Spyder Garage

Default FOBO Tire Pressure Monitoring Kit

Hi all - hope everyone is enjoying their Spyders...

I just ordered the FOBO Tire Pressure Monitoring Kit from Lamonster. Just wondering if any one has been using these and if you have any thoughts. It seems like a great idea - especially for the rear tire.

I also ordered the Air Pack (small portable compressor) - so should be good to go for a longer trip - soon!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post

I just ordered the FOBO Tire Pressure Monitoring Kit from Lamonster. Just wondering if any one has been using these and if you have any thoughts. It seems like a great idea - especially for the rear tire.

I also ordered the Air Pack (small portable compressor) - so should be good to go for a longer trip - soon!
    Both work Great!
    2015 RT LTD-Black: Belt Guard, SS Radiator Mesh & knott Grilles, Doc's Vib Damper, BS Mirrors, TricLED H-Lights, Brake & Mirror Turn Signals, FOBO, SpyderPops Bumpskid & LEDs, BajaRon Sway Bar & Billet Links, Lidlox, ISCI Hand Brake, Dual USB outlets, RamMounts, X Grip, Fuzeblock, Shortie Antenna, Alarm, Merlot's Mirror Magnets, Radar/Laser Detection, NBV Gripper Pegs, Shorty Windshield, Nautilus Horn, Gremlin Bell, Dig Clock & Voltmeter, GoPro, Nomad trailer & BRP Hitch, KradelLock, AirHawk R.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I like them. Had to learn to ignore the battery levels showing on the app, they mean nothing because they are inaccurate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    I like them. Had to learn to ignore the battery levels showing on the app, they mean nothing because they are inaccurate.
    Yep...I found that too, MisterP. That's why I always carry a few spare batteries in the glovebox.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yep...I found that too, MisterP. That's why I always carry a few spare batteries in the glovebox.

Pete
    The manufacturer claims that the batteries should last a year or more, so I will replace them when I lose a reading. I don't see any reason to carry spares for that reason.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    The manufacturer claims that the batteries should last a year or more, so I will replace them when I lose a reading. I don't see any reason to carry spares for that reason.
    Fair enough, MisterP. You don't tend to get a year out of them though. I just like the protection a few spares gives you if you are out in the middle of nowhere when one goes kaput. I have come to rely on the info from the Kobo.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies - glad to hear they work as advertised!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I use them and like them

I use them, I like them, they work great for me. Always check when "cold" to get accurate reading. I was surprised what an effect the ambient outside temperature has on the tires. Mine were a little tricky to set up, but once all synch-ed, everything has been good.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post

Spyder Garage

Default Had to adjust pressure..

Set mine up cold. After a few minutes on the road all the alarms went off on my phone! I set fronts to 19psi (cold I guess), they heated up to about 23. It is kinda weird setting them to about 17psi and getting low alarms that go away once they warm up. Tweaking the alarm levels fixed everything up. It is amazing how just maybe 2psi difference between the front two (say one at 19 one at 22) can change the handling. You can feel it in the curves. I guess that's why people are making "T" air lines when they adjust air to keep them perfectly the same pressure.