Spyder Garage

Default Best time to buy a Spyder?

None of the Spyder dealers near me have an RT or F3 tour to compare seating positions. When do the new ones hit the dealer floors? I would really like to compare them side by side to decide which is best for me. Thanks much.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lcfour View Post
    None of the Spyder dealers near me have an RT or F3 tour to compare seating positions. When do the new ones hit the dealer floors? I would really like to compare them side by side to decide which is best for me. Thanks much.
    In my opinion the buying experience is going to be neither fun nor economical for the next year and a half. Start making calls. Imotorsports is a great place from what I read on here all the time.

Good luck.

Steve
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2017 F3L in Feb. 2019 and got a helluva good deal.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

LC4. Try to find an RT and F3 rider in your area and see if they would let yo try theirs. That way you can know which on fit you best. Then you can shop for the right one for you
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

We are getting to "transition time." Many dealers have let their stock run down in anticipation of the new model year. The pandemic has screwed up production and guessing what the "buyers" are going to do has been a problem for many dealers.

The "big boy" dealers are pretty much the ones with more stock. I don't go to my "local" one. They would not deal with me back in 2019 when I got back into the market.

I have bought two F3L's from iMotorsports. One in 2019 and one in 2020. Both sight unseen and untested. Free pick up of the trade and delivery to my door. They treated me right and negotiated mostly "friendly" with me. They got 2011 RT and 2014 RT's in trade on the transactions.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

iMotorsports seem to have a good reputation, on this site anyway. Shop around on the net and on this site and other sites. Find a depressed seller either private or commercial during the dead of winter. Have it shipped or rent an enclosed trailer and go get it. Patience pays off big time sometimes.

Spyder Garage

I believe MONK has his '20 RT for sale for an excellent price considering the upgrades he's done.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...list-of-extras
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Trying to decide by comparing two different model Spyders side by side could be shooting your foot off with a long burst. Side by side comparison is totally wasted effort IMO without extensive test riding. And, no, you can't borrow mine, but depending on where you live in OH it might be worth a drive to Imotorsports, even if you stayed an overnight.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

FWIW, I purchased my '20 RT Base last September and my OTD price was $23k. Usually the end of riding season yields the best deals. If a dealer refuses to negotiate, look elsewhere. My dealer ate the shipping & set-up fees and still discounted the MSRP.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I just traded my 2018 for a 2021 S2S and dealer said it would be at least until April before they start getting 2022 Spyders in. Mostly doing the Pre-Order right now to see how that goes before just building and shipping extras to dealerships. I could not find any 2021 RT Limited Spyders around my location, unless I wanted to drive 3 hours south. Thought the local S2S was out of my reach but they came down some and I got a good deal on my trade. So now it is in my driveway....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    LC4. Try to find an RT and F3 rider in your area and see if they would let yo try theirs. That way you can know which on fit you best. Then you can shop for the right one for you
    Al, can I come by and test ride your spyder to see if I like them? I'll bring the wife and see if she approves, and the kids and my mother-in-law. NOOOOOT! Nobody rides my spyder unless they stole it. Period. Nothing personal AL, but I bearly trust my wife to be a passenger. LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttymopar View Post
    I just traded my 2018 for a 2021 S2S and dealer said it would be at least until April before they start getting 2022 Spyders in. Mostly doing the Pre-Order right now to see how that goes before just building and shipping extras to dealerships. I could not find any 2021 RT Limited Spyders around my location, unless I wanted to drive 3 hours south. Thought the local S2S was out of my reach but they came down some and I got a good deal on my trade. So now it is in my driveway....
    Congrats on your new 2021 S2S.

(off topic: an other Vermont spyder rider) back on topic let the smiles and miles begin!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

It really depends on what you consider a deal. Check the for sale section of the forum. There have been several listed recently. If you go with an older unit, try to get 1 with warranty or extended warranty. The best time is when you can get what you want at an acceptable price. I got what I wanted in December from a dealer in Virginia. '20 RT base with a few extras for less than I'd have paid for an '18 RT limited at a local shop. Search around. You may have to leave your area or have 1 shipped to you. If you can and are comfortable, maybe go with a private seller.

Spyder Garage

Another location that will have both for you to test ride would be motomember. (Virginia) He has over 100 spyders on the lot at any given time. I purchased my RT in the spring (March) of previous year model and got a great deal. 2017 RTL-$21K out the door with accessories. Bought the BEST warranty from Imotorsport separately.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Another location that will have both for you to test ride would be motomember. (Virginia) He has over 100 spyders on the lot at any given time. I purchased my RT in the spring (March) of previous year model and got a great deal.
    That's where I purchased mine. Dealt with Paul. Seems to be a decent enough salesperson.
    LC, I just saw a previous post where you mentioned an expensive high mileage unit. I'm guessing you passed on that...?
    Check the for sale section in the forum periodically, you may run across something up your alley.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Another location that will have both for you to test ride would be motomember. (Virginia) He has over 100 spyders on the lot at any given time. I purchased my RT in the spring (March) of previous year model and got a great deal. 2017 RTL-$21K out the door with accessories. Bought the BEST warranty from Imotorsport separately.
    I may be way off base here but I do not trust Motomember, from my experience with them they try to bait and switch you. Don't believe me check this out, https://www.motomember.com/inventory...0132-10343894i

I looked at this same add but for less money as in late 2020 there was a 2,000.00 rebate then. Notice all the extras on the bike, front light, luggage rack, arm rest's and drivers back rest, there may be even more. Try getting a quote on "this" bike. I was told the bike was sold but they could see what else they had, of course nothing had all of these extras. I questioned this and was told that because of covid that the add had not been taken down. Now low and behold the same bike is pictured but with a higher price. I promise you this bike will not be there if you call them.

To me this is not being honest. JMHO
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Personally I was very pleased with my purchase of a new 2021 RT at Loves Park Motorsports in Loves Park, IL just north of Rockford. Nothing is normal right now in the vehicle industry, at least as far as cars and trucks are concerned and to some degree it seems true for motorcycles as well. I had been wanting a Triumph T120 earlier this year and could find NONE at any dealer anywhere near me. Some dealers were willing to accept a deposit on the hope that they would receive this model before the end of the model year, and in both those cases said that they would not go below MSRP, period. When I bought my Spyder in June I got $1,000 off MSRP which was the BRP incentive, but the dealer met my price for my trade in of a 2016 Goldwing. I compare this to what car dealers are doing right now, where my son in CA wanted a new Toyota Sienna minivan and was finding prices at $5,000 to $10,000 ABOVE MSRP wherever he went. A friend of mine's brother owns a Chevy dealership, and rather than the normal 200 to 250 new cars on his lot, last week he had 12 vehicles, total. So buying a vehicle right now is not like just a few years ago when I bought my Goldwing in 2016 and was able to bargain to $5,000 below MSRP and a good trade in on my then current bike. I say if you find the Spyder you want, just buy it and pay full price if needed. Life is too short to wait around for a bargain.
    2021 Spyder RT
    2023 Royal Enfield Hunter 350
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lcfour View Post
    Where in Ohio are you? There are a few US Spyder Ryder groups in Ohio. Look under "Chapters" in usspyderryders.com. There are Chapters in Central Ohio, Greater Cincinnati and North East Ohio. See if you hook up with one of the groups to see if you can "sit" on their Spyders to feel the different seating positions. You probably won't be able to ride one, but sitting on one will help you get a feel for it.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I may be way off base here but I do not trust Motomember, from my experience with them they try to bait and switch you. Don't believe me check this out, https://www.motomember.com/inventory...0132-10343894i

I looked at this same add but for less money as in late 2020 there was a 2,000.00 rebate then. Notice all the extras on the bike, front light, luggage rack, arm rest's and drivers back rest, there may be even more. Try getting a quote on "this" bike. I was told the bike was sold but they could see what else they had, of course nothing had all of these extras. I questioned this and was told that because of covid that the add had not been taken down. Now low and behold the same bike is pictured but with a higher price. I promise you this bike will not be there if you call them.

To me this is not being honest. JMHO
    LOL
    It may very well be a different RTL and they may have actually been telling the truth. Only they know that. It's unfortunate that your experience with them wasn't better though.
    I've had a questionable interaction with iMotorsports, but lots of people give them A+ ratings.
    Some of it can be due to the sales people we interacted with.
    I didn't love MotoMember, I actually had an issue with their finance guy not following my directions, but Paul, the salesperson was really good.
    I purchased a chalk metallic RT base. We added the top case, signature lights, aux light, and swapped to the F3 handle bars for less than what a base RT costs.
    Don't get me wrong, there was some negotiating and back and forth about a few things, but he seemed to be pretty stand up. He didn't try to force me into anything. Actually, he persuaded me to get that package instead of the F3L or RTL b/c it saved me some money. Interestingly enough, I was leaning towards one of the RTs used in the 3-wheel riding course b/c it was cheaper on online. He beat that price and I received a spyder with 1 mile on it. Where that 1 mile came from, IDK lol. They don't offer shipping like iMotorsports, but he helped me find someone to haul my Spyder for a reasonable price through a 3rd party shipping company.
    If I had to work with anyone other than Paul, I probably would've gone elsewhere. I told him and I think the GM, "Spyderman" that.

Spyder Garage

Here's a very simple way to shop for a new Spyder. First, decide how far one is willing to drive to a dealership to pick it up, or the cost one is willing to pay to have a dealership ship it using a very reliable shipping company. Second, go to the BRP web site and build your own Spyder. Third, create a simple spreadsheet including everything added to the Spyder on BRP's web site. Include the the labor cost for each item added. Also include on the spreadsheet dealership charges for such things as assembly, documentation, temporary tags, etc. One could add a line for the B.E.S.T. extended warranty, recognizing that Imotorsports currently has about the lowest price. Have columns in the spreadsheet for the dealership to enter their numbers. On your master spreadsheet have sufficient columns to include each dealership one is going to contact. Call each dealership one is willing to conduct business with, develop a phone relationship with a point of contact. Send them the spreadsheet by email asking them to give you their best, no BS, numbers and give them a reasonable time to reply, like five business days. When you get the numbers back from all dealerships, enter them in your master spreadsheet and make one's purchase decision. Having all the numbers from all the dealerships puts one in the best position to do do the final haggling because one will be able to compare apples to apples across the board.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    LOL
    It may very well be a different RTL and they may have actually been telling the truth. Only they know that. It's unfortunate that your experience with them wasn't better though.
    I've had a questionable interaction with iMotorsports, but lots of people give them A+ ratings.
    Some of it can be due to the sales people we interacted with.
    I didn't love MotoMember, I actually had an issue with their finance guy not following my directions, but Paul, the salesperson was really good.
    I purchased a chalk metallic RT base. We added the top case, signature lights, aux light, and swapped to the F3 handle bars for less than what a base RT costs.
    Don't get me wrong, there was some negotiating and back and forth about a few things, but he seemed to be pretty stand up. He didn't try to force me into anything. Actually, he persuaded me to get that package instead of the F3L or RTL b/c it saved me some money. Interestingly enough, I was leaning towards one of the RTs used in the 3-wheel riding course b/c it was cheaper on online. He beat that price and I received a spyder with 1 mile on it. Where that 1 mile came from, IDK lol. They don't offer shipping like iMotorsports, but he helped me find someone to haul my Spyder for a reasonable price through a 3rd party shipping company.
    If I had to work with anyone other than Paul, I probably would've gone elsewhere. I told him and I think the GM, "Spyderman" that.
    Honestly the salesman agreed with me when I called them out on the bait and switch and he also thought it was being dishonest. He then handed me off to the sales manager and that's when I was told that they just had not had time to remove the add. He did quote me a price on one but it didn't have the added accessories and was for far more money also. I then watched this add up until sometime in Feb. of 2021 and it was still there. After that I just quit checking until I posted this.

Again this was just my experience with them and I would never trust them because of it. Anyone who does and feels that they were treated right then I'm glad your experience was better than mine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Honestly the salesman agreed with me when I called them out on the bait and switch and he also thought it was being dishonest. He then handed me off to the sales manager and that's when I was told that they just had not had time to remove the add. He did quote me a price on one but it didn't have the added accessories and was for far more money also. I then watched this add up until sometime in Feb. of 2021 and it was still there. After that I just quit checking until I posted this.

Again this was just my experience with them and I would never trust them because of it. Anyone who does and feels that they were treated right then I'm glad your experience was better than mine.
    Understood and it still looks like you ended up with a nice ride.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    Understood and it still looks like you ended up with a nice ride.
    I am happy with what I got and am also adding to it as I can.

Be safe and enjoy the wind therapy.