Spyder Garage

Default Android Auto/Apple Carplay standalone mountable display, pretty slick

I ordered this after being frustrated with Garmin no longer supporting the Pandora and Spotify specific apps on their GPS units. These can be found on Amazon or half price on Aliexpress under many different names. They bluetooth and wi-fi connect to your helmet comm and to your now safely stored phone in your pocket or trunk or wherever. They are Ram ball mounted and the device easily detaches from the mounted cradle. They are IPX7 water-proof and you can also load a micro-SD card with media into the unit. The unit boots up pretty fast and connects in a timely manner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-26-2023 at 01:34 AM. Reason: manor (big house) - manner (the way it's done) ;-)

Spyder Garage

Maybe tell us the actual name of the unit and post a link? And I see you have it mounted on the top of the dashboard, so what did you mount it to and where did you purchase it?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Maybe tell us the actual name of the unit and post a link? And I see you have it mounted on the top of the dashboard, so what did you mount it to and where did you purchase it?
    I'm guessing it's this one...

https://www.amazon.com/IYING-Touchsc...s%2C266&sr=8-4

2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

“Connects in a timely manner”????

I’d rather just use my phone as I already have it and it can do what this does.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    Thanks!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

This is what I got

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US

Mounted to JC's dash mount (SL vendor) via ram mount extenders.
    Last edited by Uticat; 04-26-2023 at 09:40 AM.

Spyder Garage

Uticat - does this unit connect to the bluetooth on the Spyder so the sound comes through the bike speakers? I'm asking because using my phone for maps is getting a little difficult due to the size.
    2022 Sea to Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jesster72 View Post
    Uticat - does this unit connect to the bluetooth on the Spyder so the sound comes through the bike speakers? I'm asking because using my phone for maps is getting a little difficult due to the size.
    I doubt it as the Spyder’s system only allows a smartphone and headsets. Also, the joystick won’t work with this either.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I doubt it as the Spyder’s system only allows a smartphone and headsets. Also, the joystick won’t work with this either.
    & according to reports barely connects at that

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Certainly looks interesting. My concern is when on a long trip I would need to charge the phone anyway. Does the touchscreen work well with touchscreen gloves?
    2018 RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    & according to reports barely connects at that
    I have no problems connecting and many that know what they’re doing also don’t have a problem. Whether ACP or HD Connect or MySpin or the BMW’s TFT system. It’s all the same smartphone integration. Why spend more $$$ on this when you already have a smartphone in your pocket? It’s really funny that one would buy and install this toy when they can just mount their phone on the dash. It does the same thing and more.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

It's just an alternative to using your phone which isn't really waterproof and subject to the elements and expensive. To each their own.

Cheers

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Uticat View Post
    It's just an alternative to using your phone which isn't really waterproof and subject to the elements and expensive. To each their own.

Cheers
    Actually the iPhone 7 and newer as well as the Androids at around the same year are very waterproof. I wash my iPhones at least twice a month, running them under water. They are off when I do it.

As for using them on the bike, you'd have to be in an extreme downpour to begin to worry about ANY exposed device. For the new Spyder models, just put the phone in the glovebox if you're worried.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red