Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

If your alignment is really bad and you are handy in the workshop and can turn a nut you may be interested in this clip.

This bloke is going to give it a crack.

Then take it for a spin. If it wanders pull out your spanners and give it , dunno yet, 1/2 a turn so it widens at the back of the axle. Repeat until it dosnt wander and your happy. Hell seek out some corners to double check.

I guess if it straight-lines too firmly bring it in 1/2 a turn or a 1/4 or two full dunno yet.

You should be able to feel it from handling and feedback in the bars when its right.

BYW A Poofteenth is exactly the the required measurement wider at the back than the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho12zpOkAPA

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Isopedella View Post
    If your alignment is really bad and you are handy in the workshop and can turn a nut you may be interested in this clip.

This bloke is going to give it a crack.

Then take it for a spin. If it wanders pull out your spanners and give it , dunno yet, 1/2 a turn so it widens at the back of the axle. Repeat until it dosnt wander and your happy. Hell seek out some corners to double check.

I guess if it straight-lines too firmly bring it in 1/2 a turn or a 1/4 or two full dunno yet.

You should be able to feel it from handling and feedback in the bars when its right.

BYW A Poofteenth is exactly the the required measurement wider at the back than the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho12zpOkAPA
    The tech that adjusted my RT when it was aligned must have had an accurate "poofteenth meter", because my spyder runs str8 and the tires are wearing nice and even so far! Thanks for the INFO, ..... Bill
    2020 RTL Chrome, Marsala Red "Non-Directional Tires, Centramatic Balancers"
    Front- Kumho KH-16 175/55r15 @17psi, Rear-General Altimax RT-45 215/60r15 @20psi
    BaJa Ron Ultra 3 pcs sway bar kit
    10W40 Amsoil Synthetic Motorcycle oil
    7jurock 25" tinted windscreen w/flip
    Frogman Dave's "Signal Button"
    If in Doubt, Don't Do It!
    " Pros: Excellent Bug Killer, Cons: Pizz Poor Pothole Dodger"