Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    I built a 3 pronged octopus to air my Spyders tires. I have decided I like 18 PSI all the way around on my Vredestein's. One word of caution when using something similar. Due to the small tubing size and the small differential in air pressure between the tires it does take longer than you would think for all to become equal.
    Great idea! If you can hold the same psi all the way around while releasing the "octopus," you could have a money maker there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Great idea! If you can hold the same psi all the way around while releasing the "octopus," you could have a money maker there.
    I just used quick on/off clip on connections I got off Amazon so air loss is minimal.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I do as a couple of others mention, Greg.

Initially, I inflate to my required pressures using a portable inflator with preset psi, confirm with a digital psi reader and adjust accordingly. I then determine the difference between the digital readings, the tyre inflator setting, and FOBO, and then monitor via FOBO.
    If FOBO reads low before I head out, I use the portable pre set inflator. Every so often, maybe every month, I double check with the digital psi reader……actually, it is now every 3 months, as the relationship between the units has remained pretty solid over 18 months.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just used quick on/off clip on connections I got off Amazon so air loss is minimal.
    Neet, but how did you keep the other two clip on connections from bleeding off when the first one was removed?

Spyder Garage

The connections on my Dual Fill air hose have check valves so when you disconnect each end there's no air loss.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Neet, but how did you keep the other two clip on connections from bleeding off when the first one was removed?
    All air chucks have check valves to keep air from flowing out when they are not connected to a tire valve.

Correction: I goofed. I see on NAPA Online there are air chucks that are open and free flowing. I think they are mostly used in tire shops.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-11-2023 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added correction

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

When it's not on the valve stem it seals itself
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When it's not on the valve stem it seals itself
    Nice, I gotta make one of those. I run or try to run 17 all the way around.

Spyder Garage

I've only been riding motorcycles for about 35 years so maybe I am not as familiar with this stuff as some others, but I just trust the FOBO 2 readings. I inflate the front tires to 20, and the rear to 30 (as measured by the FOBO 2) and then regularly look at the app on my phone to check that the pressures are still in an acceptable level. If the front drops below 17, or the rear drops below 26, then I get back on the ground and get them back to the 20/30 level. The RT seems to ride just fine at those pressures. Typically I have to fuss with tire pressure at the start of each riding season, and at most twice more during the months of riding until its time for a winter hibernation again.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I've only been riding motorcycles for about 35 years so maybe I am not as familiar with this stuff as some others, but I just trust the FOBO 2 readings. I inflate the front tires to 20, and the rear to 30 (as measured by the FOBO 2) and then regularly look at the app on my phone to check that the pressures are still in an acceptable level. If the front drops below 17, or the rear drops below 26, then I get back on the ground and get them back to the 20/30 level. The RT seems to ride just fine at those pressures. Typically I have to fuss with tire pressure at the start of each riding season, and at most twice more during the months of riding until its time for a winter hibernation again.
    3 or 4 psi is a fairly large difference, Vito, especially with the stock Kendas when a couple of psi can seriously affect wear. I do pretty much the same as you, using FOBO as my main gauge, but I never let it drop any more than say 1.5 psi before I adjust.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Nice, I gotta make one of those. I run or try to run 17 all the way around.
    Here's how I made mine. Maybe this will help you.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...66#post1660966

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Go to your local truck stop and buy one of the miniature baseball bats they sell for checking tires. Use it to get an even bounce from the front tires. OK good to go. Now since the rear is so hard to get to, use the bat to bust up two out of three gages. Then just use whatever one is left. Problem solved.

BTW, the bat system is better than the pressure indicator on gas station pumps.
    2016 RT/S
    2021 Gold Wing
    2023 BMW 310GS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARD II View Post
    Go to your local truck stop and buy one of the miniature baseball bats they sell for checking tires. Use it to get an even bounce from the front tires.
    Truck drivers use a hammer for a quick pressure check.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Truck drivers use a hammer for a quick pressure check.
    Could be, it's been over fifty years since I last drove a tractor trailer. Times change.
    2016 RT/S
    2021 Gold Wing
    2023 BMW 310GS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZARD II View Post
    Could be, it's been over fifty years since I last drove a tractor trailer. Times change.
    Not in Ga, it's either the small bat or a round piece of 1" steel bar.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue