Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Patriot Guard mission

We rode with the Patriot Guard three times this week...it's quite nice to be able to honor our veterans. Ended our third mission with a bang...our Spyder wouldn't start when we got ready to leave the cemetery. After quite a few pushes we were finally able to start the engine. No further problems on the ride home. We rode tonight to/from a hockey game but we made sure we had the battery charger in the saddlebag. Now we've just got to figure out what kind of battery to look at purchasing in the near future.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DocRags View Post
    We rode with the Patriot Guard three times this week...it's quite nice to be able to honor our veterans. Ended our third mission with a bang...our Spyder wouldn't start when we got ready to leave the cemetery. After quite a few pushes we were finally able to start the engine. No further problems on the ride home. We rode tonight to/from a hockey game but we made sure we had the battery charger in the saddlebag. Now we've just got to figure out what kind of battery to look at purchasing in the near future.
    I too ryde with PGR, and know how you feel. I would check your battery connectors to make sure they are clean and/or tight. I did not know you could push start the Spyder.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I too ryde with the Patriot Guard and today St. Louis is the first city in the nation to hold a parade to "Welcome the Heroes Back From Iraq".
    Last night (Friday) at 9:11 PM a vigil was started to read all 6,502 names of those killed in the war which will last until 12:00 Noon today and then the parade starts to honor the vets. It appears that there will be over 200 Patriot Guard ryding en masse in the parade from the St. Louis area, along with 80+ bands, floats, etc. to say a BIG THANK YOU!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GloryRyders View Post
    I too ryde with the Patriot Guard and today St. Louis is the first city in the nation to hold a parade to "Welcome the Heroes Back From Iraq".
    Last night (Friday) at 9:11 PM a vigil was started to read all 6,502 names of those killed in the war which will last until 12:00 Noon today and then the parade starts to honor the vets. It appears that there will be over 200 Patriot Guard ryding en masse in the parade from the St. Louis area, along with 80+ bands, floats, etc. to say a BIG THANK YOU!
    I also ryde with Patriot Guard in my area. Right now Fox News is covering the St. Louis event...AWESOME...gives me goose bumps...can just imagine the thrill to participate. Thank you for representing Spyderlovers well...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds FABULOUS! Wish we were closer so we could be there. Ed's a veteran from SW Missouri. Hope your weather is great...hug a vet (or 2 or 3 or...) for me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Having just moved to Las Vegas we missed the news that there was a mission yesterday for a soldier KIA in Afghanistan. On the news coverage last night we saw a Spyder in the PGR proccession. Thanks to all of the fellow PGR Spyder Riders for honoring our veterans.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default PGR Ride

We ride with the PGR in Southwest Michigan. One reason we got the Spyder was because we got tired of being one of the only cages that are in the group. Our first ride was a few months back. We had not done much riding on highways, but this ride went from Kalamazoo/Battle Creek international Airport along I-94 (through construction) a few exits west to the funeral home. Brought back memories of how the PGR supported us when we had the services for our son (KIA Iraq 15 Sep 2010), another reason we joined the PGR. I am happy to see more Spyders joining the PGR. Happy riding!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I also ride with the PGR, great bunch of people for a great reason. Did you ride in the SGT Woods funeral a couple years ? Robert Woods ( Uncle )is our Ohio State Captian. He stated the PGR out there did a great job. Thank You. OldmanZues

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rhansen309 View Post
    We ride with the PGR in Southwest Michigan. One reason we got the Spyder was because we got tired of being one of the only cages that are in the group. Our first ride was a few months back. We had not done much riding on highways, but this ride went from Kalamazoo/Battle Creek international Airport along I-94 (through construction) a few exits west to the funeral home. Brought back memories of how the PGR supported us when we had the services for our son (KIA Iraq 15 Sep 2010), another reason we joined the PGR. I am happy to see more Spyders joining the PGR. Happy riding!!!

My condolences to you. I too ride with the Patriot Guard and the Guardian Brotherhood. Lately though all of the missions have been 4-6 hours away and during the week. We stand for those who stood for us.

Spyder Garage

John and I are also PG Riders. It has been such an honor to honor our soldiers. We have been on some very moving rides. Two of them were for Marines coming back with limbs lost. One of the young men was only #2 or #3 to have lost all 4 limbs and lived to return home. What an honor to ride for these fine men and women.

SpyderLady

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Patriot Guard

I display the flag by mounting a flag holder on the trailer hitch for Patriot Guard functions. Works great.IMG_7708.jpg

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by STUNMUN View Post
    I display the flag by mounting a flag holder on the trailer hitch for Patriot Guard functions. Works great.IMG_7708.jpg
    One of these I'm going to rig up a big flag holder for my missions. Its an honor to "accompany" our heros on their final journey and to welcome them home from deployment.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here is how I flt my flag on PGR rydes
    Attached Images Attached Images

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Patriot Guard missions

We don't have a trailer hitch, so we can't mount our flag there. Ed managed to mount a flag just in front of the passenger hand grips. Doesn't interfere with my being able to get on/off bike but I can't see much to the right of me when the flag is unfurled (maybe that's good ). He painted a PVC pipe black to go with our Phantom black. He's still working on ideas to get the flagpole collapsible so we don't have to worry about windy conditions breaking the PVC. Some of the other PGR riders mentioned using 2 different diameter PVC pipes, drilling holes through them and telescoping them down. That may be what we do next.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We don't have a trailer hitch, so we can't mount our flag there. Ed managed to mount a flag just in front of the passenger hand grips. Doesn't interfere with my being able to get on/off bike but I can't see much to the right of me when the flag is unfurled (maybe that's good ). He painted a PVC pipe black to go with our Phantom black. He's still working on ideas to get the flagpole collapsible so we don't have to worry about windy conditions breaking the PVC. Some of the other PGR riders mentioned using 2 different diameter PVC pipes, drilling holes through them and telescoping them down. That may be what we do next.
    I saw one guy that used screw together conectors for his PVC pipe. That way he just connected the pieces together when he arrives, but I don't know how that would work while moving. Could use steel pipe and connect them together, but I don't think steel condurent would be strong enought not to bend.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    My condolences to you. I too ride with the Patriot Guard and the Guardian Brotherhood. Lately though all of the missions have been 4-6 hours away and during the week. We stand for those who stood for us.
    Thanks. Many of the ones in Michigan have been several hours way too. Can't wait for the spring to start riding again!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    I saw one guy that used screw together conectors for his PVC pipe. That way he just connected the pieces together when he arrives, but I don't know how that would work while moving. Could use steel pipe and connect them together, but I don't think steel condurent would be strong enought not to bend.
    The 35 flags the PGR ride captains have for the flag line have the screw together connectors for PVC pipe, but there's no real wind to worry about there. I've been worried about the winds we get when we're traveling interstate to get to PGR functions. We've got PVC pipe that Ed painted black to match our bike...some type of metal flagpole might be the way to go. For now I'm supporting the PVC (with my right arm braced against our trunk) as we ride...seems to be working. Still need to get some smaller flag holders for the luggage rack on the trunk. Anyone know of any vendors for those? They were a bit pricier than we expected. We've got our 4th mission in 6 days tomorrow morning. Lots of military retirees around here.

Spyder Garage

I've seen several PGR's use telescoping fiberglass painting handles. Bob, what is that, a tube pinned to a bolt? I don't have a hitch. Wish I did for my trip to Cuba. But then I'd hear that "giant sucking sound" Ross Perot referred to, of my gas going...quickly.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    I've seen several PGR's use telescoping fiberglass painting handles. Bob, what is that, a tube pinned to a bolt? I don't have a hitch. Wish I did for my trip to Cuba. But then I'd hear that "giant sucking sound" Ross Perot referred to, of my gas going...quickly.
    It is a 5/8 threaded bar with a cheep flag pole over it that is bolted to my hitch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Stunman, do you have any other pics of your mount to share? I ordered the Rivco pole holder today but still debating on the actual mount system. I do have a hitch already, just trying to avoid having to remove (the torqued on) ball to set up flag.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

How did that go? Do you have any pics to share?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yol Bolsun View Post
    How did that go? Do you have any pics to share?
    There was over 100,000 people lining the parade route, probably an average of 5 deep on each side ot the street. Besides the 200 Patriot Guard Riders, where were around an additional 300 bikers from American Legion, Blue Kinghts, etc. Their is video at KSDK.com which is the NBC station in St. Louis. It was a great day to honor our HEROS.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    It is a 5/8 threaded bar with a cheep flag pole over it that is bolted to my hitch.
    Are you using any type of diagonal guide lines Robert? How fast have you traveled with the flag on it?
    Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Everyday is a great day to honor our vets. Every Patriot Guard mission is an honor. Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GI Jane View Post
    Everyday is a great day to honor our vets. Every Patriot Guard mission is an honor. Thanks.
    . I'd even give the vet that sitting in the room with me a big hug but I'm afraid I'd catch his 'crud'. Hope he's feeling better soon so we can get back on the bike with the PGR. Thanks to all you veterans on SpyderLovers.