Spyder Garage

Default finally had something break

My rear fender tore completely on one side and partially one the other now is just flapping in the breeze I contacted my dealer and since mine is a 2009 they said it was covered, I noticed that the fender is a very bad fitting peice and it is under alot of pressure form the sides, I ride over alot of bumpy roads and railroad tracks so i think that was part of the problem but it is still unacceptable and I know the new peice will break eventually too. Have alot of people had this problem?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy taflinger View Post
    My rear fender tore completely on one side and partially one the other now is just flapping in the breeze I contacted my dealer and since mine is a 2009 they said it was covered, I noticed that the fender is a very bad fitting peice and it is under alot of pressure form the sides, I ride over alot of bumpy roads and railroad tracks so i think that was part of the problem but it is still unacceptable and I know the new peice will break eventually too. Have alot of people had this problem?
    There was a bulletin out this summer regarding the torquing sequence when reinstalling the fender on to the bracket. Right now I'm off to work. If you want me to try and find it, let me know. You may want to check to see if your dealer is aware of the bulletin; this may help to prevent another breakage.

Here is the service bulletin number: 200-2011-7

Now I'm off to work.

Post 13 here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...light=bulletin

Now I'm late.
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-04-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Rear Fender to have one or not

Our rear fender broke this summer and just got a phone call saying it wasn't covered, so I happy for you that you are getting yours replace, but I wonder if you will get another one done, if it breaks again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Erags View Post
    Our rear fender broke this summer and just got a phone call saying it wasn't covered, so I happy for you that you are getting yours replace, but I wonder if you will get another one done, if it breaks again.
    I would push your dealer for a warranty replacement as lots of (including myself ) have had this replaced under warranty with no questions asked, and if I'm not mistakened some have had thiers replaced twice ?
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    I would push your dealer for a warranty replacement as lots of (including myself ) have had this replaced under warranty with no questions asked, and if I'm not mistakened some have had thiers replaced twice ?
    We're waiting to see what BRP has to say about it, since Erags emailed them yesterday. We've heard of all sorts of folks having it done under warranty so it doesn't make any sense to us that different dealers treat it differently. Not sure how we can push the dealer to do something, though. Seems like something wasn't designed right if folks are losing fenders due to the brackets breaking.