Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Stolen Bike Insurance Settlement

Just received a phone call from the insurance company and I accepted their settlement of $26,347.45 after a $500 deductible for my 2011 RT Ltd. Amazing but it only took two weeks for the insurance company to come up with the figure. Would recommend Foremost Insurance through AARP to anyone, they seem to be a real stand-up type of company. Now I'll wait until November after the 2013s come out to decide my next move.

magical member
    Spyder Garage

thats an amazing pay out for a 2011, bet you really chomping at the bit now to see what the unveil in a few weeks.

harry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have Foremost on my other bikes, and they settle their claims more than fairly. At least that has been my experience after a previous accident I had.

I would definitely recommend Foremost to anyone.

Also, they had a clause on my motorcycle policy that if the bike was totaled or stolen within the first 12-months that they would settle by paying the price of a new model-year bike of the exact same model and features. Do not know it that is what happened in your case or not.

Again... great company to deal with.

Spyder Garage

You guys are giving me the warm fuzzies about Foremost.

My agent suggested we change to Foremost last month when my Auto Owners policy came due. She said they have a great reputation, understand motorcycles and they were a couple of hundred dollars cheaper!
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Foremost is a good Company that has the size behind it to offer many different types of programs; one of which will probably fit just about anybody. The only reason that I don't use them more in my office is due to issues regarding poorly-directed marketing efforts in the PowerSports marketplace.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have never heard of Foremost. We have both autos and the Spyder and HD through Progressive. Unfortunately had something displeasingly weird happen through Progressive. I'm glad to hear about this company. I'll check it out. Thanks. Your experience with them sounds quite satisfactory.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have Formost Ins and would not have any other! Great Company

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NJERNIE View Post
    Just received a phone call from the insurance company and I accepted their settlement of $26,347.45 after a $500 deductible for my 2011 RT Ltd. Amazing but it only took two weeks for the insurance company to come up with the figure. Would recommend Foremost Insurance through AARP to anyone, they seem to be a real stand-up type of company. Now I'll wait until November after the 2013s come out to decide my next move.

Was your machine the one stolen in QC?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I first read the topic of this thread, I thought that you had a bike insurance settlement stolen, not that you had a stolen bike! I must have been blonde in another lifetime.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes, mine was the Spyder stolen in Joliette, Quebec.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ga Blue Knight View Post
    I have Formost Ins and would not have any other! Great Company

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

glad you got a settlement.. still is agravating .. I have State Farm.. complete coverage is 191 every 6 months..2012 RS...

Spyder Garage

That works pretty well in your favor. Remarkable price really, and timely too, right before the 2013's hit the scene.

i guess everything happens for a reason, huh? Heck, you could buy a 2012 leftover, should the 2013 not tickle your whistle, and have some cash for mods!

Good on ya, and here's to a speedy recovery to getting your knees back in the breeze!
    2014 Spyder RT Limited , OEM NA Satin Platinum

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cooky & Ernie YEA...

Quote Originally Posted by NJERNIE View Post
    Yes, mine was the Spyder stolen in Joliette, Quebec.
    I am so glad for you guys....wow won't be long and you can start the "process" of deciding what your new great ryde will be!! Again so for you two wonderful people...I hate it when bad things happen to great people...

So great...yes Foremost is a great company and Hartford for home/auto are equally customer service friendly. But found something interesting when Insurance shopping I had been thru AARP...then went shopping on my own. Got the exact same policies/Hartford/Foremost with non AARP referral for less $$ go figure...

Just a quick note...Ms Spyder is loaded and ready to head out "she" is giving me "the eye"...so better soothe the savage beast!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got adequately paid out.Are you going to purchase another Spyder?
    ivor

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default INSURANCE

I realise it makes a big difference where you live ( Vt.)....But I have had Foremost on my Spyder and sno-mobiles for years now..Every year they drop the premium about $15.....I carry full coverage on the Spyder 100/300/10 + collision + uninsured/underinsured + towing + $3500 optional Equipement with $1000 detuctible.....My Sept. bill Was $198.......I'm very Happy with them......Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Glad everything is working out to your liking . I am sure you loved your spyder , but will be nice to have the first 2013 of the group .

Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

I've been using The Insurance Lady out of San Antonio for almost 10 years and I really like her rates. She only writes RVs and motorcycles, currently have progressive full coverage on my 2012 RT A&C and my 92 R100r Velorex 562 around $440 annually. 210-403-2216 ask for Lee Anne. Tell her Norm mentioned her and for every quote she gives I get entered in a raffle for a Harley they're giving away this year! I did have AMIG when we hit a deer in 07 and they tried to lowball me, and she got them to take good care of me. PS if you ever hit a deer, when you report it, say the DEER hit you, not the other way around.
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I love Foremost!

Foremost is the best. Ernie- your friend Ray turned me on to them. Nobody touches their prices. I have full coverage plus on 3 bikes for what one bike would be with Ryder or Geico. Progressive was very high too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had Foremost until I bought the Spyder, Geico was almost $200.00 a year cheaper then Foremost for the same coverage. Needless to say I switched. But up until then I found them to be very competitive in price. Don't know what happened.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

Geico was $700 in my area. Went with Foremost.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

For those who aren't familar with Foremost, they're endorsed by AARP and give you a discount for being a member..I've had them for a long time and they're good to work with..They don't give you a hard time about accessory coverage either...I believe they automatically cover up to $3500 in accessories and you can up the amount...I pay $412 a year for full coverage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please don't make your purchase decision base solely upon price...
    I know and use Foremost in my office; they are a rock-solid Company that offers a wide range of products. They also have the staffing avaiable to help settle out "issues"...
    Just like with Spyders; the service AFTER the sale is what completes the experience...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Ultimate Spyderlover
    Spyder Garage

You guys are making me want to switch from Geico.

Spyder Garage

Default No AARP for me....

But found something interesting when Insurance shopping I had been thru AARP...then went shopping on my own. Got the exact same policies/Hartford/Foremost with non AARP referral for less $$ go figure...

Surely you know AARP gets a kickback or referral for every policy under them....I have no use for AARP after they jumped on the *****care bandwagon because they would benefit by more than 2 BILLION dollars....just a'saying....smoky