Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    ... Are any of us desiring to break the sound barrier with the Spyder?

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

So did you sell the MP3?

Exactly. I mean, really... Are any of us desiring to break the sound barrier with the Spyder? I don't think so! 1,000 cc is plenty good enough for me, that's for sure. Especially considering that the largest thing I've ever driven is a 500cc scooter! lol

Spyder Garage

Simply because I've learned the HARD WAY to get what you REALLY want IN THE FIRST PLACE, instead of "settling" for something lessor. I have $6K in my SSA now, and will just continue to put away for what I really want, until I have enough to pay for it. If I go ahead and get a USED GS, then I'll always regret it, and I can't afford to do that.

I agree. But there would be a WHOLE lot of people on this board NOT OWNING a Spyder if they all followed that advice, good as it may be.

One thing wrong with that scenario... I don't want the RT just because it is "new" or the latest thing that they came out with. I want it for very substantial reasons. The RT is made in a touring position for the driver where I can sit UPRIGHT. This is the most important thing of all for me. I've been told that the GS can be altered to a certain extent like this, but would never come close to the seating position of the RT. If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars on a toy, then I sure in hell want to get something that will be comfortable for ME to ride, considering my condition. The RT matches that perfectly, and would be worth every penny. If BRP came out with the RT-ZX next month, I would be entirely uninterested.

So, my sights are now set on this toy. I've always heard that if you want something bad enough, you'll find a way to get it. Well, I believe that. And, besides, I want to attend Lamont's next barbecue!

Derwin
    Sell the golf and fishing equipment................ I am getting rid of this toy.....

and will have some left over for accessories

Originally Posted by Derwin
    I can only take so much rejection, after all. First girls, now this! A guy can only take so much! lol
    I have confidence you will do it!! In fact much sooner with no girl expenses, focused, stay focused and with the extra time on your hands you (No golfing/fishing) can take on a second job at the place you wanna buy the spyder from (employee discount) and give demo rides to prospective customers, you will have it in no time.

good luck and see ya at the BBq

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8LEGS View Post
    WOW!!!, I didn't know I shouldn't have the Spyder since I didn't pay cash for it. I'm really glad it's “your” opinion.
    Like you said ... it's my opinion and still is. I say it to stress the importance of fiscal discipline. If people want to take it the wrong way and flame me for it .... so be it.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Like you said ... it's my opinion and still is. I say it to stress the importance of fiscal discipline. If people want to take it the wrong way and flame me for it .... so be it.
    I didn't take it the wrong way at all, I got married to my fiscal disipline! You had some great suggestions, that's what this forum is for M2Wild.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    no flaming here...I understand the analogy....back in the 30`s the quote was, "If you cant afford to pay cash, you cant afford it." .....this was right after the crash of 29......lenders in the past 20 years were more loose with the money and would take less criteria. This is what led to the current crunch. It wasnt the primary cause, just the begining. So living with the importance of fiscal discipline is a good way to be on alot of things we want. Suppy and demand will determine gradually what the prices are and who the banks will loan to....I am buying one eventually, at my price even if it takes saving each year to buy a piece of junk to restore....but if the banks loosen up, I will sign the note to buy it sooner...ok, i`m off the soapbox

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They say that every time you try to get credit, it actually makes your credit score go down a notch, so I think I'll just pass on trying to get any financing for this thing. I can only take so much rejection, after all. First girls, now this! A guy can only take so much! lol

I will be getting a new RT. Period. I'm done playing around. I'm now determined to just put money away each week towards it's purchase. I'm sure they won't reject me if I come in with CASH! I know girls don't!

Derwin
    The hell with the girl rejections, but a Spyder rejection...now that hurts.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    I didn't take it the wrong way at all, I got married to my fiscal disipline!
    ME TOO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    So did you sell the MP3?
    Yep. I got tired of looking at it in my garage! lol

I just came to the conclusion that it really isn't what I REALLY want. I really desire a Spyder, and I am hell bent on getting one.

Actually, the guy is coming over today to pick the MP3 500 up. So now I'll have more money to put in my SSA! Oh, Joy!

Derwin

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

This world was built on bartering and finance. Good or bad it's how the game is played.

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

Just a thought about taking out a loan to purchase any motorcycle. Banks typically charge a higher interest rate than for autos, even used autos typ get a lower rate. I was lucky enough to be in a position to pay cash for my Rt (65 years old and no bills) but I fully appreciate the position most younger folks are in, afterall, I WAS once young too. Anyway, if you need a loan to purchase an RT, you might think about using an existing auto (with no loan) to secure the loan. Talk to your lender and see what he suggests. Most banks are very helpful, afterall, this is how they make their money. Believe me, they want to loan you the money, if at all possible. All they'er really concerned about is the level of trust they have in you repaying the loan and the worth of the property you use to secure the loan.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

A few years ago an employee credit union decided that it would no longer make loans for motorcycles, ATVs or personal watercraft. Of course the members became very upset and ultimately eighty percent of the members closed their accounts and nearly bankrupted the credit union. In a stroke of genius the credit union decided that not only would they start loaning on bikes, ATVs, and PWCs again but to guarantee the lowest interest rates on these types of loans. This credit union is still slowly recovering but has defiantly learned its lesson!
    The moral of this story is that banks and credit unions sometimes have to be reminded how their money is made!
    By the way the above employee credit union services the Honda Goldwing assembly plant here in the USA.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

If you want it that bad it will happen!

Yep. I got tired of looking at it in my garage! lol

I just came to the conclusion that it really isn't what I REALLY want. I really desire a Spyder, and I am hell bent on getting one.

Actually, the guy is coming over today to pick the MP3 500 up. So now I'll have more money to put in my SSA! Oh, Joy!

Derwin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler~ View Post
    This world was built on bartering and finance. Good or bad it's how the game is played.
    you KNOW it! it always has and always will.....

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I haven't "checked in" in a while, and thought I would let everybody know that my SSA (Spyder Savings Account) continues to grow. Actually, I believe I should finally be getting my new Spyder sometime next early next year if all goes as planned.

Spyder Lovers has been a great place for me to "lurk" while saving up for the Spyder. I'll tell you what.... BRP should be paying Lamont a chunk of change for producing such an incredible site that keeps people excited about this bike.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good to hear from you again, and to know that your SSA is still moving in the right direction. I wish you continued success toward getting the Spyder you want.

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Hey Derwin!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Good to hear from you again, and to know that your SSA is still moving in the right direction. I wish you continued success toward getting the Spyder you want.