push me back. Could that be a fluke, or cause for concern?

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by paintedlady View Post
    Just finished riding the Iron Mountain, Needles,Badlands Nat. Park etc. And now my brakes are squealing to high heaven, sounds like I am in a pig farm. Should I take it to dealer? The brakes seem to be working fine. Also I had it refuse to go into R twice, lucky I had some Hog riders willing to push me back. Could that be a fluke, or cause for concern?
    My 08 would squeal like a garbage truck making stops, I did all the temporary Rube Goldberg fixes,
    Then i put on the Gen 3 pads and all was quiet.
    But i would think your year Spyder came with the Gen 3 from the factory.

RT-S PE#0031
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    My 08 would squeal like a garbage truck making stops, I did all the temporary Rube Goldberg fixes,
    Then i put on the Gen 3 pads and all was quiet.
    But i would think your year Spyder came with the Gen 3 from the factory.
    Since you provided no information at all about your Spyder (model, year, manual or electronic shift, etc), it'll be impossible to troubleshoot your reverse problem. So, yes, I believe you should have your dealer look at it.

The brakes squealing is a problem that has been with the Spyders since the first year. Both of ours do it. I have not yet replaced the brake pads, but understand that is the fix.