Spyder Garage

Default F3L brake pedal ?

I have a 2018 F3L and previously had an Rss, a STL and a F3s . Never had to "search" for the brake pedal before but for some reason do on this bike .I installed the lowering brake rod from Lamont and that's a huge improvement but still not comfortable finding the brake. Does the larger pad from lamonster make a good difference?
    Also after some pretty aggressive riding on Mt Hamilton yesterday I can't wait for next weekend to have my baha Ron away bar installed and laser alignment done

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by baileydale View Post
    I have a 2018 F3L and previously had an Rss, a STL and a F3s . Never had to "search" for the brake pedal before but for some reason do on this bike .I installed the lowering brake rod from Lamont and that's a huge improvement but still not comfortable finding the brake. Does the larger pad from lamonster make a good difference?
    Also after some pretty aggressive riding on Mt Hamilton yesterday I can't wait for next weekend to have my baha Ron away bar installed and laser alignment done
    I just took the shortest brake rod and drilled new holes in it to bring the pedal lower, but not too low that it would hit the foot board.
    There is a topic on here, I'm not that great at the search option yet.
    2016 F3 Spyder Limited SE6
    2005 Honda ST1300 ABS

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Yes. No better improvement than the long pad. Plus, you can make minor adjustments to the height with longer bolts and washers.
    Details here:
    >CLICK ME<
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Yes. No better improvement than the long pad.
    Unless you have biiiig feet, Rattlebars. Then you have to ride with your boots alongside the brake pedal and the long pad pushes your feet right off the board . It’s all relative

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Unless you have biiiig feet, Rattlebars. Then you have to ride with your boots alongside the brake pedal and the long pad pushes your feet right off the board . It’s all relative

Pete
    Actually, the opposite would be true if you lowered your pedal. I have size 12 and I ride with my foot ON the long lowered pedal. If I need to stop, I just push! You would be surprised how far you can push the pedal before it actuates the brake light. Lower and elongate is the perfect solution to big feet. Try visiting the link I provided on how to lower the pedal.

>CLICK ME< then scroll down.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Actually, the opposite would be true if you lowered your pedal. I have size 12 and I ride with my foot ON the long lowered pedal. If I need to stop, I just push! You would be surprised how far you can push the pedal before it actuates the brake light. Lower and elongate is the perfect solution to big feet. Try visiting the link I provided on how to lower the pedal.

>CLICK ME< then scroll down.
    Thanks Rattlebars, but the opposite actually wouldn’t be true if I lowered MY pedal.
    Firstly, I don’t believe in riding with my foot on the brake pedal, but that isn’t the defining factor. With size 15s and 38” inleg, the ankle angle created in keeping my foot on the pedal would make it near impossible to maintain that position, regardless of lowering the pedal. I have no choice than to ride with my foot alongside the pedal, and the wide pedal prohibits that. I do have a solution however, which is Lamont’s RIP boards which change the board angle so it is easy to swing over to the brake from a position alongside it.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Thanks Rattlebars, but the opposite actually wouldn’t be true if I lowered MY pedal.
    Firstly, I don’t believe in riding with my foot on the brake pedal, but that isn’t the defining factor. With size 15s and 38” inleg, the ankle angle created in keeping my foot on the pedal would make it near impossible to maintain that position, regardless of lowering the pedal. I have no choice than to ride with my foot alongside the pedal, and the wide pedal prohibits that. I do have a solution however, which is Lamont’s RIP boards which change the board angle so it is easy to swing over to the brake from a position alongside it.

Pete
    Safe to assume you have the pegs as far forward as you can. My inseam is 36"

Spyder Garage

230BC7BF-853F-46A1-8C13-B8B46EB679CA.jpg
    By far the best floorboard/ brake pedal/ hyway peg combo set is sold by Lamonster. The Black Diamond Grippers. Add the brake rod if you need but its not for me. Plenty of real estate for my size 14s and the brake pedal is not too big like some others that take up too much space. The mid peg hyway pegs are great for perfect placement are nice as well.
    Last edited by AY4B; 09-06-2018 at 09:23 AM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Safe to assume you have the pegs as far forward as you can. My inseam is 36"
    .....yep....safe bet.......I’ve got everything as far forward as I can, Rattlebars....and my seat is an extra 1.5” back. I guess the ankles are just getting old, like me, and don’t like bending any more. Having Lamont’s RIP boards, which are angled up more than stock, has the same effect as lowering the pedal.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So I experienced this a bit when first transitioning to the F3L, but it is all muscle memory the more you ryde the more you realize that you don't even think about where the pedal is you find it instinctively! My problem comes when I get back on the RT.....and my muscles are reaching for the pedal that is right under my foot!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.