Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dewie View Post
    No doubt, if the big 4 (honda, kawi, Suz, Yam) ever built something like this for the same $$$ I would jump ship soooo fast. If I wasen't paralyzed i would be on 2 wheels anyways and riding something that is tried and tested and true...
    I can see your point but part of that would be hoping that your big 4 manufacturer would get their product 100% right the first time.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I can see your point but part of that would be hoping that your big 4 manufacturer would get their product 100% right the first time.
    I kind of agree,
    But at least the Big 4 normally doesn't let their customers do the product testing for them.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dewie View Post
    after having zero issues with my DPS recall I was in Bowcycle in Calgary Alberta(a 3 hour drive from my house) and they convinced me to get the recall done ASAP. I'm paralyzed so I had to get my dad to help me get it up there. The 3 hour job started a week and a half ago and still has not finished. The replacement DPS that they had instock was faulty and they don't have anymore, nor do they have any idea when they are getting more. So my bike sits and waits while I go crazy with the nice weather outside.

So I have been calling other dealships and looking for a spare DPS that they could ship to Bowcycle till they get theirs, a job Bowcycle should be doing if they care to help me. I know it's not their fault for stocking a bum DPS but they should be looking for one in another city to please the customer.

The moral of the story is if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    3 hour job will turn into 3 weeks

You could try Martin powersports in Edmonton. They had the parts an the shelf and it took them about 5 hrs. to do service and DPS replacement.
    Max

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My dealer replaced mine under recall,and the replacement was also defective..Luckily it didn't take that long to get another one. They told me they are putting rebuilt units on,and some they get don't. seem to be rebuilt

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i just had my dps done today and was talking with the owner and he stated in his opinion thats crap. about dealers not getting them? He claims EVERY TIME they do a recall on dps they send old unit in and brp sends on back out the day they recieve it he said they have ALWAYS had aleast one on hand and claims they have done MANY? Just what he said anyways Mine works great hope it works out for you as well. It takes about 1.5 hrs to do. the book calls for like 1.6-1.7 hrs i was in and out in about 2 hrs

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lonnibdd View Post
    i just had my dps done today and was talking with the owner and he stated in his opinion thats crap. about dealers not getting them? He claims EVERY TIME they do a recall on dps they send old unit in and brp sends on back out the day they recieve it he said they have ALWAYS had aleast one on hand and claims they have done MANY? Just what he said anyways Mine works great hope it works out for you as well. It takes about 1.5 hrs to do. the book calls for like 1.6-1.7 hrs i was in and out in about 2 hrs
    BRP And it's dealers remind me of that old TV show' The Naked City.
    They both have 9 million stories to tell,

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

well to finish the story I finally got my bike back just shy of 3 weeks. And they rushed it thru so I'm told. They said the new DPS that came in was not in the system so the computer couldn't do the work order cause it doesn't have the parts blah blah blah. So I thank the one mechanic there who snuck in my bike to work on.

They could have borrowed a DPS for my GS or air shipped it to save me atleast 2 weeks of waiting. And as far as contacting Carlo his service is on par for the rest of BRP, brutal. Still haven't heard anything back from him. If I wasen't paralyzed I would sell this thing sooooo fast cause it's been such a joy being a BRP owner so far. But I need three wheels to ride so here I am for now.

quote of the thread is once again - WAY TO GO BRP

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

on getting ur back happy trails my friend