Thread: Trailer Rental

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Rental

i am going to rent a u-haul trailer to take my F3 to Myrtle Beach in May. Will a 6x12 (open trailer) with ramp U-Haul will work? I went to a UHaul store with my Spyder but they did not have a trailer to make sure my bike will fit. Will I need to have wood to bring the bike up the ramp without scraping, or the U Haul trailer will work without one. Thank you
    Last edited by wengerda; 03-25-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Spyder Garage

That should work. According to U-haul it is 6' 2" wide. https://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/6x12-...ler-Rental/RO/

You just need to figure out a ramp.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default More then one 6x12

You need to be careful, they have more then one open 6x12 with ramp. One of them only has a 5 ft wide ramp. You will need to make sure it is the right one. I was going to buy a spyder several months ago and had the same problem. I ended up going with an in closed 6x12, but still more then one door type/size and no ramp. I got to dealer and Spyder was a pice of crap, so I never got it in the trailer, but measurements said it would fit. I don't have an f3, so not sure there.
    Last edited by Huked; 03-25-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    2019 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic Dark

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I realize this is an older post but hoping to get some assurance here about using a 6x12 Uhaul utility trailer with a ramp to haul my F3T to Iowa. The ramp measures 57" and outside front tire to outside front tire is a smudge (1-2") over 57" although the inner dimensions state that it is 6'2". Will the F3T make it up the ramp as it doesn't specifically state what the opening of the end of the trailer itself is. Thanks for any guidance, assurance, etc.. I want to move my Spyder around Aug. 11

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reissooz View Post
    I realize this is an older post but hoping to get some assurance here about using a 6x12 Uhaul utility trailer with a ramp to haul my F3T to Iowa. The ramp measures 57" and outside front tire to outside front tire is a smudge (1-2") over 57" although the inner dimensions state that it is 6'2". Will the F3T make it up the ramp as it doesn't specifically state what the opening of the end of the trailer itself is. Thanks for any guidance, assurance, etc.. I want to move my Spyder around Aug. 11

Would definately suggest giving your your bike the room to (bounce) a smidge left and right especially where the Fenders are concerned.😳 All it takes is one of the straps to stretch just enough on a trailer not wide enough and you'll tear up your fender. We wound up getting a 77" wide trailer and that way we r (almost) guaranteed that no fender scratches are gonna happen
    Of course we (bought) a 14' x 77" wide trailer. we also crank the trailer jack up to max so it tips the back of trailer closer to ground.
    '15 F3S SE6 Pearly White (Hers)
    '16 F3S SE6 Special Series Triple Black (His)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    That should work. According to U-haul it is 6' 2" wide. https://www.uhaul.com/Trailers/6x12-...ler-Rental/RO/

You just need to figure out a ramp.
    Look here:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...U-haul+trailer

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox