Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Any one from the UK

Had my yellow Spyder now for a couple of weeks, picked it up from my local dealer (over 200 miles away) brought it home, went for a few rides, then took it back to the dealer for its first service one week later.

So now I can open it up and start to explore the brilliant roads we have in the North of England.

My previous ride was a Triumph Rocket 3 trike, very quick but a bit heavy to handle. The Spyder is brilliant although the handling was not as sure footed as the Rocket until I upped the tire pressure to 20 psi on the front, now it is great on the country roads.

To make to make it a bit more comfy for the wife I want to move the passenger footrest forward and down as much as possible. Has anyone carried out a similar mod? Also will fit a brake lever on the handle bars as seen on this site. Otherwise all is well.

Not many Spyders in UK yet is there anyone on this site from the UK?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Spyder Garage

Smile

Hi Oldfart,
    Another Very old fart here from Hertfordshire. Had my yellow rocketship since early June. I was lucky enough to go to the Silverstone test day and ordered it there and then from Andrew at Adrenaline. Had various trikes and still have a VW, but the spyder is in a different time zone, love it to bits. Do some rallys in the East of england, but had some cagedriver T bone me nearly 4 years ago so am a bit limited. The Spyder wont quite fit up the stairs and into the bed with me but Im trying.
    There must be other riders out there as I am told that 50 are coming in this year. We can hope the word spreads and others read the site.
    Ride safe.
    Johnboy.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    ...To make to make it a bit more comfy for the wife I want to move the passenger footrest forward and down as much as possible. Has anyone carried out a similar mod....
    welcome

Well, I'm from Berkshire County, does that count?

(I'm sure we stole that name from somewhere in your country!)

Great handle, by the way!

Here's another thread on the passengers peg extensions with photos of TwoDog's mod.

Spyder Garage

I'm from England, but now live in Peoria, AZ a suburb of Phoenix. I used to live in Hemel Hempstead, Herts and have family in Luton. Still waiting on my red Spyder.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Im just wondering if the brits are all out riding and not reading the sites or are they not interested in passing info,tips etc on. There must be more than two of us in g.b who can use a computer !!!

Spyder Garage

Hi Oldfart, Just looking back and find no one else has posted on your original.. Did annyone contact you direct,or are we still the only ones reading.
    Ride hard.
    johnboy.

Spyder Garage

Talking

welcome

Spyder Garage

HI Guys. Im still here in the UK and wondering if anyone has seen fit to try and see how many spyder riders look at this website. I cant believe there are only two of us. Come on, join in.

Johnboywelcome

Spyder Garage

Hi Oldfart. Johnboy here, I see you are online. Did anyone contact you after you posted your message here ??
    Would love to know to perhaps arranga a meet at the dealers for a chat. What do you think..

johnboy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hi Johnboy

I missed your message but I'm up for a meet but its a bit late now and snow is already on the ground.

The nearest dealer to me is Pump Action some 200 miles away, I will need to make a visit to them asap as my ride is now due for its 3000 mlie service so possibly early next year all being well.....

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

"OLDFART"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Ello me duck

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Had my yellow Spyder now for a couple of weeks, picked it up from my local dealer (over 200 miles away) brought it home, went for a few rides, then took it back to the dealer for its first service one week later.

So now I can open it up and start to explore the brilliant roads we have in the North of England.

Not many Spyders in UK yet is there anyone on this site from the UK?

I lived in Swindon for 3 years and Newbury (which is in the real Berkshire ) for a year. Does that count.

I don't have my yet, but I could just imagine how awesome that ride would be. Yes, for those that have never traveled those winding roads with miles of beautifully colored poppy fields. It is awsome!

Spyder Garage

HI Oldfart, Great to hear from you again. I know where pump action is but mine came from Adrenaline. I am riding as standard apart from the Hindle pipe, what a great sound it makes now. I think that is just what it should have sounded like from the start. Ive got a crocked leg which hates being cold so a meet in the warmer months would be great. Are you fed up with the silly questions yet ? What is it,How fast, how much etc. Even stopping for petrol is a long job now,dont you find? However,ride safe, will keep looking at the forums.
    Johnboy.

Spyder Garage

Hi StSpyder09

You are so right about the bendy and twisty roads. I live in Hertfordshire which in parts is a very country place. Glad to say that the safety features of the Spyder is TOPS on a lot of my roads. Not many long straight boring roads at all! I just wish that I was 40 years younger in my body. ( My brain is that of a kid because I never really grew up ). I can honestly say that this is the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on !!!!!
    Ride safe.
    Johnboy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnboyjohn.pretious View Post
    Hi StSpyder09

You are so right about the bendy and twisty roads. I live in Hertfordshire which in parts is a very country place. Glad to say that the safety features of the Spyder is TOPS on a lot of my roads. Not many long straight boring roads at all! I just wish that I was 40 years younger in my body. ( My brain is that of a kid because I never really grew up ). I can honestly say that this is the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on !!!!!
    Ride safe.
    Johnboy
    Hi johnboyjohn.pretious,

I planned to get my in Sept. 09, but things are going well. I might be able to get it sooner. Until then, I'll have to keep singing the words of one of your great British poets, "I can't get no satisfaction".

Ryde safe and enjoy.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I know Jeff in Doncaster has a Spyder and is putting together a web site at http://www.spyderryder.co.uk/ - but it is not finished yet.

Spyder Garage

mrb, Thanks for that info. Will keep my eye on it.