Spyder Garage

Default BEST WARRANTY Questions

My Spyder's factory warranty runs out on Aug 25th 2011.. I have been seriouly considering getting the BEST warranty..

I would like to know other Riders opinioins/experiences on/with this extented warranty..

Also.. I called two dealerships and asked about the cost of getting the BEST warranty 36 months.. (not BEST PLUS) I made that clear to them both.. after giving them my info and vin # this is what they said..

First dealership quoted me a price of $749.00
    Second dealership quoted me $1049.00 ..

that is a $300.00 difference.. anybody else see a major price difference between Dealerships...???

Ofcourse I will be going with dealer number one if I get the warranty..

Now here is the Strange Part....
    to beat all the second is an offical Can-Am/BRP Dealership sells nothing but BRP products..
    The one that quoted me $749 is a multiple Brand Cycle Center.. That's just sad in my book.. When a Official nothing but BRP Dealer Selling the same BRP Warranty prices it $300.00 Higher than a Cycle Center that handles all different kinds of powersprot vehicles.. Hmmmm.. Looks like it would be the other way around.. sounds like someone is Scamming...
    best to shop around for BEST

Spyder Garage

I was just quoted 1575.00 in canada

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I paid about $800.00 for the BEST coverage for each of our Spyders. I wasn't going to get it at first, but looking back on it I think it was a good idea. These machines seem to be prone to strange and exotic problems, many of which I would not be able to work on myself due to lack of facilities.

So far both machines have been very good, but I just feel better knowing I'm covered. By the time the BEST runs out I'll more than likely be ready for a new machine anyway. And then we'll start all over again!

Spyder Garage

$1049 is list price. I was quoted $880 but after negotiations I got them down to $800. Some members have reported lower prices but my dealership has a good service department so I don't mind paying a little more.
    2011 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot82 View Post
    $1049 is list price. I was quoted $880 but after negotiations I got them down to $800. Some members have reported lower prices but my dealership has a good service department so I don't mind paying a little more.

Spyder Garage

Thanks to all of you for your posts.. i was just trying to see what others thought about the BEST Warranty and if it was worth getting..

Spyder Garage

Default BEST warranty

Call and speak to Bryce Page at Bert's Megamall. She gave me a good prices. It does not matter where you purchase the warranty as all BRP dealers will honor it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The BEST warranty can be used at any BRP dealer right? Could you buy it at a dealer willing to sell cheap in Florida, and use it at a local, say Las Vegas dealer?

Of course the local dealer won't be thrilled, but with my dealer, I don't really care. Taking it to them is a crap shoot. Mind as well pay less for them to screw things up (laughs).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mishapman View Post
    The BEST warranty can be used at any BRP dealer right? Could you buy it at a dealer willing to sell cheap in Florida, and use it at a local, say Las Vegas dealer?

Of course the local dealer won't be thrilled, but with my dealer, I don't really care. Taking it to them is a crap shoot. Mind as well pay less for them to screw things up (laughs).

I believe there was a post stating that the 'BEST' was not available in Florida. It had to do with some state regulation.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm relatively new to the Spyder-world and still a little naive . In plain English, what is the BEST plan. Is it simply an extended warranty or is it a "pre-paid service" plan? Thanks ahead of time for the input, guys and gals!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slybird View Post
    I'm relatively new to the Spyder-world and still a little naive . In plain English, what is the BEST plan. Is it simply an extended warranty or is it a "pre-paid service" plan? Thanks ahead of time for the input, guys and gals!

The 'BEST' extends your warranty. The 'BEST Plus' has some pre-paid maintenance included plus extends the warranty.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slybird View Post
    Extended warranty, plus Spyder road service. The BEST Plus also covers the 600 mile service and one annual service call.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Extended warranty, plus Spyder road service. The BEST Plus also covers the 600 mile service and one annual service call.

I wonder what the dealer would do if you've already had your 600 mile service (I've got over 6K on the RT-S already.)? Think I'll call and find out.....

p.s. Thanks for the replies!