Thread: GPS Question

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default GPS Question

I have just mounted a handlebar mount with a slide on and off plate (plastic). I have a Garmin nuvi 880 which I would like to attach to same. It doesn't say it is "motorcycle friendly", but I wonder if I would have any problems with the inner parts due to the rougher ride on a Spyder? Are the motorcycle friendly made different?

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

The motorcycle friendly Garmin Zumo 550 is waterproofed, has a pretty heavy duty case, and is set up for left hand operation so you don't let go fo the throttle. .
    If I was mounting a car type GPS I would be wary of bad weather more than road vibes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jgwoods View Post
    The motorcycle friendly Garmin Zumo 550 is waterproofed, has a pretty heavy duty case, and is set up for left hand operation so you don't let go fo the throttle. .
    If I was mounting a car type GPS I would be wary of bad weather more than road vibes.
    +1
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, I will check it out,

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ran my Nuvi on my motorcycle for 2 years with no problems. Just get one of the boxes to put it in and now you are waterproof.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WATERPROOF-Motor...item5d22ee85de

BillGargan

Quote Originally Posted by HD2CANAM View Post
    I have just mounted a handlebar mount with a slide on and off plate (plastic). I have a Garmin nuvi 880 which I would like to attach to same. It doesn't say it is "motorcycle friendly", but I wonder if I would have any problems with the inner parts due to the rougher ride on a Spyder? Are the motorcycle friendly made different?
    Vibration might be an issue -- or not. Moisture will ABSOLUTELY destroy your 880.