Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

and welcome.
    I like the Hindle for the sound, looks and it has Can-am & Spyder badging so it appears to be stock. The Two Bros. dual is also a good looking pipe with a louder low rumble than the Hindle. For pure eardrum shattering loudness there is also a pipe out there that I heard at the Chicago Owners Event. I believe it is by Kwelmetal? From what I understand it is the same one Doc had before he turbocharged his Silver Dream.

Spyder Garage

welcome the hindle exhaust
    great feed back with pictures

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and welcome

I have the hindle and I really like it. But I am considering going with a single Two Brothers pipe with a dB reducing tip and giving the hindle to my husband to put on his.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

and welcome

Exhausts for the Spyder are just like most other mods, there are different strokes for different folks. We also went with the Hindle on our Spyders mainly because of the stock look. If you have a stock looking pipe around here, it gives the police officers less reason to want to write you a ticket. Plus it sounds really good at the same time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You are going to enjoy the bike.

Question for everyone - what is it with wanting a loud bike? Is this a guy thing? (just joking)

Carolyn

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mistycrest View Post

Question for everyone - what is it with wanting a loud bike? Is this a guy thing? (just joking)

Carolyn
    Most men suffer from SPS and over compensate for it. Cars/bikes that make massive amounts of noise, huge trucks, large stereo speakers, big screen TV's. You get the picture (no pun intended).
    Last edited by mxz600; 07-30-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

on your new . Most owners seem to go with the Hindle.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

welcome Hindle

Spyder Garage

Default HMF Performance Exhaust

I have an HMF on my Spyder. Sounds great, looks great, and it won't break the bank!
    http://hmfracing.com/shop/pipes/can-am/spyder-rs-08-10
    Happy Former-Spyder owner!
    2008 SM5 PE# 3518 / Intense Blue Pearl (sold 2014)

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Spyder Garage

I prefer the Stock. Music not noise for me!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mistycrest View Post

Carolyn
    My neighbor has a Harley so loud you can't talk to him when running.

Claims it is so car drivers know he is there, puts his between cars and his wife on a Yamaha.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by buckey48 View Post
    My neighbor has a Harley so loud you can't talk to him when running.

Claims it is so car drivers know he is there, puts his between cars and his wife on a Yamaha.
    Thanks - I needed the laugh.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Capt John View Post
    welcome I have the Hindle and that is enough for me. I like the sound of 2 Brothers dual it rocks! The only problem I see with it is if you decide to put the BRP or Corbin saddlebags. They may not work with the dual. I haven't heard what a 2 Bro's single sounds like.
    Randy, I'll give you a demo one day on the 2 Bro's single can. Its loud enough for me, with the tip in and can only imagine what its like without it.

Spyder Garage

welcome and enjoy
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your posts. I was pleased to see when I logged on a few days later, 40 posts or more!!!!! From the sounds of it, I may be going with a hindle exhaust. I know I do like LOUD bikes, however, the wife voiced her opinion on how she absolutely loves it when her ears are ringing and she has a headache on a long bike trip.

So, to please the wifey, I think I will go with the hindle. It seems to flow and blend with the bike, does look stock, and has a good sound to it.

I suppose if I want to make noise, I'll jump on my Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle, with Tab mufflers and go raise hell. This bike sets of car alarms at idle. The police dont mess with me though, because I am a police officer myself. They just shake their head and wave to me, so I grab a hand full of throttle just for them.

Back to the Hindle exhaust, anyone have any ideas as to where I can get the best deal? Leaving on a trip to Iowa in 3 weeks, so I would like to have the pipe installed before my trip.

Thanks again for all your feedback guys. I love it!!!

Spyder Garage

...... now im not sure. Saw a couple sweet videos on youtube with the different exhausts with an air filter and juice box.... maybe I could buy the wifey an awsome set of earplugs??? HAHAHA.

I hope she doesnt read this.

As far as aftermarket exhaust cans though, sounds like I need to buy a 90 pipe to attatch the muffler. Can anyone elaborate?

Im sorry, Im a harley guy and am new to the spyder.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hartsock1986 View Post
    ...... now im not sure. Saw a couple sweet videos on youtube with the different exhausts with an air filter and juice box.... maybe I could buy the wifey an awsome set of earplugs??? HAHAHA.

I hope she doesnt read this.

As far as aftermarket exhaust cans though, sounds like I need to buy a 90 pipe to attatch the muffler. Can anyone elaborate?

Im sorry, Im a harley guy and am new to the spyder.
    The Two Brothers, HMF, Micron, Hindle, and others that are made for the Spyder should just be a slip on. Best place to find deals is in the 4 sale section of this forum, and then on EBay. It may take you longer than 3 weeks to get a good deal on a Hindle though.

As for your wife and the ringing ears, why not try something like the Ear Fuze headphones with an MP3 player? She likely won't be complaining about the trip at all, as she will be entertained at the same time as blocking a lot of the exhaust noise.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool Exhaust stuff

My bike came with a micron. I hated the sound of the stock one that I test rode... I'm a happy camper...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket exhaust

I have a Leo Vince on mine - has a really nice rumble at idle and a Ducatti-ish type sound when cruising but screams in the higher RPMs. And thats with the removable baffle out of it.
    Comes complete with everything you need - found new on ebay for about $600?
    I have had the pipe almost 2 years now and no problems or repacks

BTW - Welcome to SpyderLovers!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This one sounds good on youtube, don't know how load it would get at full throttle. Looks good INHO>

http://de.truveo.com/video-detail/fm...der/2836133507

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hartsock1986 View Post
    Thank you all for your posts. I was pleased to see when I logged on a few days later, 40 posts or more!!!!! From the sounds of it, I may be going with a hindle exhaust. I know I do like LOUD bikes, however, the wife voiced her opinion on how she absolutely loves it when her ears are ringing and she has a headache on a long bike trip.

So, to please the wifey, I think I will go with the hindle. It seems to flow and blend with the bike, does look stock, and has a good sound to it.

I suppose if I want to make noise, I'll jump on my Harley Davidson V-Rod Muscle, with Tab mufflers and go raise hell. This bike sets of car alarms at idle. The police dont mess with me though, because I am a police officer myself. They just shake their head and wave to me, so I grab a hand full of throttle just for them.

Back to the Hindle exhaust, anyone have any ideas as to where I can get the best deal? Leaving on a trip to Iowa in 3 weeks, so I would like to have the pipe installed before my trip.

Thanks again for all your feedback guys. I love it!!!
    So you are one of THEM. Just NOISE IMHO. Harley that is.

Spyder Garage

and welcome Hindle works for us !!!!!

Spyder Garage

and welcome

I am more than satisified with my Hindle but per Lamont's post from a while back, Hindle is amoung some of the milder pipes. I believe Tail Gunner is the loudest he tested and Two Brothers is a close second.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS